Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. BrewCrew82

BrewCrew82 The Most Notable Member

Got it.

I’ve probably purchased 30 albums off Amazon and this pearl jam one was the first one I had to send back. Didn’t want to keep any of them for free, but was just thinking what the heck are they going to do with them? Figured if they could charge me for one of the three I could maybe try to get them flat in a vinyl-flat or something.

I’ve seen some people say that they were told to just keep the albums. But I just got a automated messages all three times, saying to send them back.

latheofheaven likes this.
  2. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

Yeah. Who cares if they’re happy?

:biglaugh:

aoxomoxoa and latheofheaven like this.
  3. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

they actually said i cld keep the second backstreet boys...for better or worse, ha. other times when they've said i cld keep the incorrect or defective item, i've been on chat with them.

4. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Ha! Good catch mate. I stand corrected! :righton:

aoxomoxoa and Mooserfan like this.
  5. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

6. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

Juggsnelson likes this.
  7. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

9. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Yes. I ordered The Wall Immersion set from the Amazon Global store. The listing shows shipping is $4.06 but when I put the set in my cart it increases to $14.10. I called Amazon and they contacted the seller requesting the shipping fees be waived. Not sure how that's going to play out but if they don't waive the shipping fees I'll cancel the order.

Hymie the Robot likes this.
  10. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

It would have been cheaper if you just ordered from Amazon.uk directly - all of your Amazon US information gets ported automatically - the key is to have a credit card in your US account that does not charge international transaction fee and then make sure to pay it in the foreign currency (British pounds in this case) this works out cheaper than using the Amazon currency converter and you also will not have to pay the VAT.

11. latheofheaven

Rekkerds likes this.
  12. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

When I checked it, even with the $14 shipping fee from Amazon US, the sets ordered from Amazon UK in GBP come out to only $4 less.

13. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

What I meant was that they are shipping from the same exact location in the UK so even if it may not make sense for one item but if you are buying all three listed above or more then it adds up IMHO

14. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

That Wall Immersion set doesn't get much talk here unless I am missing something. Let us know how you like it!

Bill Mac likes this.
  15. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Correct me if I am wrong but The Wall has no Blu-Ray? That was the reason I avoided ordering it for the two discs of demos I would play once.

16. latheofheaven

Oh, sorry, I was just speaking in general about the set. I guess the other albums, especially I remember WYWH was exceptional on Blu-ray Audio. But, now that you mention it, I don't remember there being a version for The Wall.

imarcq and eelkiller like this.
  17. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I saw that earlier, but for a big change in online personality, I felt no need to correct you. :laugh:

18. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

The Blu-rays on WYWH and Dark Side were great, thanks for the clarification.

19. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

For any videophiles out there, the LG OLEDs are deeply discounted on Amazon now. The 55" C8 was $1390 earlier today, the 65" is around $2000 and the E8 55" is $1623. Price drops of about $400-$500 today. Best Buy will price match.

20. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Let me know when the C8 77” goes down

21. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

Do the 2018s still suffer from the "panel roulette" that earlier LG OLEDs did?

22. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

There is an element of that still from what I've read. But not sure of the frequency. I haven't run any slides but in real world viewing I'm really happy with this TV after 2 days

23. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Will get one when My current one dies. Maybe.

24. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

25. latheofheaven

Chris Bellman did an excellent job on Aoxomoxoa (uh, the album, NOT the member) Highly recommended if you don't have it :righton:

aoxomoxoa likes this.