Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

GURU: Jazzmatazz Vol. 1 (apparently an experimental fusion of Rap and Jazz - also sounds intriguing...) $14.99 Prime

Virgin (uh, the record company, that wasn't a request [​IMG] Heh... VIRGIN! NOW! :laugh:)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HF1PI62/

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  2. latheofheaven

Thanks mate! Yeah, I know... But, for all of YOU bloody rich people who can just have multiple copies of bloody EVERYTHING, again, FWIW, I just hate 'waste' and duplication if it isn't necessary

(well, a nice pair of sexy twins wouldn't exactly be too bad...)

[​IMG]

I will read the reference so that I will be better informed (Uh... ANY improvement will be welcome) I am most definitely NOT a completist (again, the waste...) So, I need to determine what I really 'need' to keep and what I don't. It's not like I don't already have enough albums... [​IMG]

imarcq likes this.
  3. Dignan2000

Dignan2000 Forum Resident

Check out "Mono Masters" on vinyl while it's still available new in stores.

4. latheofheaven

5. latheofheaven

Thanks kindly sir, but I've tried and I am just NOT a mono guy... The ONE exception was my stumbling upon the MUCH better mono master of Disraeli Gears. Otherwise, with my system optimized primarily for image and soundstage, mono, unless a much superiour master, just doesn't interest me. But, I appreciate all our fervent mono-lovers here though! :D

***EDIT

BTW, I even tried the highly recommended (and apparently preferred) mono versions of both Hendrix's Axis and even the recent Revolver (if I had known how much it was going to be worth, I would've kept it!) Revolver sounded good, Hendrix just left me cold (C'mon, with all that he was doing soundwise...?) but, I just preferred the wider soundstage, even regardless of the 'synthetic' stereo. Just my taste and for my system.

imarcq, aoxomoxoa and leeroy jenkins like this.
  6. latheofheaven

Kyhl, imarcq, FlexFantastic and 2 others like this.
  7. latheofheaven

I thought I might sneak this in... (if I had a nickel for everytime I've used that line...) Anyway, I went through a thread here titled something like 'Do I need the Past Masters' which of course, all you completist B@stards chimed in with the exuberant 'YES!'

Anyway... So, thankfully one guy posted what I THINK I'm looking for. Which is specifically what differences on the PM as opposed to the UK stereo box and the Red & Blue compilations. He said that these songs would be the ones:

1)Thank you Girl
    2)I'll Get You
    3)Long Tall Sally
    4)This Boy
    5)Slow Down
    6) I Call your Name
    7) Matchbox
    8)She's a Woman
    9) Yes It Is
    10) I'm Down
    11)You know My Name
    12) different versions of 4 other songs.

So, is that right? How 'different' are these 'other' versions and how vital are these differences?

So then, do I just need to listen to these specific songs above and determine whether I like them enough to keep the full PM album? Again, I really don't like a lot of duplication, and I do frigg'n LOVE the sound of the AAA Red & Blue sets.

Any thoughts...? And, PLEASE be specific and don't just say that it is 'ESSENTIAL', thanks!

I'll see if I can scare up some more deals :)

imarcq likes this.
  8. latheofheaven

9. latheofheaven

10. latheofheaven

imarcq, FlexFantastic and superstar19 like this.
  11. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Good album.

There is a deluxe edition (CD/download for sure, no idea about vinyl) with even more bonus tracks and a different album cover.

Wilco - The Whole Love

12. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I had this on my watch list for a while as I always liked the band and Silent Alarm was the first and arguably best agit-pop LP. However, apparently this LP squeezes to many tracks onto a single LP rather than going to a double. So I held off. But it's still a good price.

Gaslight and latheofheaven like this.
  13. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

If it has S and handetched it's definitely a US Rainbo....maybe the later versions fixed the early issues?

The Beatles - The Beatles

latheofheaven likes this.
  14. latheofheaven

That is very good to know about the vinyl, thanks mate!

15. latheofheaven

Yeah, apparently from what I've heard on 4 albums so far. I've read here so many different things like they switched to another plant after all the complaints, etc. But, the pressing errors seemed to be relatively early on in the run. Since this one I have is likely pretty recent, they probably have fixed whatever was going on quite some time ago. These are truly SILENT! (well, except for the songs :))

johnny q and imarcq like this.
  16. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

White Noise - An Electric Storm
    CD
    $8.85
    https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Storm-WHITE-NOISE/dp/B000QEKHQW/

I just picked this one up and the price is hold steady below $9.

From the description:
    Digitally remastered reissue of this ambitious 1969 album. Cited as an influence by Aphex Twin and Chemical Brothers, White Noise's An Electric Storm was the work of American-born David Vorhaus, Delia Derbyshire (who had created the electronic version of the 'Doctor Who' theme for the BBC) and Brian Hodgson. The album was surprising for the fact that two of the three members were not long-haired Rock musicians, but were respected pioneers of Electronic music who worked at the BBC's legendary Radiophonic Workshop.

17. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Not that I want to change the topic or harp too much on it, but it *really* depends on what you listen to. Some mono will sound lifeless, dull, and boring. Others are a revelation. Had the same opinion until I heard The Beatles' early stuff in mono. No more extreme hard-panning unnatural separation!

Here's another instance of where mono rocks.

Listen to Aretha Franklin's "Think" in mono. Foot-tapping low-end, nice thumping bass, a driving rhythm, just perfect.

18. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Then listen to this stereo mix. Sounds like elevator music. All the joy, fun, and drive from the music is gone.

No contest the mono sounds 10x better. It's infection and awesome. The stereo, in this case anyway, is horrendous.

As I wrote, *some* mono is terrible and *some* is terrific. You'll never catch me listening to crappy mono just because it's mono. Some are purists in that regard but I'm not. However, great sound quality is great sound quality, IMHO. :)

19. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

20. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

21. latheofheaven

Thank you Bro! :righton:

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  22. latheofheaven

Absolutely! The mono Disraeli Gears was almost a religious experience! :)

imarcq and Strat-Mangler like this.
  23. SirAngus

SirAngus Forum Resident

Gave me a headache-stay with the ABKCO

Jerry likes this.
  24. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Both versions were released by ABKCO!

25. SirAngus

SirAngus Forum Resident

Ooops! I should have said stay with the 2002 ABKCO.

Jerry, JediJoker and latheofheaven like this.