Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I have to agree. I’m glad I didn’t pay retail. I feel like at $60 I may have overpaid. I already had rips of the CDs.
    The surround mix was underwhelming. The book is nice though. It will go on the shelf with the MMT deluxe set I never look at.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  2. Boss Fan

Boss Fan Active Member

The lead singer also runs a company that makes some cool effects pedals: PEDALS

latheofheaven likes this.
  3. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Nice! I didn't know that (and I play lead guitar! o_O) Makes sense that their sound, which easily could come across as 'muddled' as some Shoegaze stuff does, actually sounds pretty well engineered. That's one thing, besides the good song writing that I really liked...

4. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Oh, it’s one of the Skywave guys! I was in Fredericksburg during their active years but never appreciated shoegaze until it was too late to enjoy them. I had some good friends who loved Skywave.

5. latheofheaven

Speaking of Skywave, here on Amazon is a RSD coloured vinyl collection for about $20. I'm sort of teetering / tottering on whether to buy it... The sound from what samples I could find on YouTube sound pretty low-fi, but I REALLY like the songs...

Grrrrrrr.... What do I do! :shh:

Gabe Walters likes this.
  6. latheofheaven

Yeah... I snagged it... [​IMG] I couldn't resist the red /black smoke vinyl *sigh... But, Discogs still has several around the same price ($22-25 shipped)

What I really like about these guys, both in their early Skywave & APTOBS incarnations is unlike say The Jesus and Mary Chain (who are awesome and genuine Godfathers of ShoeGaze) who have a nice dreamy Psychedelic haze, these guys have a bit more of a distinct and less bland sound with more of a Goth / New wave edge which is a bit more stimulating and a tad less 'Dreamy' depending on your mood...

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  7. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

8. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Snagged it, eh?

9. latheofheaven

Uh huh... And who's corrupt evil influence that I get that from I wonder...? o_O

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  10. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

Leon Bridges debut LP was 10$ yesterday. Songs of Love and Death todavia 6.99$.

guidedbyvoices likes this.
  11. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

What is this?

12. ramokoff

ramokoff Forum Resident

Leonard Cohen: Songs Of Love And Hate ?

black sheriff and latheofheaven like this.
  13. latheofheaven

Heh... He must've been thinking of Wood Allen... :D

black sheriff and aoxomoxoa like this.
  14. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

Hahahaaa, never noticed death and hate were only one letter different. Yep, that’s what I was thinking about Woody Allen’s Love and Death.

15. latheofheaven

Nice catch on the anagram (-1) :) Great clip AND movie too! :righton:

16. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Arrived, haven't listened yet but it looks to be nicely pressed, likely by RTI as evidenced by the heavy plastic inner sleeve.

17. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

BrewCrew82 and latheofheaven like this.
  18. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

Elvis 57 Vol. 2 (AP 45 rpm double lp) is 39.99 plus 2 buck shipping. There’s 3 left. Normally is 55 bucks.

BrewCrew82 likes this.
  19. latheofheaven

I just listened to SSD today. WOW! Especially disc 2 sounded bloody amazing! When 'All Across The Watchtower' stated I about fell outta my chair! :) I NEVER expected what I thought was 'some obscure' recording of Jimi to sound this stunning! At first impression, I almost think it sounds better than most of the stuff on the studio albums (probably not, but extremely impressive!)

***EDIT Oh, and I had a chance to listen to the Worship album from A Place To Bury Strangers and it also sounded very good too. Nice more defined and stylish variance from The Jesus and Mary Chain sound. A good addition to the Genre :righton:

imarcq, black sheriff and johnny q like this.
  20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

wow! i'd be interested to hear what's in the deadwax, etc. i purchased this release before and it was a fine enough sounding LP that looked to be pressed at United and housed in a cheap paper inner sleeve.

mikeyt and latheofheaven like this.
  21. bt1098

bt1098 Forum Resident

22. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

Got the discounted Gallagher set the other day. Haven't played it yet, but it's packaged very well.

black sheriff and latheofheaven like this.
  23. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

It's great. You can actually hear him smashing the watermelon.

24. latheofheaven

[​IMG]

black sheriff likes this.
  25. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

hand etched..
    side 1: OJC-088 A1 RE 6 18697.1(2)
    side 2: OJC-088 B1 RE 6 18697.2(2)

GentleSenator and latheofheaven like this.