Gohastings

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Sput, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Today I received the first item shipped by them via UPS Innovations (someone earlier mentioned getting something shipped like that). And, yes, packages shipped through UPS Innovations (where UPS handles the first part of the shipment and the last part is shipped via the local USPS) are slower than dirt. But of maybe 100 items I bought last month, only one was shipped this way.

No matter how cheap their discount rate with UPS is, I cannot imagine it's cheaper to ship a single LP via UPS Innovations than pay 2 pounds Media Mail shipping.

2. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Question for anyone who has ordered from Gohastings. When you order from them whether is be their online store or their eBay and Amazon stores, can you be certain that the item description accurately matches as far as the barcode or SKU that they use? In other words do they scan their items for their sales or not? Has anyone received an item that didn't match the barcode for the same album by the particular artist they wanted like a remaster or different edition of the album?

3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

No, as has been discussed on many occasions in these forums, GoHastings often mis-lists items. You can mostly be assured of getting the correct title (mostly), but NOT the correct version. Anything listed as SACD/GoldDisc/etc. is almost assuredly MIS-listed, for example.

4. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Thanks.

5. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Not of this world

Slower than dirt ? !!!!

When I order from estocks on ebay...often time they ship that same day or the next but thru the mail innovations UPS/USPS dealy I get my cd's lickity split ! Once I got my cd days after I ordered ! I'm in rural southern middle Tennessee and estocks ships from Georgia. I got a package the same way from the upper Midwest somewhere and it took about 4 or 5 days. They slagged a bit.

Can't remember the last time I got a cd from gohastings..but it seemed to take a moderate amount of time like 5-6 days. I like first class USPS, never more than 3 days away !! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.