Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads-up on Helen Merrill. I had no idea that Jeff Buckley's 'Lilac Wine' was a cover song. Helen Merrill sings it beautifully, and the second track on the album,, Wild Is The Wind, is one of my very favorites.

I've gotten spoiled and rarely spend $20 on single LP's anymore, but I may buy this one.

SJP, hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  2. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  3. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

If you like that version of Wild Is The Wind then you need Shirley Horn's version (from the Here's To Life album):

4. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

More good news: Nina Simone sings Lilac Wine on her album Wild is the Wind!

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  5. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

I mean Jeff was definitely listening to the Nina Simone version…

dee, latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  6. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

It's gone now, but grabbed the Modern Harmonic pressing of The Runaways S/T for $23 and it was delivered today ... slid inside one of those gray/white plastic coverings with no box. Unbelievable. A little dinged up, but it's not like I can return it for an exchange.

latheofheaven likes this.
  7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

An update of a recent deal...

Marillion - Fugazi (4 LP box)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0948N64GW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now down to $39.88. I was pondering this when it posted as a deal at $40 & change. It soon spiked upwards a bit but has since come back down below the previous low price. I have the Misplaced Childhood 4 LP box and it is certainly a nice package. At this price, it isn't all that much more than buying the reissue single LP.

8. DapperGentleman

... I never bought the Clutching At Straw vinyl box set from Marillion. I kept hoping for a lower price. It's gone out of print and costs a fortune now.

So, don't wait on Fugazi ...

9. blues 66

blues 66 Well-Known Member

10. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

$69.24 for the super deluxe Who Sells Out box right now (1-13-2022) , all the way from the original price of $117 when released.

11. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

mur, Matt I, Mister Charlie and 2 others like this.
  12. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

Got my Dylan Bootleg 1-3 vinyl set.
    On my set up, the vinyl set sounds pretty flat or at least doesn't not add much to the cd version. Glad it was only $70. I do appreciate the head's up, though.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  13. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

14. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

My suspicion is that the vinyl was mastered from the CD files given the vintage of the mastering - assuming that the 2017 box uses the same mastering as the 1991 European vinyl set. That said, though, it's nice to have on vinyl.

latheofheaven and hyde park like this.
  15. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Down to $66.53.

16. DapperGentleman

Thanks again for the Kacey Musgraves shout-out last night. I'm in for one.

=====================

As an aside, I always assume we're all familiar with 'camelcamelcamel', the Amazon price-alerts website, but in case you're not ... they alerted me to the Kacey Musgraves sale as well. Their alert came late though, so I'm thankful for the alert here. Still, it's a good way to monitor things you're watching for.

I see I had two new alerts today. I have 3,500 items loaded with desired prices into camelcamelcamel, so I receive quite a few alerts. It took a while to set up, but it's easy to maintain.

[​IMG]

17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

back down to this price! i know some don't see the value in the admittedly redundant/gimmicky "half-speed mastering" of these, but i think it sounds dang good. oh and the fancy tip-on jacket is a nice touch too.

18. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Alright, this is getting crazy. I didn't want to trigger anyone by pointing out nominal price decreases since I purchased the Marillion Fugazi 4 LP box.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0948N64GW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

But since I last posted, it has dropped steadily to where it is now, $36.42 which I consider to be a significant enough price drop to report here.

cyngus, black sheriff, mur and 8 others like this.
  19. Bobsblkwax

Bobsblkwax Forum Resident

Ordered - Thanks!

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  20. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

21. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

down to $36.26

:bdance:
    :hide:

i'm not the biggest marillion fan but i do like fugazi and this seems like a ridiculous deal. so i ordered it.

SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  22. Echoes71

Echoes71 Forum Resident

Just snagged The Who Sell Out box for $63, which is more than 50% off the sticker price.

23. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

And I thought I was getting a great deal when I got it for $86!

24. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I embarrassingly paid retail but it's one of my favorite all time albums by anyone.

25. It’s one of those things where do you buy it initially to make sure you get a copy or roll the dice to see if it gets heavily discounted later. And then risk it going OOP and have to pay a much higher price.

If you do the opposite of what I do you are bound to save $ as I inevitably choose wrong!