Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Larsen

Larsen Forum Resident

2. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

FlexFantastic and Shawn like this.
  3. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Got my Dylan Mono vinyl box. Only the 1st three had the original inner sleeves. Is this typical?

mur likes this.
  4. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Ordered! Thank you for posting this one. I’ve been wanting a good Fats comp, and judging from Spotify, Ron McMaster did a great job with it.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  5. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

6. floyd

floyd Senior Member

$175 I believe. The price is now steadily moving up as we speak I got it a few minutes ago at $49 and now it is over $52

7. geebagel

geebagel Well-Known Member

8. hype

hype Forum Resident

haha man I set an alert at $40 when it was released not thinking it would actually get there and missed out on getting notified by a $1 since it's back up to $55 now. I'll have to keep a closer eye on it and hope for another solid drop.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  9. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

It is a really nice looking set. Beautiful presentation. Good bonus tracks too although nothing different than the regular CD reissue.

hype and latheofheaven like this.
  10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

11. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

Has anyone ever had a pending order from Amazon get canceled?
    I've had a Little Richard best of cd on backorder for over two weeks.

I've also noticed that Amazon has lots of common cds unavailable.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Pending orders can get canceled if Amazon can't get the item back in stock.

Amazon closed down any incoming shipments during the peak of the COVID-19 quarantine, which has lead to common items going out of stock. If those items are still in stock elsewhere in the pipeline they'll be back. However, if the suppliers are using just-in-time fulfillment, then, for long tail items, there's a real chance that the labels will take them out of print.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    lightbulb likes this.
  13. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

I had an order in for the new Cornership CD - Amazon Prime, listed as in stock. Suddenly, the order was changed over to a seller in Switzerland! A good seller, as it turns out (though they have "USA" in their name), and it took about a month. I appreciate that things are hard to source, and hard to ship under all these circumstances, so I guess I'm not surprised about sudden changes to pending orders. CDs in particular seem to go in and out of stock daily at Amazon, and the prices fluctuate wildly.

14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

absolutely. but i've also had orders on out of stock items remain open for 8-12 months and actually get fulfilled.

googlymoogly and latheofheaven like this.
  15. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

16. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

I think that is correct, if I remember. A little strange, but I think that's how they all were.

17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

latheofheaven and dcarwin like this.
  18. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

I just listened to this on Qobuz, and I swear I heard vinyl noises in there (in the Qobuz stream playback). In any case I'm in, because I liked the songs and the performance. Thanks

19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

It's the same retailer, different platform. This is being sold by ImportCD on Amazon (for $14 with shipping--no free shipping). It's being sold for $8 (free shipping over $25) on DeepDiscount. Same company.

20. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

[ I’m able to check out this thread on on occasion; it’s too tempting and dangerous!

However, I see several posts that don’t name nor reference the Sale Item being discussed, requiring me to look at previous posts, to identify the product, “swimming upstream”.

Taken out of the “conversational context” of this thread, reading some individual posts can be confusing.... I guess the prior “courtesy rule” to mention the Sale Item does not exist anymore...? ]

Just a random example, please don’t take offense:
    “...It is a really nice looking set. Beautiful presentation. Good bonus tracks too although nothing different than the regular CD reissue.”

“...haha man I set an alert at $40 when it was released not thinking it would actually get there and missed out on getting notified by a $1 since it's back up to $55 now. I'll have to keep a closer eye on it and hope for another solid drop.”

frogfog, MerseyBeatle, Matt I and 2 others like this.
  21. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

that's super odd. the source for this is digital. thank god neil is transparent about that. it's printed right on the sleeve.

latheofheaven likes this.
  22. DLD

DLD Senior Member

FWIW, I played side 3 and it was quiet. Quite the deal for $10 even if there is some record noise on other sides.

23. Jason Pumphrey

Got mine delivered this afternoon, case was somewhat destroyed, all the plastic teeth that hold the cd in place were broken off, when I heard the rattling when I recived, I knew it was a loose disc inside.
    Yet the rest of the case was fine, no cracks or anything.
    Disc is pristine, playing it now, a great sounding Vic Anesini mastering, nice booklet with liner notes written by Andy Schwartz.
    Case damage aside, I'm very happy with the $2.49 purchase.
    Not a typical GH set, that's actually what I like about the disc, a mix of hits, deep cuts, and live tracks.:)
    I wonder how the other Martin Scorsese Blues cd collections are?

24. Jason Pumphrey

Essential Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show $3.79 [14 track cd] (with Autorip)
    This is the band's more raunchy early stuff, 7 of the 14 tracks are from the classic Sloppy Seconds LP (their best album IMO).
    11 of the tracks were written by the late great Shel Silverstein.
    This is mostly a Columbia era compilation, but it does include two Capitol tracks (Only Sixteen, A Little Bit More).
    https://www.amazon.com/Essential-Dr-Hook-Medicine-Show/dp/B00TZILB2Y/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2WQ11JIH5MCYP&dchild=1&keywords=dr+hook+and+the+medicine+show&qid=1591388147&s=music&sprefix=dr+hook,popular,198&sr=1-5

Greatest Hooks, a primarily Capitol era 20 track collection cd, three of them are Columbia cuts.
    $5.00 (no Autorip)
    This is when they shortened their name to just Dr Hook, and were releasing big soft rock radio hits.
    https://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Hoo...JPS83XSH77E&psc=1&refRID=8PF8GGYDKJPS83XSH77E

Although I prefer the heavier Medicine Show era, it's still fine stuff IMO. I bought both collections.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  25. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, going alllll the way back 2-3 posts on the same page to find that out is a bit ridiculous on my part for not throwing in that side note just for you. that "lightbulb" clearly didn't turn on for me.

latheofheaven likes this.