Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. MichaelSmith

MichaelSmith Forum Resident

2. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Atticus Ross and Co. did two soundtrack albums for the Dispatches From Elsewhere TV series.

The blue-covered one is still over $30. The orange-covered one has dropped to $ 18.92 with free Amazon Prime shipping.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KV2ZKPJ

3. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

How to Get $15 in Free Amazon Credit With Very Little Effort

"f you haven’t bought an Amazon gift card before, the company is currently offering you an extra $15 for doing so, so long as the card you buy is worth $50 or more...To get the $15, just head over to before June 28 (which is when the promotion ends), select a card that’s at least $50, and apply the promo code GIFTCARD2021 at checkout."

4. soam

soam Forum Resident

I really want this but I've been scared off by the reviews of the pressing quality.

5. findog3103

findog3103 Forum Resident

Supposedly the European version is much better. I have not heard it, but I did listen to the U.S. one and agreed it was not very engaging.

elsanto and latheofheaven like this.
  6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

7. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I believe they’re the same cut...just pressed at different plants. I think the issues are with the pressing quality of the US copies, not the recording/mastering quality.

latheofheaven, elsanto and findog3103 like this.
  8. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

You should be! I returned two copies of this to Amazon.us shortly after it was released. The low-ish prices at Amazon recently made me give it another shot...

Copy #3 was returned last week.

At some point, I’ll get a vinyl copy, but I won’t try another US copy...

tyler928, Critter and latheofheaven like this.
  9. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I was finally hit with the magical "Lp in a bag" today , new release Vinyl is toast on all 4 corners + (Delivered by an Amazon truck ...Going back , new replacement ordered for sunday , strange thing is a 2nd lp also came today UPS in an lp mailer in another box , but it's an older title ......... I hope they change , i just messaged them & posted on twitter .

[​IMG]

sennj, slipkid, Patanoia and 2 others like this.
  10. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Man, that is bad!

I had just ordered the Chris Bellman remaster of the Love and Rockets 1st album, and whatever they did to it was so bad that THEY wrote me and said 'Something happened in transit' and it couldn't be delivered :rolleyes: So they returned it and refunded me. I re-ordered it right away, and darn if it didn't come in a nicely safe record box like it should! Sorry to hear about your experience though Bro. Sux as all getout!

aoxomoxoa, Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  11. B-Mike

B-Mike Forum Resident

That’s actually what the cover art looks like

[​IMG]

12. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

So it’s pre-Amazoned?!

13. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

I too have had the bag, but got the new Pink Floyd Knebworth from .ca today and they must have had to order extra trucks to deliver it. I came in a huge box, with another box inside it with the LP. You could have fit a dozen of them in there easily. Maybe 2 dozen! Never know what you are going to get!

14. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

Every time they do this, I send a nice short note taped to the LP on a full size loose leaf page. It says something like 'Tell the warehouses to NEVER send an LP in a stupid package like this. It doesn't protect anything."

I slightly vary it each time. I'm never mean or call people names. I doubt it works. The returns go to different places. But at some point, the return people will get sick of dealing with things the warehouses cause and ultimately tell them something. It may take years to go up the chain of command. But it will eventually sort itself out.

ispace, mrjinks, fretter and 6 others like this.
  15. latheofheaven

Excellent idea mate! :righton:

elsanto, hutlock and Davidmk5 like this.
  16. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

They added EXTRA real bends on mine for the Real 70s found it at a thrift store Experience :shh::winkgrin:

Runicen, fretter, elsanto and 6 others like this.
  17. Walt

Walt Forum Resident

I do the same thing and also add something about the metrics-driven underpaid workers.

elsanto, Davidmk5, Vanzetti and 4 others like this.
  18. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Yes I am sure who ever is reading your message is the right person to take of that problem. Good call.

19. latheofheaven

:laugh: what a total smart@ss...

elsanto and aoxomoxoa like this.
  20. Beeg

Beeg Forum Resident

Is it a bad thing to be stashing your record mailers and find one that you hadn’t opened, complete with a record you forgot you ordered?

Asking for a friend.

Vanzetti, sbsugar, jeffsab and 14 others like this.
  21. dcarwin

dcarwin Forum Resident

22. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Have done this.

Now I keep them in separate rooms just to be safe!

23. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Well Amazon got me gary moore replacement copy & of course shipped in a bag & ruined :realmad::shake: I can't imagine this is the future of Vinyl shipping with them ? this has to catch up with them at some point .

[​IMG]

mur, sennj and latheofheaven like this.
  24. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

I recently ordered the Dexter Gordon Tone Poet "Clubhouse". Instead, I received a Stanley Turrentine Tone Poet. Amazon let me keep it and put in another order for the Dexter Gordon.

They sent me another of the same Stanley Turrentine. I believe the albums are already packaged and just picked by a bar code so my guess is that all of that Gary Moore are in bags and all of that Dexter Gordon are really Stanley Turrentine.

25. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

I’ve done this as well!

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.