Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Andrew_db

Andrew_db Forum Resident

Got my Kinks box this morning. Shipped really fast as I ordered it Thursday afternoon and I don't have Prime. The box is in perfect condition and the records are as flat as can be and dead silent!

2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

$81.68

i'm with @hutlock ... $75 and i'm grabbing another.

3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Thesmellofvinyl, rtalwani and SJP like this.
  4. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

5. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
    $13.54
    Looks to be the 2011 stereo pressing, mastered (I think) by Kevin Gray. Out of stock currently but you can lock in the price. Presumably they will get more, unless this went OOP.

I have the Legacy RSD mono, the 50th Anniversary stereo on blue vinyl, and a decent if not great original pressing.

Do I need this one?

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Confirmed by UPC : Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue

Jimijam likes this.
  7. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

I have this one and that is a very good price! When I was doing research on the different pressings for this album, this one was the best sounding for the value. I asked Cassius for his opinion. Actually, the 1st US 6-Eye is supposed to be very good, but IF you can find a clean copy, it's about $100. If that is what you have, I would do my darndest to clean it thoroughly. Of course, if you really like the MONO, which I have NO bloody idea how that sounds, and that is from Legacy too, I would think you are set. The 50th didn't get very good reviews. The MFSL 2-LP was reviewed here as 'Okay' So, this is the one I settled on for the price and it sounds very good. If you don't like the MONO, then get this one I'd say...

***EDIT

I meant to mention that yes, this is indeed the Kevin Gray pressing.

Craig, aoxomoxoa and black sheriff like this.
  8. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I think the mono KOB sounds great. It is my "go to" version. If this stereo version is close, I may grab it too.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  9. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

10. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

The KOB I bought a while back on the cheap was stereo and on blue vinyl. It sounds very good. Can't tell for sure but I think it's Kevin Gray as well. Are these on black vinyl?

latheofheaven likes this.
  11. latheofheaven

Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound cut the MONO version mentioned above. Kevin Gray did just about all the Legacy represses from 2010 onward. MOV did the 2014 Blue transparent vinyl which apparently most felt was quite good (they usually are...) And they also put out a black one. MFSL put out their 2-LP one in 2015 which many here said was 'meh'... but some really liked it. Then in 2015 Kevin Gray did another Legacy one with Blue marbled vinyl which could be the one you have, but it is rather expensive now. Then, another solid Blue vinyl with the 6-Eye label was released in 2016, but there is no indication that that one was done by KG, but you would need to check the runout. Then, another Blue one was done by KG for Legacy again in 2016. And now ***EDIT (2018) there is a Legacy Blue version, but again, on Discogs there is no indication in the runout that KG did it. All the KG ones were pressed in France at MPO.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  12. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

hutlock likes this.
  13. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

So all of these KG are separate masterings? Is it possible they are just repressing the 2011 mastering?
    Crazy how many versions there have been. I actually had a copy of the highly esteemed Classic, but it was noisy as heck so I sold it.
    If the MOFI was a 33 I would definitely check it out. Alas...

latheofheaven and aoxomoxoa like this.
  14. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I am done with Kind Of Blue. I have a mono and stereo and I am quite happy with both, I probably wouldn't buy another copy even if it was cut by God himself on a lathe up in Heaven.... (see what I did there?)

15. latheofheaven

No, no, no... I would pretty much assume that they are all the same mastering and are just represses. The only ones that I am not sure about are the ones where nothing is specified about KG or that it was pressed at MPO.

16. latheofheaven

[​IMG]

17. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

You obviously meant to write $79.81. :D

latheofheaven likes this.
  18. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

19. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

I sit corrected! :)

Now down to $77.92.

20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

$76 and change. am i going to have to follow through on my promise? it's almost half the price of any local shop's best offer.

aoxomoxoa, latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  21. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

You made the price go up.

aoxomoxoa and latheofheaven like this.
  22. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

so i'm off the hook for now!

:pineapple:

23. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Me too!!!!

24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

seriously though, even at $77 how is this not running low on stock? that's a pretty darn good deal considering what's in this set.

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  25. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

Kind of weird, watching it and never seen it got to 76 and change. In my basket it tells me the last lowest, so its still going down for me and now at 77.48