Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Mark, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff Thread Starter

2. swvcc

swvcc Active Member

jupiter8 likes this.
  3. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

4. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Thanks to Gort Mark for fixing this threads title. :righton: Now it's back to those bargains...

5. Colin Allstations

Colin Allstations Forum Resident

6. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

That's a great Dave Davies CD! Bargain!

7. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

A tip for people posting links to Amazon products:

On each product page is a "share" option (by the email, facebook, twitter and pinterest icons). If you click on that, a box comes up with a permalink, i.e., a short URL to the product page.

You can copy and past that permalink, instead of using the overly long URL address from your browser for that page.

Example:

The Rolling Stones: GRRR! [Blu-Ray Audio]
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009X1SZFO

PhantomStranger likes this.
  8. imarcq

But I like the overly long gobley-de-gook browser addresses! But seriously.......thanks for the heads up, I never knew. A bit like using the 'Add This' browser plug-in for twitter :)

9. Colin Allstations

Colin Allstations Forum Resident

tl : dr

:) < see, just a joke

10. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

11. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

imarcq and PhantomStranger like this.
  12. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

As you in the U.S., I don't see how you benefit from Prime membership when ordering from amazon.co.uk. You obviously won't get free shipping and won't get the item in two days.

13. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

I've never noticed any Prime membership benefit for the UK site either. Also, credit card points, mp3 credits and Amazon gift card balances can't be used. That being said, they sure offer some puzzlingly great prices at times!

14. jwstl

jwstl Forum Resident

There aren't any benefits. Your U.S. Prime membership is only for orders from the U.S. store. All orders from Amazon Uk and other countries include shipping for U.S. customers. You get to use the same login at the UK site but that's about all that comes from the US account.

15. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

Thanks for heads-up. I ordered this fraking awesome deal as well.

16. $177 shipped...$5.07 shipping. Either way it's a good deal...

17. Amazon UK is making me go broke. Stanley Kubrick: Visionary Filmmaker Collection [Blu-Ray Region Free] is about $35 shipped. Includes Lolita and all the films from 2001 to Eyes Wide Shut and the Life in Pictures documentary. The same collection at Amazon US is over $116 (but includes Strangelove and Spartacus). I personally don't consider Spartacus part of the oeuvre and picked up the region-free Strangelove for $11 more. Be sure to choose Amazon UK as the seller and pay in British pounds to save some money as their exchange rate is bad.

Collection: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004MW57KA
    Strangelove: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0036VCJ36

18. John76

John76 Forum Resident

19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Garbage reissue on the pseudo bootleg Not Now label. Pass.

20. imarcq

21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Even worse than cd.This is a crappy gray market product.The label has no access to masters, so it will be either a needle drop or from cd sources.

22. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I had found one reference online to it being a decent sounding pressing, a few posts down here, but no reference to what review(s) they are talking about, no details, etc. I ordered it last night but based on kwadguys comments, just cancelled. I trust the SH gang more!

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1912423

It is, however, interesting that soundstagedirect also sells this reissue; didn't know they trafficked in gray market stuff:
    http://www.soundstagedirect.com/john-coltrane-blue-train-mono-stereo-vinyl-records.shtml

23. imarcq

Well it's $32.95 on Soundstage + shipping. I'll keep my order open as it's so cheap. If it sounds really awful I'll report back. Someone else on the forum had reported that the mono disc sounded good. Only one way to find out eh? I can risk a fiver rather than thirty knickers..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.