Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Mostly true, except Magic sounds like crap on vinyl as well and some of the remasters sound nice but suffer from sibilance on my rig (Darkness in particular). My original pressings don't have that issue. And finally to the other commenter who couldn't care less who cut it, that's nice. Thanks for sharing. I just responded to the question posed. Can we get back to the point of the thread, good deals and move the comments about side lengths where they belong...

Bloom and hutlock like this.
  2. elsanto

elsanto Forum Resident

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

REALLY good album. You can’t go wrong for that kind of money.

4. Beeg

Beeg Forum Resident

Jumped up quick a bit, but got it for $9.49, still a most excellent price.

elsanto and hutlock like this.
  5. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

:agree: Waiting for one of those Magical Mystery Tour deluxe deals.

6. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Thanks for the heads up.

latheofheaven, elsanto and hutlock like this.
  7. tinyplace

tinyplace Well-Known Member

8. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

Worth a gamble to me at that price.

9. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup
    Amazon price drop for 3cd/ Blu-ray $132.29

10. 8tracks

8tracks Forum Addict

I'm not usually a fan of 25 minute album sides, but S1 of Abbey Road runs 24:53 so for me it's not an automatic deal breaker.

superstar19 and latheofheaven like this.
  11. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

12. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

I was looking forward to listening to this album (for such a great price!). Well Amazon sent me a pre-damaged record so it went back for a refund... The box was in perfect shape, so the packer must have just tossed in the record without caring that the cover was all bent up. Sad...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    longdist01 likes this.
  13. CraigC

CraigC Live It Up

Same thing happened to me yesterday, unreal.

longdist01 likes this.
  14. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

In the near future, you'll be able to pick it up for a buck or two at one of those local bin/treasures places that re-sell Amazon and Target returns.
    I just picked up 7 albums for $3.50 (they were 50 cents apiece) the other day. All sealed, and one o two with bent corners. But
    for less than a buck apiece, it's worth it. It's a crazy world.

latheofheaven, Juggsnelson and JasonA like this.
  15. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

It stuns me that Amazon has been doing such an incredibly poor job of delivering record albums that do not have bent corners and other damage. Either their employees ship already-damaged albums, as they did in your case, or they do a horrible job of packing and protecting undamaged albums in whatever boxes they decide to use for shipment.

I wonder how much money slips through Amazon's fingers because of having to pay for returns of so many damaged albums, and/or pay for shipping replacement albums, and/or having to refund customers' money while letting them keep the damaged albums. It must be substantial (albeit a very tiny percentage of Amazon's revenue).

longdist01 likes this.
  16. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Where do they sell Amazon returns?! I’ve found Target clearance stuff at Goodwill but never come across anything from Amazon.

latheofheaven likes this.
  17. The Elephant Man

Little pop-up stores in abandoned plazas. One of the ones I hit occasionally is directly across from a Goodwill.

latheofheaven and JasonA like this.
  18. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

It’s a legit release for BMG produced by the same crew that does the Omnivore Recordings releases. Here’s the label copy:

3LP Collection Features Remastered Music - First Time Ever On Vinyl!
    These Songs Only Ever Appeared On 'Mother's Best'! No Other Studio, Radio, or Live Recordings Exist Of The Songs Included Here!

3LP Set featuring the best of Hank's Mother's Best Radio Transcription includes "Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain," "I'll Fly Away," "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You," "When The Saints Go Marching In" & more.

Hank Williams' career was brief and incendiary. Most of those fortunate enough to have seen him in concert say that he was a captivating performer. Now, sixty years after his passing, we finally get a sense of Hank Williams onstage, adding another dimension to our scant knowledge of him. Still popular today, he's a giant in American music.

DESTINED TO SURVIVE: The performances heard here were recorded on acetate discs (meant to be played only once or twice) that were shelved in 1951, and they gradually faded from common memory. In the 1970s the acetates were saved from the trash by a WSM employee and eventually given to Hank's daughter, Jett. On behalf of the estate, Jett fought an eight-year battle to establish ownership, finally winning the right to release these recordings in partnership with Time Life.

Features
    • 3LP Set
    • First time ever on vinyl
    • Compiles the songs that ONLY ever appeared on 'Mother's Best'
    • No other studio, radio, or live recordings exist of the songs included here
    • Audio restored and mastered by Michael Graves
    • Triple gatefold packaging
    • New liner notes from Colin Escott
    • Made in USA

Sigma6, longdist01 and MFillmore like this.
  19. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

And how much would it cost them to take the time to package records properly? I guarantee you they’ve weighed the costs of both and have made their choice.

longdist01 likes this.
  20. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

Huh. I’ve never even heard of such a thing. It that’s something we probably wouldn’t get here in the middle of LA.

The Elephant Man likes this.
  21. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

$7 record w/ bent cover no biggie in my book

22. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

If it was a minor bend or even a minor seam split I may have kept it because it was cheap. It is hard to see in the picture, but the left corner is not just bent, but bent in multiple directions so much that the seam has come apart. I usually do not accept covers that have damage, but this one was excessive damage (quite shocking really).

23. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

GAAAAAAA!!!
    I gotta find one of these places!

PoeRaider and The Elephant Man like this.
  24. The Elephant Man

It's very hit and miss with what they'll have. And they can be kinda messy places. But...
    I've found some decent LP's and CDs for ridiculously low prices.

latheofheaven and JasonA like this.
  25. MFillmore

MFillmore Forum Resident

I bought it. It’s definitely with the money. Good sound / songs.