Good deals on amazon.ca - Updated as deals are found (pt2)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Dec 22, 2013.

1. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

WARNING: As of today, Amazon.ca is no longer allowing returns to be processed via Canada Post! The only options are Purolator and UPS. This might not matter to many of you, but if you live in a rural area like myself it's a massive issue. I have a post office less than 5 minutes from my house. The closest UPS or Purolator drop off points are over 50km from me. So I'm expected to drive 100km round trip for a return during COVID. With gasoline at record prices. Thank you Amazon, I'm done with you unless/until the postal option returns. Now I just need to cross my fingers that the 5 items I have in transit to me are ok.

Donniej, eelkiller, mrjinks and 2 others like this.
  2. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

I saw that and wondered why. I can only hope its a temporary thing. Its not that big of a deal to me since I live in a big city but it does mean I have to drive further to drop them off.

3. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

The nice thing about using UPS was the return documentation said they didn’t want me to package the return up…the store would do it so I didn’t need to look around for a box and packaging material. If I had to guess it’s because they put multiple returns in large boxes and save the money on shipping (they have to eat) that way.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  4. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

I hate it. I have the Post Office 100m away from me.

5. LaBowe

LaBowe Forum Resident

Man this is bad for me also as I have to take a ferry to find a UPS/Purolator!!!

6. Gez

Gez Forum Resident

Did Amazon post this information somewhere? - everything I see on the site still indicates Canada Post returns are one of the methods.

7. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

No, but go ahead and try a test to return something. You'll see Canada Post is not listed. I don't know if they are going through some negotiation with Canada Post currently, but the person I spoke to on chat said that USP and Purolator were the ONLY methods currently available. It might be temporary...who knows? They were kind enough to ship me an LP that arrived today with no protection at all, just in a thin bag. Of course it's mangled.

Donniej, eelkiller and Gez like this.
  8. chaz

chaz Senior Member

eelkiller, Dennis Metz and Blair G. like this.
  9. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

chaz and Dennis Metz like this.
  10. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

11. chaz

chaz Senior Member

12. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

whoa.

thanks for the heads up!

audiolab1 likes this.
  13. frogfog

frogfog Zappaddict

I personally returned an item (not a LP) yesterday (the day after the above post) via Canada Post. Just sayin'.
    Edit: Received notification of refund today.

Simon A likes this.
  14. I printed off a return label yesterday and had to choose Puralator or UPS.

15. noname74

Makes you wonder if this is a way of cutting back on the returns they get. Even if making it slightly more difficult to return things resulted in a .25% decrease in returns that would be a massive savings for them.

eddiel, Peter_R, monte4 and 1 other person like this.
  16. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

For me it means I will buy less from them. Less business vs more savings. Will balance out probably.
    Wrong way to go imo, but I understand, they need to save for some rocket fuel now.

audiolab1, Peter_R and LaBowe like this.
  17. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Not returned anything recently, but UPS is 5 minutes away for me. No biggie.

18. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

19. For me, if it becomes more of a hassle, I'll look closer at making more local purchases. I predict it will become worse over time, like every other consumer market ever.

20. noname74

I guess depending on one’s location this change may or may not matter. For me it’s irrelevant as I can drop a return off at UPS just as easily as Canada Post as I am out for a Timmys run.

21. jrice

jrice Senior Member

UPS or Canada Post makes no difference to me but it seems like if you have virtually no access to UPS a note to Amazon CS might work. They might be able to make a change specifically on your account.

I know in the past when I had problems with one of their delivery companies they flagged my account to not use that company.

Worth a try.

LaBowe and audiolab1 like this.
  22. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

The CS person I was speaking to on chat said that UPS or Purolator were the only return options. They could not change it to Canada Post on their end.

LaBowe likes this.
  23. jrice

jrice Senior Member

That sux

24. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Had an "acceptable" warehouse deal for $81 today (Deluxe Band Cahoots) but by the time I decided I would risk it it was gone. Oh well!

Update: It came back and I snagged it! Hopefully the damage is not extensive!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    formu_la likes this.
  25. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards