Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Beeg

Beeg Forum Resident

Personally I miss the days when David Letterman was on late night. One of the cool artists he had on occasionally was Arthur Baker. Of course you never knew what type of music he'd be bringing since he's all over the map, but it was always cool. My point? The vinyl of the Joseph Arthur, Peter Buck collaboration, Arthur Buck, is on sale for $7.99 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BZB8SSP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I saw another listing being at $9.99 but not having prime shipping. Weirdly, I paid $8.03 and just saw the price dropped a bit when I went back to copy it for the forum. No I'm not gonna ask Amazon for the 4 cents back but I am gonna dig out my copy of Redemption City since I haven't listened to it lately.

2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Huh?
    Arthur Baker and Joseph Arthur and Peter Buck? Arthur Baker was on Letterman?!

EDIT: Deep Discount is selling the Arthur Buck album for $4.36.

latheofheaven, superstar19 and SJP like this.
  3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

This one flew completely under my radar. I listened to some of the tracks and it sounds good.

The Amazon sold version is no longer cheap, so I got it from ImportCDs for $7.48 shipped.

4. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Deep Discount has the vinyl for $4.36. Shipping would be $1.99 if not part of an order over $25.

It is a few nice album and totally worth the giveaway price.

latheofheaven likes this.
  5. maxellfullmoon

maxellfullmoon Forum Resident

I ordered it from Popmarket earlier this week for 5.79 free shipping.

superstar19, SJP and hutlock like this.
  6. hutlock

Popmarket, Deep Discount, ImportCDs = all the same place.

7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

You win the best deal!

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Thanks. Canceled my Amazon order and bought through Popmarket for $5.79 (+tax) shipped.

9. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

10. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

11. True!

It still is worth investigating each "storefront" insofar as their prices and how they ship (if they offer free shipping after a certain purchase-point) and if they have present/functional discount codes. It may make a quite difference.

slipkid, hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  12. BlueTrane

BlueTrane Forum Resident

black sheriff, SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  13. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Wow. I did not know that Popmarket was part of the same "superD" (or whatever there name is) conglomerate.

I believe - but am not 100% positive - that DD and ImportCDs were entirely different companies with no relation for a couple years then SuperD acquired them.

14. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Not an amazon deal, but I got an email from ImportCDs that they are having a vinyl "sale".

This is the link:
    Vinyl on Sale on ImportCDs

I don't buy vinyl anymore (for the most part) so I am not even bothering to look through their pages to see what they're offering. Could be a waste of time but part of the fun of music collecting for me anyways was finding some amazing bargain on an album I've been looking for, so maybe some vinyl hounds will appreciate me sharing that link above. Good luck!

JasonA, imarcq, Reese and 1 other person like this.
  15. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

There are 8 pages of Speakers Corner titles in this sale. Just search on 'speakers corner.'

slipkid and latheofheaven like this.
  16. Yeah ... and most are of "back-order"status. A giant carrot leading you to (nearly) nothing.

17. hutlock

Yep, and PopMarket used to belong to Sony.

slipkid and latheofheaven like this.
  18. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

19. Beeg

Beeg Forum Resident

Damn, I really need to lay off the late night beer as I got my Arthur’s all mixed up, though I was listening to New Order the other day. I still blame it on the beer.

On another note thanks for the lead on Halfsour’s Sticky album. Damn it’s good! I get to hear more cool music just because of 1) This forum feeding my addiction 2) my cheapness and 3) Deep Discount making me spend at least $25 for the free shipping when they beat Amazon’s price.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  20. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

21. Ordered this myself. What a fantastic deal. How was it packed?

Yes, @atlantasteven , thanks for the heads-up!

SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  22. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

4) @hutlock & @SJP 's Insidious Lovecraftian influence...

hutlock and SJP like this.
  23. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Packaged to perfection inside factory box which was inside a larger Amazon box with air pillows.

24. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

In on the Lou Reed. I was on the fence for a long time but that price was too good to pass up.

SJP and aoxomoxoa like this.
  25. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Thanks for the tip on the 31st of Feb. I would have never seen it in the other thread.