Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

I've found that when it's not brickwalled, 24 bit digital on my Oppo gives me 90% of the musical quality that vinyl does, without complicated setup & alignment, with degradation of playback over time, & without any vinyl artifacts (Rumble, inner groove distortion, ticks & pops, warping issues, cleaning, etc). And while I sometimes miss the packaging, I really did have to downsize.

The real sad moment was in the 90's when I had to sell a $2000 + Well Tempered. My last table was a Thorens, I didn't miss that nearly as much! (Although it was great for the price, paired with a blue point & an Acurus P-10 phono stage).

If we were still at 16 bit, I probably would not have made this choice; though I had been slowly transitioning to cd's for years, as more & more of my listening didn't allow me to sit in the sweet spot for the entire session.

black sheriff and latheofheaven like this.
  2. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

I've been slowing down on vinyl and buying more High Rez. To some it's sacrilege, but I sold my Beatle's Mono LP box when I got the 24 bit files. :hide:

moomoomoomoo and latheofheaven like this.
  3. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Wow, sounds like a VERY nice setup you had there mate! But yeah, that is totally understandable. I have an OPPO myself, an older Pre-Cinavia one that I just had OPPO recondition. I really like it. Especially, like you say, if you have a situation where you cannot really spend a lot of time to sit down in a focused area to listen, then digital would indeed be your best bet. The OPPO reproduces 5.1 stuff really well too! :)

black sheriff and moomoomoomoo like this.
  4. latheofheaven

[​IMG]

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  5. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I was just messing with you moo. I enjoy records, CDs, streaming, I’ve even pulled out some of my old cassettes recently because my 9 year old was curious.

latheofheaven and moomoomoomoo like this.
  6. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Funny, I sold my Beatles cd Stereo box when I got the 44/24 USB key & kept the Mono cd box (still somewhat disappointing, I have never heard any Beatles sound as good as the 80's Vinyl Japan Blue Box)! The 44/24 just wasn't that well done, & the 96/24 versions of all of the Beatles anniversary issues have been a bit bright & compressed.

latheofheaven and CowboyBill like this.
  7. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    riverrat, imarcq, popscene and 2 others like this.
  8. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Incorrect. All depends on the seller. Plenty of payment methods aside from PayPal ; wire transfer, check, money order, etc.

Sounds like you're unfamiliar with how it works and how to use it. Firstly, I've never heard of a seller not responding with an invoice but assuming that were true, there's an option which appears after a few days (3? I forget) which, when activated, triggers an alert to the seller and Discogs. The seller then has 3 days to respond to your comment/question, otherwise his account gets suspended. They definitely won't ignore you if it comes to that.

GentleSenator likes this.
  9. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

The Buckingham box set sounds great and turning me on to some of his solo stuff I never heard.

Great sound quality.

10. latheofheaven

Man... if I had a nickel for every time I've heard that... [​IMG]

11. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

You're absolutely right, I don't. Over the years, having had people message me apologizing for not actually having the item in stock and people not sending invoices for me to pay. I don't care to find out. I do like Discogs for looking up prices though.

12. csaudvid

csaudvid Forum Resident

I got one, wow, $21.79 shipped. About to hit the sack and decided to take a look at deals...I gotta stop doing that!

black sheriff and Tjazz like this.
  13. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Another relisted. Yep same deal. I bought one, then they eventually relisted. That's a great price for this 4LP Kevin Gray mastering! If gone, just keep checking. Sorry it's not Amazon but hey it's our Kev!!! Double the price on Amazon.

14. frogfog

frogfog Zappaddict

Wasn't refering to Discogs in general. I meant "only payment method accepted" by THIS particular seller. I checked before affirming it.

15. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Amazon Prime Announces Big Military Discount for Veterans Day

Veterans, active-duty troops and Guard and Reserve members can get a one-year Amazon Prime membership for $79 -- that's $40 off the regular price. And if you already have an account, you can renew your Prime membership at the lower rate.

Amazon Sign-In
    https://www.amazon.com/b?node=20125988011#ref=us_mil_pr_blog

black sheriff, aroney, Shawn and 3 others like this.
  16. I'm probably too late for the coupon, but where did you see the $13 off coupon? Just want to make sure I'm not overlooking it.

17. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Got it. Thanks for the heads-up!

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  18. hype

hype Forum Resident

It's gone now but when a coupon is present it's usually right below the price but above where it says add to cart.

Shawn likes this.
  19. Monrophonic

Monrophonic Forum Resident

The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society Deluxe box set is currently at $66.09. I finally bit on this one after looking for a long time.

20. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I just saw one for $20.99, except CollectorsChoiceIntl won't ship to the US. :rant:

:cheers:

21. Jakeandcompany

Jakeandcompany Forum Resident

JasonA likes this.
  22. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

You will not be sorry. The CDs alone are worth that and I don't even buy CDs anymore.

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  23. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

It looks like Collectors Choice and Popmarket are the same. All the Popmarket listings dont ship to UK but the Collectors Choice do. That was the case with the Emmylou box. It was slightly more expensive at Collectors Choice but with "free" shipping. Oh what games they play with us!

24. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

dropped another couple of bux, it was $70 shipped with tax... seems like a pretty awesome deal so will tuck this one away for a Christmas gift for myself....

25. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Kinks Village Green box down to $64+