Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Amazon call centre management (or whoever controls the messaging) have got smarter in recent times. There used to be a time when without any sort of complaint you would get offered free postage because of whatever your "issue" is but now its more of a challenge.

imarcq likes this.
  2. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

No customs/duty/import tax in the USA under $400 unless the recipient is a business.

3. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

superstar19 and Almost Simon like this.
  4. Almost Simon

imarcq likes this.
  5. imarcq

6. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

I’ve cancelled all produce and poultry from the amazon.
    Got some eggs from Iceland.:righton:

imarcq likes this.
  7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Amazon keeps track of your complaints, and of the "one time" concessions they give you. After you do this enough, you won't get any more.

8. Chris Treece

Chris Treece Forum Resident

Arrived this morning.

imarcq likes this.
  9. imarcq

10. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

New 1975 cd is £4.99 now limited time deal

imarcq likes this.
  11. moomoomoomoo

It may have changed, but Amazon.USA tends to offer me credit when there's a problem without me asking. Amazon.UK not so good.

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

If the problem is something like non-fulfillment of an Amazon order, Amazon will sometimes automatically give you a small credit (typically $5) without asking.

I haven't seen them do that automatically for things like late delivery.

13. moomoomoomoo

I've had numerous varying issues.................. One time Amazon gave me a $30 credit on a cheap item when there was some problem (I no longer remember what it was) with UPS.

14. Almost Simon

Quite likely used up my quota. But to be fair i only complain when its justified, more than a few occasions.

15. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I'm having an Amazon nightmare at the moment and after finally making contact didn't get offered anything, even though they are costing me money, they took £78 upfront for a box set pre order which they have now decided they can't get, after finally managing to contact them via online chat I'm still waiting on the refund, for nearly 10 days, looks like it's going to be a charge back on them, their customer service isn't great at the moment.

imarcq likes this.
  16. I hope you get that sorted out. I had a similar problem - albeit with a much less amount of money. Amazon informed me money owed would be paid back into my bank account (give it 5-7 days etc). It wasn't until I placed another order the next day did I see they had credited my Amazon account with the difference and not put the refund in my bank account.

17. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

That's strange, for items sold direct from Amazon money is usually only taken when the item is dispatched.

Are you sure your purchase wasn't from a third party seller? Sometimes Amazon puts third party sellers as the main buying option on the product page; even if the product is also available direct from Amazon.

frogfog likes this.
  18. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

No, it was Amazon, they claimed it was a system error, typically it happened when it was impossible to contact them, why the money hasn't reappeared yet is the question.

jl151080 likes this.
  19. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

I hope you get it sorted soon. :edthumbs:

Dubmart likes this.
  20. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I just checked, no credit unfortunately.

21. Credit sometimes does not show until you go to place an order - maybe try a dummy run without clicking the 'buy now' button - just to be sure they have placed what they owe you in there.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  22. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

Lots of big companies are playing deaf regarding faulty send it back for a refund.
    They are all there to take orders and deliver But try getting in touch if faulty and need to get collected to go back ?
    I’ve given up buying vinyl until things get back to normal and then it will be only something Very special that’s on my list.

Dubmart likes this.
  23. NeilaElap

NeilaElap Forum Resident

Cheers for this! I found three really easy and hopefully I can get another order in next weekend. :righton:

imarcq likes this.
  24. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Christ. Our USPS "small packet" prices went through the roof already a couple years ago - like 100-200% increases - such that I cut down sending stuff overseas like I used to. So now I have to pay those ripoff prices when I buy something from outside USA too? Thanks Trump....

25. moomoomoomoo

Yep.