Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Mark, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

What's in your wallet?

2. MartyTem

MartyTem Forum Resident

My Capital One Venture credit card does not charge any foreign transaction fees. Works perfectly with my European and Japan sourced music purchases!

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

When I load page 36 with post #876 at the top, I initially see an amazon.co.uk link. However, it quickly changes to an overstock.com link. I am using Google Chrome with the AdBlock extension.

Does it have something to do with the image of the box set?

4. greenman

greenman Forum Resident

The original post for the Miles mono set also sent me to overstock when I clicked it.
    So there must be something else going on here.

5. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

I have no idea. It's very strange. When I originally posted the deal, there was no issue with the link or the image (which I took from amazon's website)...but something has happened over the last day or two which redirects the amazon.co.uk link to overstock.com.

6. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Load xe.com in your favourites

7. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

I read SH.tv via a heavily customized Firefox installation. Clicking on the link in post #876 opens a new tab to the Amazon UK page, with the URL as shown in post #876. If I right-click and copy link location and then paste into a relatively default installation of IE, I also get the Amazon UK page.

No Overstock linking here, so maybe you need to check your browsers for redirects.

PH416156 likes this.
  8. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I had this happen here at the forum once before. I was linking a thread to a TV deal on Amazon and it came up as a Home Shopping Club link.

9. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

It's already been mentioned here that better not to use Amazon's converter at all, as better price is always in that particular Amazon's own currency.

10. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I don't know what's going on with the links, either, and I don't know HTML so revealing the underlying code was of no help to me. When I look at the posts about the Miles Davis box, though, all of them correctly point to amazon.co.uk with the exception of one where the link has been changed to an overstock.com link. When I look at the posts for the Motorhead box, all of them point to overstock.com.

11. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I noticed earlier that some links on the forum (especially Ebay, Amazon etc) don't necessarily work quite correct, so in case it takes to wrong place once you click it.
    Especially those older links which might not be valid anymore, got somehow changed once the forum was renewed to new design/program.
    It's really minor thing and problem for me atleast.

For example, if any Amazon-link don't work, then take new tab-page and go to the Amazon-website. Copy the item name or ASIN-code to locate the correct item.
    Almost all of the Amazon-links have worked nicely (got the correct seller Amazon itself, not any marketplace-seller unless it was already recommened from such),
    so dunno why some have problems with those links and some not. Strange indeed.

12. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

I just looked at the source code for the page containing the original Motorhead announcement (post #876) and searched for 'overstock' and nothing can be found. I can clearly see the correct Amazon link in the HTML code.

13. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Interesting. It now displays amazon.co.uk for me, too, and I know that yesterday on the same computer using the same browser it pointed to overstock.com.

14. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Weird.

Maybe it is time to move this to a new thread in Forum Business so that someone like Rudy can look to see what is happening with the Forum software? I don't think we can solve it here, and we run the risk of complaints for not posting deals in a deals thread (it has happened before!). Since I cannot emulate the problem, maybe someone who can should start the thread and post their findings.

ptijerm and Mr. H like this.
  15. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Or you could just send Rudy a link to this thread.

ptijerm likes this.
  16. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Just wanted to say that every link here and on the Amazon.com / Amazon.ca deals never took me to overstock.com and everything always worked ok.
    I'm on Linux Mint, Ubuntu or Windows 7 Professional. Usually surfing the web with Firefox or Pale Moon but not a problem with the links using Google Chrome, Chromium or Interner Explorer too.

17. KeithH

I'm currently seeing the overstock.com link on my iPhone (Safari). Previously, I saw it on my laptop (Google Chrome).:shrug:

18. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

I was just looking in the Amazon.ca deals thread, and noticed that a number of the deals links there have changed to target.com links. :confused:

What the hell is going on?

19. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I don't see any issues here using Chrome or Safari. This is strange that some people are experiencing these problems.

20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

OK, the issue some of you are seeing with Amazon links going to Overstock / Target etc. is some sort of malware/virus/something with THIS FORUM.

I just went back to the original posting for that Motorhead set, and I watched the Amazon link IN THAT POST turn from Amazon to Overstock. In the post itself.

There is something wrong with this forum...

Try THIS LINK to go to the original posting and see if the link changes before your eyes:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...gularly-part-two.306180/page-36#post-11126638

I tried this on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. The link changed to Overstock on Chrome and IE. It did NOT change on Firefox.

I just took a screen capture of the original Motorhead posting for this deal. When I first landed there, it said Amazon, and then the link changed to Overstock:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I just tried it again, and this time the link in that posting changed from Amazon to Target. Another screen capture:

[​IMG]

22. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I just witnessed that change happen on my iPhone 4S, so using Safari.

23. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

For me, it DID change on Firefox.

24. Alan2

Alan2 Forum Resident

This seems agood place for a question: When ecm release an album how long is it before it either gets worldwide release, or is available from overseas marketplace sellers on amazon uk @ a reasonable price? I don't want to preorder a copy as 'import' and maybe pay over the odds. Thanks.

25. KeithH

Now I am seeing the amazon.co.uk Motorhead link change to a target.com link (laptop, Google Chrome). Just last night, it was changing to overstock.com.

Weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.