Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

Great material by an amazing band and well pressed vinyl.
    Also, as a nice bonus, you get a download voucher with the album with your choice of MP3 or a 24/96 hi-res file that sounds excellent.

mrjinks likes this.
  2. jeffsab

jeffsab Forum Resident

johnny q and 8tracks like this.
  3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

4. dr jazz

dr jazz Forum Resident

I think the lowest price would have been about $5 when it was released

John Storey, cdash99 and MartyTem like this.
  5. Dan

Dan Senior Member

The ZZ Top box set was/is back down to $64. I had to at that price.

6. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

Me too. Less than $70 with tax; great deal.

7. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Pink Floyd Animals back down to $14.95

black sheriff likes this.
  8. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

9. frogfog

frogfog Zappaddict

Nice avatar Greg :righton:;):wave:

Gene Parmesan, Santo10 and BrewCrew82 like this.
  10. cyclistsb

cyclistsb Forum Resident

I love tres hombres, do any of these records top it? Both in recording and music? I'd be surprised if that is the case but willing to be convinced.

11. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Do you have access to streaming? Spotify? Something like that? If not, I am sure most of the catalogue can be found on youtube. Not to be a smart ass but I cant really tell you whether or not youll think any of their other albums are as great as Tres Hombres. You need to listen to them and decide what you like. Live with the albums a week or so.

Having said that...

I can say that its pretty common knowledge that Tres Hombres is ZZ Tops high point. But honestly I think they are just a fun fun band to listen to even if the material on all the other albums may not be as nifty as Tres Hombres. Fandango imo is the weakest. Simply because I dont like the studio one side/live the other side concept. But that one side is something else I admit. Still, they should have just gathered more songs and put a studio album out that was totally killer. And then put out that entire live show and called it "Live Fandango!!" Its ridiculous that no full ZZ Top show from the 70 or 80s period has been released officially. The first two albums are just great fun too. They are simple but so funky. Love em. They have a groove to them. I think the sound quality is great on the first two albums. They are a simple band. Well recorded.

Now, if you are a fan of Tres Hombres and dont have the KG/SH mastered lp then get it!

If you dig ZZ TOP "Tres Hombres" you'll love our new Warner/Rhino 180 gram vinyl LP!!

12. cyclistsb

cyclistsb Forum Resident

I've got the SH tres hombres, just can't imagine I'd want a full five records of lesser material. If it's a high point, then I think I'm good. Thanks

mpayan likes this.
  13. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Sounds good :thumbsup: More money to spend on other albums :D

Of course there is this...great album...

Before they stepped off into heavier slick production ...

14. cyclistsb

cyclistsb Forum Resident

I'd go eliminator next just for the nastalgia

15. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yep, that was my jr high record!

Deguello had this really cool promo skull slip cover on it when it came out. I have one. Whats cool is Rhino reissued the album in 2011 with the same cool slip cover. And its mastered by Chris Bellman. Regarded highly as a mastering engineer here.

16. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

The really like the first 3, never viewed the first 2 as any weaker material personally. Pretty much my go to albums from them.

17. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

18. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yeah really I dont either. I think they are all good. But many see Tres as the biggy.

Opeth likes this.
  19. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

Gene Parmesan likes this.
  20. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

$450 now......you did good Batman

21. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

Just a warning: bought the Varese Sarabande (sic?) pressing of ‘Odyssey and Oracle’ by the Zombies on Amazon this week, and the pressing is so bad that the second side isn’t even listenable.

You pay 12 bucks and you don’t expect MOFI, but this is so bad you won’t want it in your house while trying to find a nicer pressing to buy. Caveat Emptor, Greg.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  22. Myke

Are they asking for it to be returned, along with a refund, or just a refund ?

23. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

If that is the 50th anniversary issue the CD is fine. No issues on either side. ;)

24. Myke

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  25. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Exchange it. I bought one from B&N and the first copy had visible damage straight out of the shrink, but the replacement is just fine.

Myke likes this.