Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

CTabler and latheofheaven like this.
  2. imarcq

CTabler likes this.
  3. CTabler

CTabler Well-Known Member

Hi Mark Q, new knucklehead here. With all due respect, I'm not following the thread of a lot of what you are posting. You think these are not good deals or you just dislike the artists? I was going to order both but you gave me pause. What are you getting at? Many others are sharing some great stuff. And was that Police box defective and had to be returned or something? No offense, mate. :)

imarcq, superstar19 and latheofheaven like this.
  4. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Oh great... as if we didn't already have ENOUGH knuckleheads around here... [​IMG]

***EDIT

Just teas'n mate :D Welcome to Bedlam!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    hutlock, imarcq, superstar19 and 2 others like this.
  5. CTabler

CTabler Well-Known Member

Guilty as charged. Nice to see you latheofheaven. I loved that novel too much.
    I can be a bit thick-headed at times. I think since English is not of my first language I am missing some undercurrents of mirth in Mister Mark Q's comments. :magoo:
    I do appreciate the deals and steals you Mark Q and the rests are sharing!!!

latheofheaven likes this.
  6. latheofheaven

You seem very fluent to me my friend :) Thanks kindly for the recognition of the book, not many know about it. Le Guin's story impressed me SO much at age 12 that I've made it my handle in most things. And yes, our dear Mark is just full of... well... humour, amongst other things... :D

Feel free to ask about anything. Many here are really quite helpful and knowledgeable (Great... now we are gonna have a bunch of puffed up knuckleheads...) The Mods (Gorts, with SuperHuman vaporizing powers!) don't want us to discuss things too much on this deals thread, so feel free to PM anyone or start a thread on 'Music Corner' if you want to discuss any albums or whatever at length.

Cheers mate! [​IMG]

imarcq and CTabler like this.
  7. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

8. Kym

Kym Former Resident

9. imarcq

I hope like me, you're joking? :)

ptijerm and latheofheaven like this.
  10. imarcq

That's a great price on Scott Walker's Tilt....as a companion piece, this excellent collection of lyrics is £11.99....or just £7.50 from a third party seller....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sundog-Scott-Walker/dp/0571328571

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Product description
    Scott Walker is undoubtedly one of the most brilliant, serious and intelligent of artists today. As one of the greatest lyricists of the 20th century and front man of globally loved pop trip, The Walker Brothers, Walker commands huge devotion. A major event, Sundog is the first ever selection of Walker's lyrics curated by the artist himself, published for the first time with a stunning introduction by Eimear McBride. Walker's iconic lyrics will proudly follow in the footsteps of other famous musicians who have been published by Faber & Faber, including Jarvis Cocker, Billy Bragg, and Van Morrison.

Review
    Thrillingly uncategorisable: densely allusive and imagistic, resistant to obvious interpretation and suggestive of a vast range of literary and musical interests ... Abandon yourself to Walker's ungovernable imagination ... and almost Beckettian bleakness. -- Alex Clark, The Guardian

Book Description
    The first ever selection of lyrics by the iconic Scott Walker, hand picked by the artist.

About the Author

Scott Walker is quite simply a cultural icon. He is an American-born, British singer-songwriter, composer and record producer. He is known for his distinctive voice and for the unorthodox career path which has taken him from 1960s pop icon to 21st century avant-garde musician.

Originally coming to fame in the mid-1960s singing orchestral pop ballads as the frontman of The Walker Brothers, Walker went on to a solo career balancing a light entertainment with increasing artistic innovations in arrangement and writing perspective. Since the mid-1980s Walker has revived his solo career while drastically reinventing his artistic and compositional methods, via a series of acclaimed and vividly avant-garde albums. The change in approach has been compared to "Andy Williams reinventing himself as Stockhausen".

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    superstar19 and latheofheaven like this.
  11. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

From my experience here over the years, Mark is one of the nicest, funniest and honest members on this forum. You never need to take offence at anything he says; if you find yourself scratching your head at his comments, have no fear - I'm sure it's just his British humour :D

imarcq, Gavaxeman and latheofheaven like this.
  12. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

What's he paying you to say this? :winkgrin:

13. latheofheaven

Of course he did. Look what he did to the poor fellow's face when he missed the last payment...

imarcq and ptijerm like this.
  14. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

How dare you imply that we would engage in any such untoward behaviour on a forum dedicated to saving money?!?

(P.S. If you feel the need to apologize, I accept Amazon gift cards in all major forms of currency) ;)

myles, imarcq and latheofheaven like this.
  15. espartaco

espartaco Forum Resident

16. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

17. latheofheaven

:laugh:

imarcq likes this.
  18. Larsen

Larsen Forum Resident

19. Larsen

Larsen Forum Resident

20. imarcq

You're all too kind and generally very spiffing folk. Thanks for the nice words. Just PM me full names and addresses and I'll get those Beatles Mono vinyl boxes in the mail as agreed... ;)

21. imarcq

22. imarcq

Beatles - Home and Away (!) 5LP box with hardcover book and poster.... allegedly on preorder for December 20 2020. £49.99

Buyer beware.... but I've stuck in an order out of curiosity and have all year to cancel. It's obviously public domain, legal in EU, unofficial release, probably from CD or dubious online source. But you get quite a lot for fifty quid...even if it does sound like $h!t...or maybe not?

Home and Away [VINYL] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084DGVFFJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_G4KxEbR4X7TXQ

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Product Description
    5 LP BLACK VINYL boxed set Contains five incredible performances live from Australia, United Kingdom, USA, France and Japan The entire original National Television Network, ITV, WXPN 99.9 FM, Europe 1 and NTV Channel 4 broadcasts Includes 60pp hardback book Full colour A2 poster Professionally re-mastered with background liners and many rare archival photographs. Disc One Australia; Festival Hall, Melbourne, 17th June 1964 National Television Network Side One: 1. I Saw Her Standing There 2. You Can t Do That 3. All My Loving 4. She Loves You 5. Till There Was You Side Two: 1. Roll Over Beethoven 2. Can t Buy Me Love 3. Twist & Shout 4. Long Tall Sally Disc Two United Kingdom; ABC Theatre, Blackpool ITV Network Side One: 19th July 1964 1. A Hard Day s Night 2. Things We Said Today 3. You Can t Do That 4. If I Fell 5. Long Tall Sally Side Two: 1st August 1965 1. I Feel Fine 2. I m Down 3. Act Naturally 4. Ticket To Ride 5. Yesterday 6. Help! Disc Three USA; Philadelphia Convention Hall, Philadelphia, 2nd September 1964 WXPN 88.9 FM Side One: 1. Twist & Shout 2. You Can t Do That 3. All My Loving 4. She Loves You 5. Things We Said Today 6. Roll Over Beethoven Side Two 1. Can t Buy Me Love 2. If I Fell 3. I Want To Hold Your Hand 4. Boys 5. A Hard Day s Night 6. Long Tall Sally Disc Four France; Palais Des Sports, Paris, 20th June 1965 Europe 1 Side One: 1. Twist and Shout 2. She s A Woman 3. I m A Loser 4. Can t Buy Me Love 5. Baby s In Black 6. I Wanna Be Your Man Side Two 1. A Hard Day s Night 2. Everybody s Trying To Be My Baby 3. Rock N Roll Music 4. I Feel Fine 5. Ticket To Ride 6. Long Tall Sally Disc Five Japan; Budokan Hall, Tokyo, 30th June 1966 NTV Channel Four Side One: 1. Rock n Roll Music 2. She s A Woman 3. If I Needed Someone 4. Day Tripper 5. Baby s In Black Side Two: 1. I Feel Fine 2. Yesterday 3. I Wanna Be Your Man 4. Nowhere Man 5. Paperback Writer 6. I m Down

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    latheofheaven and superstar19 like this.
  23. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

latheofheaven and imarcq like this.
  24. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Can't comment on any vinyl issues, but I have had the CD since its original release and it is a great album (anyone who enjoys the last two Talk Talk albums will like this). It is a very sparse recording, so any vinyl issues will be more obvious!

25. imarcq

I didn't know that. Thanks for the warning :)

latheofheaven likes this.