Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

It's been talked about in several threads, but I'll say it here again, NEVER pay ImportCDs (or their sister company DeepDiscount) with Paypal. They not only take the $$ right away (as opposed to when the item ships if paying direct by credit card) but they quite often make it difficult to get a refund. Don't use paypal for those companies unless ordering from ebay (but even then I have had them screw things up refund-wise when I returned something that they sent me BY MISTAKE instead of what I actually ordered & then they could not fill the original order).

2. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

This is very good advice, even though I've not had too much go wrong with them. But when things do go wrong it can become very messy.

imarcq, latheofheaven and slipkid like this.
  3. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Exactly. When things go wrong...they sometimes go doubly wrong & you have to fight to get them to fix things. Unlike Amazon who usually have very responsive customer service policies.

Back to the deals thread!

latheofheaven and Electric like this.
  4. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

IC did give me a refund, but it was $1.51 short. I called Pay Pal & rather than opening a dispute, Pay Pal chose to pay me with Pay Pal's money. I suspect Alliance is a HUGE PP customer. Corporations like Pay Pal usually don't just give money away.

I did the DD order through ViSA. DD has always taken my Visa payment immediately also. So far, the money has gone from my count to DD & no shipping notice; but as it's only been 1 day, I'm not upset at this time. One of many things I don't like about DD is particular is there website NEVER shows if an item has been shipped or when it is shipping. They usually do send an email when they get around to shipping it (which often takes a week in my experience).

Unfortunately, Amazon.UK, IC & DD seem to be the only stores I can find with under $50 pricing delivered. I probably should have just bought the damn 24 bit download for $20 on HDT. I have all the other boxes, & you never know what they're going to put on the hi-res download version. In this case, it includes all the 2.0, so I would have been good. That info wasn't available until 9 PM pacific last night.

imarcq and latheofheaven like this.
  5. moomoomoomoo

Never had an unsolvable issue with Amazon USA; but over the last year I've had a couple significant problems with Amazon.UK that took a big chunk of my time to get resolved.

6. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

It hasn't shipped yet. Still showing the provisional May delivery.... BUT they have already charged me. So much for not paying until it ships....

Update: Just got this message...now April 16....still a bit of a wait although they are unpredictable and it could show tomorrow!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    latheofheaven likes this.
  7. imarcq

There's sadly not too many deals to find right now. :(

latheofheaven and ptijerm like this.
  8. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

it’s all a little weird right now. I had 2 albums listed as delivery 19th April yesterday yet when I clicked on now to check I see they’re both out for delivery today. And I thought that deal for The angelic process - weighing souls with sand 2lp had been cancelled but it still shows as delivery Monday. I don’t think anything can be predicted for amazon right now. Still expect the angelic process deal might fall through.

imarcq likes this.
  9. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Weird I've never had that happen when I pay by credit card direct (instead of cc via paypal) with DD. They only ever charge me for items when they ship. And in some ways it is a PITA, in that I always go over every charge on my credit card sttmts and rectify them against my various orders, and when ordering from DD with discounts like 15% on their original order receipt it just shows the 15% off for the WHOLE order, but when I get things piecemeal - and most of what I order are preorders that come out different dates mixed in with some things they may have in stock - I have to figure out the exact correct charge for EACH shipment on my own to crosscheck with on my statement. With Amazon at least I can go back to the order page and reprint it and it has exact breakdowns of each shipment cost. DD's order page is worthless for that though. I noticed recently that my last order with them the page on their website did not even SHOW the % off even the whole order, it just had the full prices for each item, plus the shipping, then a subtotal which was LESS than adding everything up (different from the original receipt that they email me when I ordered). Crazy!

I agree though, I don't think they reflect when things have shipped on the order pages. I only know that from their "shipping emails".

10. moomoomoomoo

Oddly on the payment, it was NOT a hold; but it has been removed from my bank account; even though I got the shipping notice! I assume it will re-appear Monday................. The only reason I purchase from any Super D/Alliance company is because I am low income. I despise the parent companies & the strong arm tactics they've used to put many retailers out of business. Their cs is not the best either.

Ironically, when Super D was called Phantom, they were one of the better import wholesalers. I used to buy quite a bit from them when my online business was active.

slipkid, imarcq, Reese and 1 other person like this.
  11. Almost Simon

Graham likes this.
  12. Graham

Graham Senior Member

It's supposed to sound terrible, BTW. Not pissing on your parade, but thought I should make a general service announcement.

13. SonicSorcerer

SonicSorcerer Forum Resident

Thanks, I knew there was a reason I was put off getting this when it was issued at the time & you've reminded me.

A good price spot but I would have happily paid full if the concensus wasn't that it's duff.

latheofheaven and Almost Simon like this.
  14. Almost Simon

is this the reissue? I only have the 3 snakes reissue which is a little bass heavy. Think both of my Moneymakers are 90s pressings. Honestly its not a favourite of mine hence why not interested in seeing them live (not the only reason buts that's for another thread.)

15. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Same. If it's a vinyl pressing then it's defo a reissue. I didn't want it anyway as not a fan of it really, given every live version of the songs on it since 92 piss all over the record.

But it got incredibly bad reviews on the reissue thread. I've got Southern Harmony, Amorica and 3 Snakes and none beat the original CDs, although the last two are on a par.

16. Frank Field

Frank Field Forum Resident

Maybe I'm the only one but my vinyl copy of Black Crowes SYMM for £9.99 sounds quite fine, just saying:hide:

17. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

18. Almost Simon

19. Almost Simon

sharedon, imarcq and latheofheaven like this.
  20. myles

myles Argyle, before you ask ....

It's great though.....I think I paid just over this on the pre-order deal a few years back. Temptationnnnnnnnn!

latheofheaven and Almost Simon like this.
  21. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Great Flash Sale On hmv uk at the moment ..loads of vinyl deals

latheofheaven and imarcq like this.
  22. Granadaland

Granadaland Forum Resident

23. imarcq

Thanks! I picked up a few too :)

latheofheaven and Gavaxeman like this.
  24. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Glad to repay the many savings you’ve made me

latheofheaven and imarcq like this.
  25. Omron

Omron Forum Resident