Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

If you are a B&N member you can stack your extra 10% off I believe.

So handily if you’re a member there. Barely if you aren’t.

2. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Yeah, ...all the Tone Poets sound good....but this one might be the best of them all, or at least in the top 3 for my money....mine has a few pops on side 2....buying a second copy at this price for sure!

hutlock likes this.
  3. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

I received an email from Amazon saying they canceled my Abbey Road album at the good price posted in this thread:

[​IMG]
    Item Canceled

Hello,
    Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item from your order. We've canceled the item and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days. If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers. Please visit the detail page for this item below.

The website says there is 7 available, but now the price is $31. :cussing:

4. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

I just got my $13 vinyl copy yesterday. You are right though, it says some are available for $31 now.

superstar19 likes this.
  5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

well that sucks. it was advertised all over the 'net, but i haven't seen amazon do that in a long time.

latheofheaven and superstar19 like this.
  6. hutlock

Wow that sucks man. I ordered the 3LP today so you might want to go for that if you still want it... cheap! Already got the shipping notice too.

superstar19 and latheofheaven like this.
  7. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

8. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Just got my copy today. I'm midway through side 1 of disc 1 and it sounds really nice. Flat pressing and zero noise. It looks like there are six copies still available as of right now.

hutlock likes this.
  9. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

Amazon employees must hate Tool. Today I received my third copy of Undertow at $14 and every copy has looked like a taco. One was crammed into a paper bubble mailer. Like that had any chance. At some point, I assume Amazon will stop replacing my order, but I may already be to the point that I just ask for a refund. Is vinyl just one of Amazon's added-on services? They can't make any money at it.

latheofheaven likes this.
  10. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I had a problem with 3 different copies of a Blake Mills LP. I ended up asking for a refund, then ordering the record again but paid a little extra for the gift wrapping. I didn't mind because it was getting harder to find that record in shops and online. The gift record showed up in a box, wrapped in a gift bag, and finally in new condition.

dcarwin and Shawn like this.
  11. maxwelledison1

maxwelledison1 Senior Member

Amazon just shipped my Abbey Road 3LP version in the same box with two plastic bottles of raw honey. Can't wait to open that box.

mrjinks, ispace, sharedon and 4 others like this.
  12. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

That's why I make 2 separate orders in cases like this.

13. maxwelledison1

maxwelledison1 Senior Member

The honey had been backordered for a month and miraculously reappeared after I ordered the Beatles item. I would have never ordered those items at the same time as you rightly suggest.

14. hutlock

I think it is appropriate to ask that when this package arrives for you to post some pictures.

15. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

Stupid Amazon, A Taste of Honey isn’t on that album.

mrjinks, Ilusndweller, Jrr and 6 others like this.
  16. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

I'm seeing widespread reports of amazon using bad packaging lately. Couple weeks ago I received a record just jammed in a padded envelope - it was so tight I couldn't remove it without wrecking the jacket, which was already bent up. It went back.

Anyone else seeing this?

slashdot87 likes this.
  17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yes sir. as i mentioned earlier in the thread: i've been receiving a decent amount of LPs shoved into poly bags and padded envelopes. miraculously the last two arrived relatively unscathed.

18. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

sweet!

19. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I have received quite a few lately that have had a sticker stuck to the shrink wrap, others packed in white plastic bags and so many other crappy packaging jobs. This morning I called Amazon about this problem, because it is out of control lately

20. While I too got a record in a plastic bag the other day - a first for me - my Abbey Road 3LP arrived today in an oversized mailer that fit the box like a glove double boxed in a larger box with packing bubbles.I've gotten a couple of duds, but I must be pretty lucky it seems.

GentleSenator and latheofheaven like this.
  21. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I got the same record shipped the same way today.

Greenmonster2420 likes this.
  22. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

My theory is it depends on where the specific record is warehoused. I bought two Hendrix reissues and they both came in a padded envelop separately. Even when I returned them for a replacement, they still came in a padded envelop separately. Luckily the second time, they survived.

23. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

My latest shipment was a first for me as far as bad packaging. First off, the delivery was two days late, then when I opened it I found no packing inside. It contained the Let It Bleed box and two loose lps in a box that was at least three to four times too big. On the bright side, nothing was damaged... at all. This was my initial reaction when I opened the box.... :yikes: . This was my next reaction after I saw no damage... :righton:

24. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I believe a lot of the packaging issues start with the suppliers that provide LPs to Amazon. If the albums are sent in case quantity as loose LPs then you have a high probability of receiving poorly packed LPs. Some albums are received by Amazon pre-packaged in shippers or frustration free packaging. Also, boxsets are also a mixed bag... I received Let It Bleed in an oversized box and three pieces of bubble pillows, Talk Is Cheap was prepackaged then well shipped, The Beatles Deluxe was also nicely prepackaged.

lightbulb and PhantomStranger like this.
  25. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

After getting the deluxe White Album and Abbey Road through Amazon price drops, I regret that I didn’t get the 2LP Sgt Pepper while it was first available. Anybody got a lead on a decently priced copy? It’s sorta off topic so just shoot me a PM if you can help.