Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

£45.86....how low will our Kate go? :)

latheofheaven and ptijerm like this.
  2. Graham

Graham Senior Member

More likely it was cheaper to buy them individually than it was in the box, which was ridiculous.

latheofheaven likes this.
  3. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Do keep us posted !

(Except this thread won’t).

latheofheaven and imarcq like this.
  4. culabula

culabula Unread author.

kenbefound and latheofheaven like this.
  5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Still stuck on this price. Tempting but I told myself that the only vinyl box I wanted is the first one which I already have. I don't need the second as I have a nice copy of Hounds already and am not overly enamored with Sensual World or Red Shoes. I think it'd have to drop well below $50USD for me to be tempted. Right now it is $55.99 shipped.

Aerial as standalone vinyl is a really good price right now, $27.49 shipped (£20.64). That works for me because I have no desire for Directors Cut on vinyl and already have the vinyl version of Snow from when it first came out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HPYHL17/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aerial doesn't appear to be particularly easy to find in the USA, or at least that is what I found on my cursory search.

6. imarcq

All of the other boxes are back to £70++ on Amazon UK. They seem to be swapping around which one is cheaper. But box two hasn't been this cheap. It's half the release price of £90!!! I think the new HOL does sound very good indeed, and TRS is very much improved. SW is ok but not a sonic standout. :)

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  7. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

The Other Sides is being released as a standalone set on CD. Only 19.55 pounds at amazon uk.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Other-Side...0967218&sr=8-2&keywords=kate+bush+other+sides

imarcq and turnersmemo like this.
  8. imarcq

Howard Jones - Transform.

Pre-order for May 10, 2019 is currently £12.99.

I'm pretty sure this is the first 'brand new' album put out on vinyl by Howard for some time. His other recent releases have all been on CD only, apart from the vinyl remasters of the first two albums both re-released last year.

Transform [VINYL] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NQMRSHH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vTMCCbWS5M4K3

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  9. imarcq

ptijerm, latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  10. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

As pointed out on the SDE site, the label never said the rarities were exclusive to the box. Additionally, there is a distinct barcode on the rarities within the box which was highly suggestive of future separate release. Still, it seems like an odd decision to bring this out so soon. Watch for the price to drop like a brick on CD box #2.

As for the new HoJo album, I saw that yesterday and probably should have dropped an order when I bought Aerial. It'll probably be priced pretty good over here though...yep, $22.98 on Amazon. Still a better price on the UK site by a few $$$ at the current exchange rate.

imarcq likes this.
  11. imarcq

Yes it's true she didn't specify that it was a box only exclusive (like the recent Bowie boxes all having stuff not sold separately). That CD box 2 is quite expensive for what it is. I think the first CD box is better value.

I think that Hojo may have done a vinyl release for Revolution of the Heart...but nothing else since on vinyl...apart from those remasters last year....it's normally all CD sets. The CD set for this new release, Transform, is actually £24 on preorder. So £12.99 is quite a good price for the vinyl :)

12. imarcq

There's some more info about the release and upcoming tour on Howard's website. There is also a signed option there for both LP (£20.99 + shipping) and for the CD sets....

www.howardjones.com

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Davidmk5, latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  13. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Pretty bad form, I am sure the lovely Kate had nothing to do with it ...

imarcq and latheofheaven like this.
  14. imarcq

...well she said recently that she's not a Tory. ;)

15. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

16. imarcq

I just checked up on HoJo's vinyl albums released and In the Running from 1992 was the last full new album on vinyl. There was a 12" DJ Promo for the 2005 single Revolution of the Heart, but not for the full album itself. So not including last year's vinyl remasters of Humans Lib and Dream into Action, the new Transform is the first vinyl release of a brand new Howard Jones album for 27 years! Of course, lots of new stuff on CD but he seemed much less sold on vinyl....until now! :)

SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  17. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

Has anyone who’s ordered this pressing actually received it (yet)? I’m curious whether they’re shipping the 2016 pressing (as shown in photos) or 2012 version (verbiage in item description). Thanks!

18. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature Thread Starter

Mine arrived last week and it is the 2016.

topekatj and latheofheaven like this.
  19. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Mine arrived last week also. Listened through twice. It sounds AMAZING!

20. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

YAY! BG in deadwax on all four sides?

21. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Yes - the hype sticker also notes it is the 2016 issue.

22. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature Thread Starter

I think it's a good thing, but this is my first copy on vinyl. I've only had it on cassette and CD.

23. Krzych

Krzych The one who listens

24. imarcq

latheofheaven and superstar19 like this.
  25. imarcq

£44.63 now :)

latheofheaven, superstar19 and SJP like this.