Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

aoxomoxoa and ggergm like this.
  2. Tesla- psychotic supper $12.36

Psychotic Supper [2 LP] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G76RNSW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7jSABb72B9D34

Motley Crue -theatere of pain $10.94
    Theatre of Pain https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GJ30RY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_kpSABb23E7BD4

King gizzard...- paper mache dream balloon $12.63

Paper Mâché Dream Balloon[LP] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015FWT75Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_FqSABb0535404

Stp- s/t 2018 10.37

Stone Temple Pilots (2018)(Vinyl) $10.37 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079BJPVN8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-rSABb8F92A54

Ac/dc - let there be rock $12.01. Let There Be Rock [Vinyl] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000CF358/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_eESABb32E2D64

Kiss- lick it up $12.81
    Lick It Up [LP] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HGFIJSW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_PPSABb9A139F4

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  3. Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  4. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Anybody know if this is actually any good? I already have the Classic LP.

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Bernie did the Classics as well. I have the 4 one-sided version myself.

6. RJ3000

RJ3000 Forum Resident

latheofheaven and black sheriff like this.
  7. I agree- I have this one also

latheofheaven and RJ3000 like this.
  8. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Ivand, MerseyBeatle and dasacco like this.
  9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

10. Sci-Fi Kid

Sci-Fi Kid Forum Resident

Mine too!

latheofheaven likes this.
  11. Sci-Fi Kid

Sci-Fi Kid Forum Resident

There is a great thread from '09 when this came out.

Crosby, Stills & Nash LP reissue on Rhino just released

Many said it was very good. Raunchroll & others said the George Piros was the way to go.
    I have always found Raunchroll's opinions to be sound, yet couldn't pass up the low price on this (when posted here a few days ago) and will be able to compare the '09 Grundman with my Piros soon.

latheofheaven and GentleSenator like this.
  12. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Yes! All sound great except for the Ace solo record.

13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

sounds like it's time for me to grab my 6th copy of this and do my own shootout.

latheofheaven and Sci-Fi Kid like this.
  14. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

15. latheofheaven

FWIW, overall I like the KISS reissues better than some of the other groups (RUSH, Queen) I did not go back and get their earlier stuff, but on that thread most were quite happy with them. I got some of the later ones that I didn't have such as Lick it Up (which I believe was mentioned above) Animalize, and the previously unreleased on vinyl Psycho Circus. I liked all of these and I felt that the sound quality was good. Not 'Blow Your Pants Off' good like some others, but definitely above average.

16. latheofheaven

I think we need to stage an intervention for poor GentleSenator...:shake:

GentleSenator, aoxomoxoa and Myke like this.
  17. Anyone else think it's time we split this Amazon thread into separate Vinyl and CD deals? It has largely become a Vinyl deals thread in the past six months and makes for tedious following for digital collectors.

Marvin, ClassicalCD, Mr. H and 7 others like this.
  18. latheofheaven

Hmmm, I had not thought of that for this thread... Normally for SPECIFIC releases, I am definitely ALL for that. But, IDK... People do post CD (and sometimes Blu-ray) releases here on occasion and I personally don't think it really matters. Whomever the release interests will take notice and follow up on it, whatever the format.

Just my lowly and wretched opinion...

imarcq, aoxomoxoa and superstar19 like this.
  19. Where would people post non-music deals? There’s been some great ones on books, Blu-rays, etc. in this thread.

20. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

No, as it's for ALL Amazon US Deals. Since I buy vinyl, CDs, DVDs, Blu rays, SACDs, books, and sometimes food, I post all of those categories.
    I haven't seen anyone not specify what the item is, clearly and simply.
    I can only respectfully say that you just need to " scroll on by " those items that don't interest you. :tiphat:

21. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm in support of that. As far as I know, there are no rules about these deal threads here, so if you want to start a separate one for digital music only (or digital music + home video) I will certainly follow it. One way to tell if there is interest in a topic is to start a thread. Maybe people would ignore it and continue to focus on this one, even if digital media makes up far fewer than 10% of posts here now. But maybe it would serve a purpose for some people who are likely to not even see a deal that interests them that's posted in this thread.

latheofheaven likes this.
  22. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Speaking only for myself, vinyl tends to be more expensive than most CDs. CDs are usually pretty cheap nowadays unless their special versions or a limited run and even then, they can often be found used for very little.

Meanwhile, vinyl LPs can be sold at figures into the 3 digits so specials on those items tend to be greeted with more enthusiasm.

Cassius, googlymoogly and rtalwani like this.
  23. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

I have the Classic 4 sided version, a Gold Star pressing (which was my go-to for years), plus a few others, including the Rhino. The Rhino is now my play copy. It does sound quite good. This album will always be a challenge to master because it seems that the master tape is so bassy. The Rhino preserves this, which it should, while also making the highs present enough. It also gets the other major mastering question for the Couch Record right. "Wooden Ships" sounds different than all the other songs on the LP and the mastering engineer has to find a setting that works for both. The Rhino does. Highly recommended, especially for how inexpensive and easily available it is.

24. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident