Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

' Godzilla Versus Kong '

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Wildest cat from montana, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

King Kong isn’t the only one whose size changes depending on the movie.

[​IMG]

Also, in the new movie Godzilla’s radioactive breath is the same as the energy source that is plentiful in Hollow Earth where Kong’s species originates so he has a natural immunity to it.

2. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I don’t think they cheated. Lol! This is the new monster verse with new rules than all the films we grew up with. And if Godzilla isn’t smart enough to use his atomic breath that’s on him, but he’s a dumb lizard. Kong was the hero here. And he saved Godzilla’s keister to boot. Kong was the bigger monster at the end, inspired by a little girl.
    I agree about mecha-Godzilla. That gummed up the works. Sort of fun seeing him but added nothing and got in the way of the main fight. Skull island had a better plot and a touching ending.
    I’m not a fan of the two directors that did this movie and Godzilla King of the Monsters so I wasn’t holding my breath for great cinema. Still, I had to watch because I love giant monster movies.

Shawn and The Revealer like this.
  3. Lenny99

Lenny99 The truth sets you free.

I don’t think it’s cheating. But they took artistic liberty to make a movie. LOL. But, really what could they do? We all are pretty sure Kong can’t defeat Godzilla. Who can?

Remember in Godzilla 1984(?). When are Japanese friends developed a floating, manned, orb. It contained poisonous torpedos or missals. Godzilla went down and look dead, but lightening struck him, and energized him. He stood up and went berserk. He burned the orb and then smashed it with a highly damaged skyscraper.

That’s was so cool about Godzilla and Kong. If people would leave them alone. But no! Governments want to weaponize everything.

Remember the very first Godzilla movie was pretty serious. If I’m correct it had an anti nuclear war bent.

But, one hopes the writers don’t get too out of hand like that bomber of a Godzilla movie with Mathew Broderick.

4. The Hud

The Hud AKA: AKA

I don't think it is cheating, this is a different Kong than Kong 1933. In Kong: Skull Island, they explain that this Kong is young and still growing, so they have explained the size increase.

None of this changes the fact that Kong doesn't stand a chance against a living nuclear reactor.

5. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

They explained it with the Hollow Earth storyline. The source of Godzilla’s power isn’t the same as it is in the older films. They retconned it to make the pairing more evenly matched, and is why they gave Kong a battle ax with the ability to absorb Godzilla energy.

Kong isn’t just an oversized gorilla. He’s a Titan.

Shawn likes this.
  6. The Hud

The Hud AKA: AKA

Is Godzilla not nuclear anymore? I guess I haven't been paying enough attention. :doh:

7. razerx

razerx Who me?

You didn’t notice the solar panels along Godzilla’s back?

The Hud likes this.
  8. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

That was Mecha-Godzilla. ;)

razerx likes this.