Going to Myrtle Beach. Any good used records stores there?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Brian Cruz, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm hitting the road right now. If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks! :wave:

2. reidc

reidc Senior Member

I haven't been down there for a few years now, but when I looked around and scouted- there was a smaller mall-type place that was and independent guy also doing used vinyl. If I remember it was in one of the bigger malls on US17. There was one mall near 25 ave North- on the southbound side, and another also on the southbound side up near TGI Fridays(up in the area around 65th ave North to 73rd Ave North- or there abouts.

I would think a touristy beach place would not have much for the audiophile.

You might actually have better luck making some stops on the way down- although I dodn't remember where you are from (edit- I just saw Music City). Maybe stop near Research Triangle if you are gonna be that close going across N Carolina.

Chris

3. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Forum Resident Thread Starter

WOW! I'm impressed at the overwhelming response!! :D Thanks Chris. Good advice! I'll keep my eye out! I'm off to the beach. BYE!!

4. Beattles

Beattles Senior Member

This is probably too late but the store I think being refered to was Sounds Familiar and it has closed. If you are going thru Atlanta try Fantasy Land on Peachtree near Buckhead and Papa Jazz in Columbia on Green Street in 5 Points near Univ of South Carolina. Good Luck!

5. reidc

reidc Senior Member

Enjoy the water- and especially the SCENERY!

I will be heading down there in April of next year for a week- I will do some searching then. I will be going with my wife and my 16 year old, and two other families.

Since there will be other women to keep my wife occupied, and other kids to keep my 16 yr old occupied- I can actually take a few extended excursions(Wilmington NC), Charleston, Columbia????

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.