Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. mike65!

mike65! Forum Resident

Yes! I've been waiting to get this on vinyl.:pineapple:

MYKE likes this.
  2. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Excellent! just got one! thanks much for the notice. Great record i had on cd and have not played it in a long time.....will be great to hear on vinyl.

3. espartaco

espartaco Forum Resident

4. latheofheaven

latheofheaven Trying 2 out-clever aoxomoxoa.It's pretty easy! :D

I have the Primus album. It is quite excellent and the sound quality is very good! :righton:

Guitarded likes this.
  5. latheofheaven

Just received and listened to the Elwan album today. The mastering is excellent! Unfortunately, the 1st LP was warped and made my stylus jump. I kinda thought that first note repeated a bit much! :) If I increase my tracking force from about 1.3 to 1.5 it does track it okay and I don't THINK it affects that sound that much. Still, I tried to get an exchange from Amazon today, and being OOS, the replacement won't be shipped until February 18. Now, I don't mind waiting, but there have been too dang many times where they make you wait for months and then suddenly inform you that they cannot get it and, 'Oh, would you like your $12 back?' The deal is, that anyone else selling it now is about twice as much. I called them and tried to explain, but the chick was very unusually unhelpful. She kept asking me if I wanted my $12 back. I kept telling her that that was the point, I'd hafta then pay twice the price because of THEIR sending a damaged product.

Soooooo, and I apologize because I know that other than reporting back on a deal posted here and how it sounds, the rest of this sad story is really irrelevant. But, the quandary is, do I just keep the warped, awesome sounding album and increase the tracking force, or do I send it back only to find a month and a half later that there is no replacement...??? I probably should just keep the dang thing I guess...

First world troubles, I know... [​IMG]

imarcq, superstar19 and aoxomoxoa like this.
  6. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

If you listen to vinyl a lot, it might be worth investing in a periphery ring for your table. I consider mine one of the best audiophile purchases I have made. I literally don't worry about warps now.

Jrr, aoxomoxoa and latheofheaven like this.
  7. latheofheaven

Hmmm... appreciate that mate, thanks! I've not seen one, but I assume it is some kind of 'ring' that fits around the outside of the record, right? I will look that up. I've seen references here to a 'record flat', but I've always thought that was something in the middle that covered the label.

***EDIT

Wow, just saw one in action, pretty sharp! I can see how this would help with your usual gradual warp, but I THINK although I can't say positively that this kind of warp almost seems like a quick bump more so than a gradual warp. My linear contact AT will usually play most gradual warps where you can obviously see the tonearm going up and down, but this is a case where you don't even see it, it just 'bumps' right at that one place... I wonder...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    aoxomoxoa and imarcq like this.
  8. riverrat

riverrat Forum Resident

I just returned my copy due to a large scratch on side three that started about 1/3 of the way in from outer perimeter, and continued through the deadwax onto the label. I'm a little wary of returning too many lps to Amazon, but the scratch made a click every revolution, so back it went.

Regarding warps- I finally invested in a Vinyl Flat & Groovy Pouch a couple years ago. It has been disappointing in its ability to correct warps on older lps, but for newer ones on heavy vinyl, it just about always works like a charm. If my copy of Elwan had been warped instead of scratched, I would have just kept it and fixed it.

latheofheaven likes this.
  9. latheofheaven

Hmmm, good to know, thanks mate! :) Sorry to hear about the scratch though. That is just plain unacceptable. I sure hope that YOU do get a replacement. I would assume that you got the same note as I did that we have to wait like 1 1/2 months for it.

Interesting that you say with the heavier vinyl these work better. Weird... I would have thought that the lighter, older vinyl would be FAR easier to flatten. I'm considering getting one, but I am very unsure if it can flatten this kind of 'bump' warp as easily as a more gradual 'wave' one...

10. Marvin

Marvin Forum Resident

11. masterbucket

masterbucket Forum Resident

Strat-Mangler and Jimijam like this.
  12. latheofheaven

[​IMG]

13. notesofachord

notesofachord Where are the prawns?

Re: Dungen

You lucky little ^%$#@!! :rant:

:righton:

ad180 and latheofheaven like this.
  14. Andy Mitri

Andy Mitri Forum Resident

I have a couple and love them. They also sound much better than the first generation. I have purchased many "used" Amazon Warehouse Deals with most looking and performing like new.
    Amazon Warehouse Deal: Echo Show (2nd Gen) – Premium sound and a vibrant 10.1” HD screen - Charcoal
    Used - Good: $173.57 + tax. Usually $229.99.
    Minor cosmetic imperfection on the item.

[​IMG]

Every purchase on Amazon.com is protected by an A-to-z guarantee.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019 at 3:27 PM
    FlexFantastic likes this.
  15. Krzych

Krzych The one who listens

16. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa Oh...Baby don't you let me down tomorrow

17. Mike6565

Mike6565 Senior Member

Juggsnelson likes this.
  18. starbuck

starbuck Forum Resident

Sorry about that. Delivered today to my surprise, I had half expected a 'no longer able to supply' message from Amazon when I saw it was the last copy. Look forward to giving it a listen over the weekend.

Thanks again to the OP of the link!

notesofachord and latheofheaven like this.
  19. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Just a heads up that it is currently $18.78 at Import Cd's EBay store. It has gone lower than that there too. It also is part of their rotating promotions, currently buy 1 get 2@ 15 percent off. It is a nice reissue with a bonus 45 too!

black sheriff and Mike6565 like this.
  20. latheofheaven

DOHHHHHHH! :D

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  21. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

22. latheofheaven

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  23. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Well-Known Member

just curious if this is different (and better) than the disc that was in the "immersion" box set? thanks

latheofheaven likes this.
  24. MYKE

MYKE Analog Upstairs, Digital Downstairs

No, it's the same 5.1 mix, without the extras of the Blu ray, like the quad mix.

25. latheofheaven

Yeah, I guess Myke answered it above. I wasn't sure, but it really does sound amazing! With a decent system, Welcome to the Machine will blow your frigg'n PANTS off! :yikes: