Going, Going...Gunne!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris R, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Just received an E-mail from Rhino Handmade. Rhino Handmade is down to their last 200 copies of Jo Jo Gunne's The Asylum Recordings: Jumpin' The Gunne + So...Where's The Show?

Quote, "You might recall that this Spirit-offshoot's previous Handmade release sold out some time ago; this one is sure to follow suit!"

I was first made aware of Rhino Handmade by a friend, long after the Jo Jo Gunne first twofer CD was sold out, as well as that Stooges - Funhouse box set. :sigh: Would have purchased both, if they were still avaialble. I have seen the Jo Jo Gunne on eBay a couple of times, and the price was out of my range.

So don't say you weren't warned. Get this Jo Jo Gunne while you can. :)

2. ArneW

ArneW Senior Member

Whenever you're tempted to buy a "Rhino Handmade" release because Rhino pretends it to be a one of a kind "limited edition": Be sure to check out if it hasn't been released as a "regular" release in Europe. I was just about to order their "Violent Femmes" DeLuxe release with alternates, demos and all when I found out the very same CD is sold here in Germany for a mere 16.99 in stores everywhere! Same tracks, same booklet, except for that it just says "Rhino" instead of "Rhino Handmade".

Arne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.