Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

$6.49 plus tax after the 20% discount.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  2. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

It is terribly loud, sounds like trash. GOOD NEWS is that the vinyl reports double digit DR compared to the low low scores of the CD/digital. So I'm going to wait for that...the wax should sound way better

latheofheaven likes this.
  3. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

4. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

5. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Well that certainly explains why he was Screamin’!:D:D:D

6. EdColeman

EdColeman Forum Resident

Just got Bob's Bootleg series 15 from the warehouse. It arrived in a NON-padded plastic bag. All four corners had been smooshed, the gatefold had been tapped over, and right on the front of the LP jacket was a shipping label ( with my name and address) slapped right in the middle! Going back to Amazon tomorrow.

joelee and latheofheaven like this.
  7. hutlock

Sadly, based on the number of people who have reported this in this very thread and elsewhere, it seems to be fairly common practice for Amazon. Ridiculous.

8. aoxomoxoa

I really did set that one up didn't I? :p

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  9. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Well, FWIW I just received the Beatles Box Set from Amazon Warehouse, and I've been too terrified actually to open the box yet, but at least it did come inside a nice big box and I don't hear it moving around inside too much. So, although I haven't seen the inside yet, it LOOKS like at least they got the packaging right this time (I hope...!)

EdColeman likes this.
  10. latheofheaven

We understand... We know you guys from Ohio need to kind of help each other out when it comes to humour. Kind of like the blind leading the blind. But, we all feel for you... I mean, what if we all lived in Ohio...? Then mankind likely would have never reached the Bronze Age.

11. hutlock

Well in our defense, MOST of Ohio has indoor toilets now!

12. latheofheaven

[​IMG] [​IMG]

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  13. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

It isn’t common and those of us that buy a lot of vinyl from them, we can’t figure out why a few of you keep saying it is (there is a running older thread about this very thing). I buy a dozen or so titles a month from them. Because they deserve my vinyl business. At the very least it comes in a very sturdy made for vinyl cardboard box just like Elusive Disc or any responsible vinyl reseller, but often is placed in another box as well! And no hassle to return them.

Yes, it’s absolutely ridiculous and plain stupid to send it in a thin plastic bag or in no bag at all with a label slapped on a cover. That hasn’t happened to me and I believe those here that say it has. But come on guys, if this is how they often shipped no one would be buying vinyl from them at this point and they would be so flooded with returns they wouldn’t be selling vinyl anymore. A stupid mistake here and there doesn’t mean they do this all the time. The Amazon bashing on this forum is something I will never understand. It sounds to me like this was a Warehouse buy, it likely had some damage already so they just dumped it right back in the mail in a very careless fashion. No excuse for it, but you will return it hassle free and I bet you won’t see another one shipped like that. I hate buying from my local retailer and then I have to drive back and exchange it. Which is too often. Even if I got an occasional damaged album from Amazon, it would still be far more convenient than buying local. Plus, look at the money being saved with these deals you guys are kindly telling us about!

marcb, Dennis Metz, hype and 3 others like this.
  14. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ I buy plenty of vinyl from Amazon though not nearly as much as you and all but one has been packaged impeccably as you describe. One had a label slapped on the outside cover but miraculously came through pretty much unscathed. Another was a warehouse deal where the box was beat to heck but that may be on another punching bag, USPS who has also done a terrific job on an overwhelming number of packages that come my way.

As for a deal, how about a Phideaux CD for $7.51?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000FI8UPO?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Not as proggy as his more recent efforts but a fine album nonetheless. Phideaux CDs are often stupid expensive so here’s one to check out for a terrific price.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

The screamin Jay Hawkins and George Benson are eu out of copyright garbage mastered from cd. Pointless crap sounding vinyl.

16. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Aw, come on! Don't keep us in suspense! :)

aoxomoxoa, Jrr and latheofheaven like this.
  17. MFillmore

MFillmore Forum Resident

Not the Screaming Jay Hawkins. That is legit. You are confusing the Real Gone Labels

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  18. aoxomoxoa

Tell us how you really feel

hutlock, imarcq and latheofheaven like this.
  19. aoxomoxoa

yeah that's what I thought. That it was a legit release. But anyway I don't have the CD so I don't care.
    and regardless of what some people might say, I've been pretty selective about what I've been buying lately.

20. latheofheaven

Soon my friend, soon...

Just let me build up my nerve first...

[​IMG]

aoxomoxoa and Jrr like this.
  21. latheofheaven

I know... the guy is always beating around the bush, so murky and vague. And then we hafta strain so hard to discern what he means...

aoxomoxoa and imarcq like this.
  22. latheofheaven

Uh huh...

[​IMG]

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  23. latheofheaven

Okay, enough silliness...

DEALS:

NIRVANA: MTV Unplugged (2-LP) $19.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XQRHFR9

I think it is supposed to have some stuff that was only available on the DVD before...

24. latheofheaven

25. latheofheaven