Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. popscene

popscene Senior Member

This is up over $11 now, but still a great deal. Mine arrived on Friday, and everything about it is top notch. A lot of quality and care went into this reissue. The music is fantastic as well, and this is from someone who is only a casual Cher fan (previously with only a few Sonny & Cher albums and All I Really Want To Do for her solo albums).

2. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

My copy arrived over the weekend and even though it was double boxed and the inside mailer for the vinyl was sealed, the cover of the album was bent and discs warped. Debating if I was just unlucky or if others are having similar issues? Might take a chance and do a replacement to see if I get a better copy.

Greenalishi likes this.
  3. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

My copy was fine. Great looking set. Music ? Maybe i just need time. Flat no damage to any of it. Great sound. Not sure if its a keeper music wise.

imarcq likes this.
  4. 3Dman

3Dman The Adventure Begins

Anyone else pick this up? I am now about to be on my third copy from Amazon. Both have major skips on the first song, amongst other problems. I’m not holding out much hope for the third copy. Very bummed as I love this album.

5. Mine arrived in a single, oversized box with the plastic inflated wrap randomly in there. One corner got dinged a bit but the vinyl was fine, for this price no complaints :)

latheofheaven and Greenalishi like this.
  6. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Just got the John Haitt. Package so so music Great! Keeper. Great record.

Thanks all. Cher going to Aomeba John spinning then the shelf.

7. Antenociticus

Antenociticus Forum Resident

8. hype

hype Forum Resident

I got that same prince pressing for about 16 during the black friday sales and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Sounds great and is a nice little overall package.

Seems like some are having problems with non fill so make sure to check it in the return window but mine didn't have any serious issues.

9. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

GentleSenator likes this.
  10. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I'm only gonna party when it's $19.99... ;)

Johnta7, mrjinks, imail724 and 30 others like this.
  11. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

12. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

Were you dreaming when you wrote that?

13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

given the list on this is $50-$60 i thought i was getting a fair deal at $30 back in october! :shake:

14. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

It hurts to know someone here paid $16, I paid $24 for it around chirstmas.

I went to a bullmoose back then and it was $60.

Davidmk5 and imarcq like this.
  15. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

[​IMG]

16. MartyTem

MartyTem Forum Resident

Down to $21.18. Getting close to that magic number!

17. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

6 cents more and I'm buyin' the sum bitch in tribute to Neil Peart!

18. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Maybe on Sunday? Or just another magic Monday.... ;)

Greenalishi and latheofheaven like this.
  19. Antenociticus

Antenociticus Forum Resident

20. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

:righton:

Greenalishi, J Borland and JediJoker like this.
  21. hype

hype Forum Resident

It was just lucky more then anything tbh. It was also used - like new with the annual 20% off warehouse prices around bf.

After actually getting the set in hands and checking it out and more importantly listening to it I would have payed $22-24 especially never knowing for sure what you'll get from the amazon warehouse haha

Also, it's down to $23.87 now. They must have made an absolutely insane amount of them.

22. SJTM

SJTM Well-Known Member

Finally had a chance to listen to a bunch of albums I purchased last month. Lots of good stuff but the surprise of the bunch ( was not expecting much) was the Geffen reissue of American Beauty Original Score ( not to be confused with the movie soundtrack). Was on sale for $13. Multi color vinyl. Expected decent. Much better. Lacquer cut by Kevin Gray at Cohearent. Sounds amazing. Music may not be everyone’s taste but I find it quite engrossing.
    Unfortunately price is up to $24.

ispace, Juggsnelson, imarcq and 4 others like this.
  23. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

24. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

Abbey Road Anniversary [3 CD/Blu-ray Super Deluxe]

Warehouse has 20% off for acceptable box set. Total price is $56.29.

25. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

This is probably for a very limited / specific taste, but one of my favorite 'guilty pleasure' bands of the last 10 years (that most have probably never heard of) have their most recent release for a bargain price on Amazon US...

They're an Italian band called GIUDA, and their latest release "E.V.A" is only $5.51 on vinyl at the moment...the CD is only $5.13 as well.

If you like 1970's Glitter Rock this might be up your alley. Very much in the Gary Glitter / Slade / Mud style of dumb (but catchy and fun) hard rock. It's not their best, but it's a good one and very representative of their sound. Fun car listening for sure!

All the tracks are available for streaming on the Giuda Bandcamp page if you'd want to check it out.

Link for the Amazon deal:

Giuda - E.V.A. (vinyl)