Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

2. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

African Party [VINYL]
    Ginger Johnson
    £11
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00X8T5NGG/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_04FGRPPSNKMPCK5ZBC64?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Widely regarded as a mentor to Fela Kuti among others in the 60s, Nigerian born, UK raised Ginger Johnson was an influential figure not only with musician’s (including Cymande and Osibisa) but also on the club scene of the Sixties. He was also instrumental in the beginnings of the Notting Hill carnival and as a drummer and percussionist was called upon by the likes of Quincy Jones, Georgie Fame and The Rolling Stones. ‘African Party’ is pretty much just that: an energetic blend of Hi-life and jazz giving tracks like ‘I Jool Omo’, ‘Adura’ and ‘Alege’ a carnival feel. ‘Talking Drum’ brings in some latin influences while ‘Ire’ is a pulsating afro-jazz workout. Good expose of this important yet overlooked figure.

myles likes this.
  3. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

Love Peace & Happiness [VINYL] Orlando Julius / Ashiko
    £9
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XXFYGR5/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_PAH4PED20GWBNSZNB0AB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    Hot Casa present an official reissue of Orlando Julius & Ashiko's Love, Peace & Happiness, originally released in 1978. A hard to find, pure Afro funk spiritual grail by the Afro soul maestro.

Born in 1943 in Ikole-Ekiti in Ondo State, Nigeria, Orlando Julius Ekemode (Orlando was really a nickname, taken from the Nigerian actor, Orlando Martins) started in music at an early age, becoming the school drummer and learning flute, bugle, and other instruments at St Peters Anglican School in Ikole-Ekiti. A Nigerian musician, singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, he is credited as one of the first musicians to fuse US R&B into traditional highlife music, creating his own influential Afrobeat sound during the mid-60s.

From his time playing in the USA during the 1970s onwards, he is credited with bringing African music to a broader audience and famously co-composed the song "Going Back To My Roots" with Lamont Dozier. In 1978, Orlando Julius Ekemode decided to produce this amazing session, originally recorded between Maryland and West Virginia, and released in limited quantity in Nigeria by the obscure label Jungle Records. Six stunning monster Afro funk tracks, recorded by eight musicians based in Oakland. Fully licensed with the artist and remastered by Carvery. Essential!

myles likes this.
  4. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

5. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

6. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

7. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

8. Expresbro

Expresbro Well-Known Member

Ordered this and received it yesterday. Unfortunately it was damaged when it arrived. Spine of the record and the inner sleeve have an inch long split.

I set up a return and thought sure I’ll order another copy. Obviously though this was a very good deal. Is now priced at £46!!

Think I’ll just live with the damage. Thankfully the record itself seems fine.
    Anyone else get this one?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  9. dastinger

dastinger Forum Resident

I didn't and should have. I wasn't home at the time it was posted and never heard of that. When I did remember to listen, it was too late.

Expresbro likes this.
  10. Expresbro

I’d never heard of it either. Gave it a quick listen on Spotify and liked it. Raging about the sleeve damage but I’ll live with it now

11. garrincha

garrincha Forum Resident

honestly, with these sweet deals, sleeve damage is no real biggy, imo. if the record plays fine, it's all good

Expresbro likes this.
  12. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

The prime deals have been very underwhelming so far

13. dastinger

dastinger Forum Resident

I know what you mean, but we're still buying a new product that should be as perfect as possible.

Expresbro likes this.
  14. garrincha

garrincha Forum Resident

yeah, I get that - but some of these are 'blink and you miss it deals' - so by the time you've receieved the record, the sweet deal is gone. sure, you can get your money back - but again - as long as the record is flat and plays well, anything else is a bonus. ymmv, of course

dastinger likes this.
  15. garrincha

garrincha Forum Resident

we're on the wrong side of the pond. I'm seeing Tone Poets at 19 bucks. sickening!

16. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

17. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

dastinger likes this.
  18. dastinger

dastinger Forum Resident

19. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

:tiphat:

20. Expresbro

You are? Wow!! Is that on the US site??

21. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

dastinger likes this.
  22. dastinger

dastinger Forum Resident

Yes, but I'm not sure if you're still on time. I think they were flash deals.

Another awesome album. To anyone who doesn't know Matthew Halsall and if you're into astral/spiritual jazz, go ahead and grab this one. I have the CD or else I'd be all over it.

23. Expresbro

dastinger likes this.
  24. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

25. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident