Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

I like the album- not sure I like it for $40-50 dollars. I may just try and pick up the blu-ray audio. between this sale and target still debating what to pull the trigger on for my next order.

2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Gotcha. Here's the info to the dynamic range of the Blu-Ray.

Supertramp Crime of the Century Blu-ray Audio

thetman likes this.
  3. Mark-Wales

Mark-Wales Forum Resident

imarcq likes this.
  4. Mark-Wales

Mark-Wales Forum Resident

Stepped away from this forum after many years,since having the audacity to post a deal, and not fully researching if there was an open thread on the seller..the bitchiness of the mod and his followers took me by surprise..

5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

There are lots of earlier UK pressings on discogs One in fairly decent shape might be $30-$40 shipped to the US. The vinyl wasn’t that quiet on early UK copies anyway.

The MFSL is a typical old school MFSL pressing. Tipped up top and bottom ends, but quiet vinyl. Not worth it IMO.

I like the Speakers Corner and the early UK’s best (never heard the UHQR) but they are different beasts. One is more “modern polite audiophile”; the other has a little more edge and bite.

mpayan likes this.
  6. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

I hate you thetman!! You had to go obi-wan on me. . .
    RUSH Hemispheres super deluxe 130
    Elvis Live 1969 105
    Police Every Move you Make 125

270 after tax and discounts so $90 each.

I needed Elvis, but did I really need these others?? Sigh. Thankfully I have a lot of Amazon points :D

But thanks for the heads up on this sale. Elvis 1969 was not included initially in the sale. Definitely adding some things over the course of the night.

Bowie 74-76 box is included. Wish they had 77-82.

Oh BTW, Keith Richards Talk is Cheap remastered LP down under $12 again... $11.59 when I bought it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  7. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Marillion - Live At Cadogan Hall Region free Germany blu ray $10.25-$10.30 delivered to the USA from Europe.

It includes the entire Cadogan album in 2.0 & 5.1 96/24 with Video; + Less Is More audio only in 96/24 2.0 & various videos. Cadogan may very well be their best live album with Hogarth, & this is the only place I've seen less Is More in 24 bit (Less Is More adds Cannibal Surfer Babe which is not on the USA cd & subtracts Runaway & Fake Plastic Trees from the USA cd).

Screaming Deal, & I gladly paid a bit more.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Live From Cadogan Hall [Blu-ray]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  8. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Also on Amazon.co.uk for about a fiver which may suit some, depending on shipping. As it's region free there's no concerns about incompatibility.

moomoomoomoo and latheofheaven like this.
  9. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

the power of the sale compels you! so you got an Elvis set for free, thats awesome.
    seriously if I didn't have a lot of the box sets listed I would be all over this. They have things like the beatles stereo box set, mono masters etc. If you have any type of amazon credit laying around and don't have/or want some these box sets then its a no brainer really.

latheofheaven likes this.
  10. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

the buy 2 get 1 sale really does have some good titles...too many infact i'm having to narrow my list down and then try and buy like priced sets to get the best bargain. decisions decisions.

11. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

lots of good stuff on this deal- but unfortunately most I liked, I already have
    I did order 6 from the target sale similar to this-but there you can choose your own.

12. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

And as noted above, there are many more titles at Target included in the B2G1 offer. Picked up the Dire Straits S/T MoFi SACD as part of an order. . .

thetman and latheofheaven like this.
  13. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

I actually got three of the dire straits sacds on their last sale. I did see two of them on the amazon listings.

14. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Love over gold was only listed for a brief period on Amazon. Communique is still up there but OOS. I think those two plus S/T are available at Target

15. moomoomoomoo

I can't get the search options on Buy2 get1 to show meaningful/useful results.

16. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

There is a drop box, if on the app, to filter by department, and music is one of those. It's likely similar on the website.

17. moomoomoomoo

I'm on the website. In music, there are almost no options other than cd's & vinyl. (very few SACD, blu audio, etc) In movies, most categories have no listings, even though there are over 1500 total. Example in movies: I saw a Star Trek on the 1st page, but Amazon says there is nothing in Science Fiction if I click on that.

Hope that makes sense.

Greenalishi likes this.
  18. moomoomoomoo

Since I typed the above. I've read on another board that others are experiencing similar. Seems that Amazon has limited the functionality of their search engine. The did some recent site changes; this seems to be one of them.

19. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Took me a while but browzed and bought 9 cds.

Some interesting stuff when you dig.

Every time I pressed more to move on to the next group of CDs I would inadvertently. Touch something and then have to start all over again. It was a real bummer. But I got through it. And I think I made some interesting purchases.

Thanks all for the tip on the sale.

20. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

How do I get to this thread? (Wish you'd supplied the hyperlink w/post.) I've tried about 4 searches on general community, w/out a specific forum & again, under Long & Winding Forum. I've also entered search term twice, since I've noticed that seems to be an IT-glitch; that often if I enter a search once it doesn't come up, repeat it & wha-lah! Okay to PM me w/this info. Thank You! :tiphat:

latheofheaven and imarcq like this.
  21. JediJoker

JediJoker Audio Engineer/Enthusiast

Here.

Pro-tip: if you're having trouble finding a thread, but know who started it, go to their user profile to see their content.

22. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Thank you for direction.:tiphat: re: tip - I did know that; forgot. :doh:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  23. draden1

draden1 Forum Resident

Ended up with Bowie - Scary Monsters and Station to Station, also got Queens of the Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf.

Thanks for the heads up on the B2G1 sale!

24. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

That's odd. It's on the Long and Winding Thread... right at the top because of how long and winding it is. Anyway.... here it is!

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/post-something-random.258225/

PS: I don't find the forum search facility very helpful most of the time. It's probably me doing it wrong, but it just brings up stuff I'm NOT looking for. Much better results simply using Google!