Good deals on amazon.ca - Updated as deals are found

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by TheHypnoToad, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

2. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

3. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

4. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

5. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

6. imarcq

Lol I got fooled by the 0.01c...still a bargain at $190 Amazebols....

7. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

8. beatlebum

beatlebum Forum Resident

9. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

10. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Great Deal on the UBER Deluxe Achtung Baby box set there right now as well! If I didn't have it already (thanks to the classifieds here!) I'd be all over it!

11. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

12. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

13. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Mostly not getting EU sets, however. Probably an OK risk if you are in Canada. Ordering for international shipping is a much bigger hassle.

15. StephMess78

StephMess78 Forum Resident

Thurenity likes this.
  16. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

17. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

18. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

19. imarcq

Go to Amazon.co.uk today as they have the EU Beatles box for £239 (£202 [$332] after VAT removal for outside UK - and shipping added of just £3.58!!!)...sorry for hijacking thread lol

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  20. gfong

gfong Forum Resident

So (25th Anniversary Edition - Limited Edition Box Set) [Box Set, Limited Edition]

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008BSPQ3E/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lightning Deal: $59.99 CAD down from $103.03

Product Description
    The Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set includes a total of 6 discs (4 CDs and 2 DVDs), 2 vinyl records, and a hardcover case-bound book:

So (Remastered) [CD] and Live in Athens 1987 [2 CDs]

So DNA [CD] - A unique insight into the writing and recording of So, experienced via a track by track evolutionary process leading you from the early moments when rhythms, melodies and lyrical ideas were discovered through the various stages of song development and recording.

• Two Previously Unreleased DVDs:
    Live in Athens 1987 [DVD] - Directed by Michael Chapman, Executive Producer Martin Scorsese. This previously unreleased Peter Gabriel concert live from Athens has now been fully restored and pieced together from over 150 reels of original 35mm negatives and remixed in 5.1, this concert is made available for the first time on DVD.

So: Classic Album [DVD] - This documentary tells the story behind the making of So and features contributions from many of those involved in the album and videos, with interviews with Peter, co-producer Daniel Lanois and many more.

• 180grm So LP [Vinyl] - The vinyl has been mastered at half-speed to maximize the audio quality & track listing (unlike the original) and is favoured by the artist.

• Double A-side 12" [Vinyl] - Contains two previously unreleased tracks "Courage" and "Sagrada" plus "Don’t Give Up" (alternative version piano and bvox mix).

So: Peter Gabriel - [Hardcover] 60-page case-bound book. Includes an introduction and So DNA summary by Peter, new liner notes and an extensive collection of rare and never before seen photographs.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  21. gfong

gfong Forum Resident

Neil Young: Waging Heavy Peace [Hardcover]
    Regular price: $31:50 CAD
    Deal: $6.10 CAD

http://www.amazon.ca/Waging-Heavy-P...m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_r=094HBA918VHV16S60CNQ

For the first time, legendary singer, songwriter, and guitarist Neil Young offers a kaleidoscopic view of his personal life and musical creativity. He tells of his childhood in Ontario, where his father instilled in him a love for the written word; his first brush with mortality when he contracted polio at the age of five; struggling to pay rent during his early days with the Squires; traveling the Canadian prairies in Mort, his 1948 Buick hearse...

Makes a great Christmas present. I own the book and its a nice read.

Attached Files:

imarcq likes this.
  22. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I appreciate the heads up. This is a great price, but it is a shame that the set is offers no hi-rez discs (I am aware of download codes that are included). Also, I read reviews in a thread here from last year, and there were comments about the album CD being mastered loud and discs becoming dislodged from their sleeves in transit and being scratched. I think I'm going to pass on this set.

Clanceman likes this.
  23. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Is this a Deals thread or a "Will Keith Buy The Deal" thread?

24. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

[​IMG]
    I hear crickets :)

That is WAS the lowest price I have heard for the So Deluxe set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.