Goliath, Season 3 (Amazon Prime, Oct 4th 2019)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chrome_Head, Oct 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

So I finished bingeing all 3 seasons. 2nd wasn't as good as the 1st, and the 3rd wasn't as good as the 2nd! Although the seasons were uneven, they've managed to establish a good foundation. They just need a solid script for season 4! Tellyawhat, between her scene-stealing run on Billions and being the break-out star of Goliath, it's only a matter of time before Nina Arianda gets a shot at stardom!

GregM and Chrome_Head like this.
  2. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

Just watched ep. three. The Lewbowski bit in the death scene was a bit much and just seems shoe-horned in for no good reason. I do think the new character is helping the show already. She has presence. Looks good in the leathers too.

3. SarahConnor

SarahConnor Member

Agree...they owe David Lynch a stipend!

unclefred likes this.
  4. Bungo

Bungo Forum Resident

I finished season 3 this weekend. Found it more enjoyable than season 2 despite the unpromising first few episodes. But I would definitely not be continuing with this show if Billy Bob wasn't in it.

unclefred likes this.
  5. Johnny Action

Johnny Action Forum President

The dream sequences, non sequiturs, and general psychedelic surrealism is what makes this season memorable and great. We need more of this stuff, not straightahead linear dime a dozen storytelling.

IMHO, of course.

Old Mac and Brenald79 like this.
  6. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

For the most part, I loved those sequences. Especially when Billy first got drugged and it kicks in when he's driving. By Ep 7, it was hard to tell what was fantasy and what was reality though.

I don't mind disjointed narratives, and I really liked how they waited to tell what happened at the beginning of the season until episode 4.

7. GregM

GregM The expanding man

The hallucinations weren't handled properly and the show indulged in them too long to salvage season 3. I agree that the show has gone downhill fast since season 1, which seemed inspired.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Finished Season 3.

The first few episodes were pretty bad--far too much time devoted to the hallucinations (which were completely irrelevant) and to general weirdness which neither established plot elements nor established a mood in any necessary way.

About episode 4 or 5, things took off, with far more linear storytelling and it was excellent from that point forward.

The resolution of Season 3 and the story arc for the last several episodes beat Season 2. Season 1 was the best.

I am still interested enough to want Season 4.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  9. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

How important is it to have seen all of S2? I really like S1 of this show, but didn't think much of S2. I can't remember quite why but I think I bailed after three episodes or so.

10. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

You should watch the rest of S2. There’s an episode toward the end of the season that’s one of the best of the series, IMO. And it sets up certain status quo elements for S3.

Neil Anderson likes this.
  11. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Really good season!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.