Godzilla 2014.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by amonjamesduul, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Like others have said, that is a very long tail. We also have 'lava' Godzilla now? Interesting.

Pat

CrazyCatz likes this.
  2. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

If you're referring to those glowing red patches on Godzilla's body, I'm wondering if it's some sort of reference/callback to Godzilla vs. Destoroyah where he was melting down....??

3. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

I think the new Godzilla design might be based off the look of radiation burns.

4. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

I like the design overall. I wish the American Godzilla would take a cue and change the look for the next film. Godzilla 2014 had a head that was not reptilian enough, and his body was too fat.

Since Godzilla has a tradition of changing the look every film, I wish they would adjust the look for Godzilla (2018)

5. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Not sure how much I like the look of "Resurgence" Godzilla. The extra long tail is kinda of weird, but that's not a big deal. I like that the shape of his body isn't too far removed from past versions in the 90s and 2000s. But he looks kinda too much like a raisin in terms of skin texture. I like the glowing, and the "Destoroyah" era orange radiated spotty look. But the actual skin texture looks weird, as do the teeth.

I always liked the 2001 version, and even got my girlfriend an overpriced "X Plus" figure of that one:

[​IMG]

Luke The Drifter likes this.
  6. You sir, are a very brave man :D

CrazyCatz likes this.
  7. balzac

balzac Senior Member

She asked for it! I think she likes Godzilla itself more than I do, as a visual character, though I can probably enjoy the actual films a little more than she does.

She literally cried when Godzilla melted away at the end of "Destoroyah", and was pissed at me for not telling her that was going to happen. Of course, I didn't know. That movie has maybe the best *opening* of any Godzilla film, but also has a really sad end.

I still haven't even finished off watching all of the BDs of the Godzilla films. I *did* eventually go ahead and look them all up and made sure Godzilla doesn't violently die at the end of any of the ones we haven't watched yet. :laugh:

CrazyCatz and Shawn like this.
  8. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Those small arms could be an issue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CrazyCatz likes this.
  9. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've envied these X plus figures for years but as expensive as they are and with my addictive collecting habits I have kept from buying my first one.

10. amonjamesduul

I like the new design.Again people are always yelling for new /original ideas and when they get it .........

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  11. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

The red patches do make me think of Godzilla vs. Destoroyah. He looks menacing, I dig it.

12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

how does the bluray look on this?

13. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Godzilla.
    Felt Bryan Cranston was channeling Walter White in this.

14. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

A fat Godzilla is a slow fat lazy creature..that anything could out run..
    And he better take his cholesterol medicine.. or he will have heart attack and die:D

15. amonjamesduul

Maybe this should be a new thread but anyway,this just showed up.I can't wait to see what they did with King Ghidorah,also hope they arn't making Godzilla a hero type monster which was the impression I got in the 2014 film.

16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

When I started to watch the trailer, I thought "hey, they brought Juliette Binoche back from the dead for the sequel!"

Then I realized that was some kid, not JB!

Damn, that kid looks like Binoche!

17. Oatsdad

I think they will make Godzilla a hero. The trailer says that the "Titans" need to save the world, and one assumes Godzilla is the "king" of the Titans.

Ergo, the Big G is probably the "hero" here...

amonjamesduul likes this.
  18. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

found the guy who hasn't watched Stranger Things

will_b_free and Shawn like this.
  19. Oatsdad

I did watch "Stranger Things" but I didn't recognize the girl.

C'mon - she looks really different in "Stranger Things" - at least Season 1. It's not a stretch that I wouldn't recognize her!

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

The world is in danger again??? save us Godzilla please save us.

21. amonjamesduul

The thing is G vs Kong is coming so who will be the good monster,I always see Kong as the one we root for I guess from growing up with the Toho film.Maybe Godzilla will become angry towards humans since we are destroying the planet he is supposed to protect?Anyway i don't mind a "good" Godzilla as long as it's not over the top,if he starts talking to children I'm out.

5th-beatle likes this.
  22. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident

I watched this for the first time on Friday. I’m not sure why it took so long for me see this. I enjoyed it quite a lot. The acting is good and the special effects are great and not overdone. The only thing I didn’t like was the ‘kid gets lost and I have to save him and get him back to his parents’ sequence. That was a lazy Hollywood plot line thrown in and completely unnecessary.

23. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

A hopefully not too OT comment. If you like Godzilla (and if you don't why are you reading this?) check out 2006's "The Host". The title makes sense once you see the movie. It cleverly plays with some of the conventions of monster films, but also delivers the goods in terms of an intelligent, destructive and powerful creature. The epic first appearance is one of the great Monster introductions. A brilliant sequence and, unlike Gozilla 2014, seen in bright clear sunlight.

The Hud likes this.
  24. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

The Host is an awesome movie!

25. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I'm intrigued.... the inclusion of Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah could mean a pretty epic monster rumble, if done properly.

Luke The Drifter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.