Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. mmart1

mmart1 Forum Resident

2. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

3. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

Who Sell Out Super Deluxe Box set currently $67 on Amazon.com (1-25-2022)

4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

6. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

GentleSenator and latheofheaven like this.
  7. easyge

easyge Senior Member

8. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

My $10.00 Kacey Musgraves Variant 3 arrived today from Amazon, so I cancelled my Variant 2 order ...
    ----------------------
    The 2021 reissue of Everything But The Girl's 'Eden' (remastered) is down to $15.90 today ...
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097NMKKF5

9. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Thanks - I'm all over that one!

latheofheaven likes this.
  10. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

11. kentucky_slim

kentucky_slim Forum Resident

I have two...been trying to figure out who to gift one to.

12. DapperGentleman

13. UnknownEric

UnknownEric did not put the ram in the rama-lama-ding-dong

Holy moly, that's borderline MC Esher-esque.

latheofheaven and Walt like this.
  14. DapperGentleman

So, not a screaming buy, but Aoife O'Donovan's upcoming release, Age Of Apathy, has added a deluxe 2LP version with 8 additional songs.

According to her bandcamp, it's a limited edition of 2,000 (with 39 remaining there for sale, at $28 plus shipping).

Amazon is asking $23.99 Prime, just $1.00 more than the regular 1LP version.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FHGK8TW

15. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I ordered this, thanks for the lead!

Lycia are one of the bright lights out of the Projekt label. Some of their bands are a bit derivative (Love Spirals Downwards comes to mind) or less-than-compelling-more-often-than-not (Black Tape For A Blue Girl...gosh knows I've tried to really get into this band). But Lycia has been constantly good in terms of what I have heard. Looking forward to checking this one out, blue vinyl nonetheless!

16. DapperGentleman

Whoa! Nice big price drop on the Waterboys 'The Magnificent Seven (Fisherman's Blues band)' 5CD + DVD + hardcover book at Amazon ... I've been waiting years for this set to arrive.

"Super Deluxe box five CD + DVD set packaged in a rigid slipcase, hard back folder containing 6 discs and the hardback book. The Magnificent Seven: The Waterboys Fisherman's Blue/Room To Roam band 1989-90 is a 145 track box set and book which tells the story of the seven piece line up from the Fisherman's Blues 1989 tour through to the release of the bands 5th album, Room to Roam in 1990. As well as the remastered Room To Roam album, this set contains 80+ previously unreleased tracks over 4CDs packed from demos, unreleased studio tracks, live and informal jams/sessions. The DVD contains two complete 1989 audience films of Glastonbury Festival and Milan, home movies and professional footage at Spiddal House during the making of Room To Roam, plus films shot on Waterboys visits to Spiddal in 2010 and 2012. Also includes is a 240p book containing a 50,000 word narrative by Mike Scott telling the full story of the Waterboys seven-piece band, a collection of previously unseen photos, track notes by all band members, maps, lyrics, manuscripts, and other archival memorabilia."

Was $99, now $72 with free prime shipping. Delivery in mid-February ...
    https://www.amazon.com/MAGNIFICENT-SEVEN-Waterboys-Fishermans-Blues/dp/B09F1KM8DL

[​IMG]

17. cyngus

cyngus Forum Resident

My Fugazi lp box was packaged well, but all the vinyls have small scratches and scuffs.

As for sound, The main lp sounds ok. Probably the best it will ever sound. The live set is the gem of this set.

Anyway sending it back because of the defects. Think I’ll just get a refund and grab the Blu-ray instead. Extra material on there too.

18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it's those darn heavy stock inner sleeves. my discs are a little scuffed up but playback is fine so far.

cyngus and latheofheaven like this.
  19. jayceman

jayceman Forum Resident

What's the difference here?
    The Waterboys - MAGNIFICENT SEVEN The Waterboys Fisherman's Blues/Room To Roam band - Amazon.com Music

$47.98, different ASIN, but looks like the same product

20. DapperGentleman

21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Nice price on The Waterboys box. I chose to go with the clamshell version for under $40 which shelves nicely with Fisherman's Box and the rest of their catalogue. I bet that book is terrific though. I'd consider the standalone book if it drops in price drastically.

22. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

And in doing so, Mr. SJP adds the perfect aesthetic touch to his flawlessly curated box set shelf!

SJP likes this.
  23. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

OK, you asked for it!

[​IMG]

Dignan2000, Jspmike, Patanoia and 2 others like this.
  24. cyngus

cyngus Forum Resident

Yep, knew it as soon as I went to pull the first LP out. Ugh!
    Honestly I found the box set disappointing. Not only skimping on nice inner sleeves here, but expected each LP to be in a standard LP outer sleeve as well. At the sale price it’s ok I guess, but at a $80 list price? No way.

Glad yours plays ok.

GentleSenator and latheofheaven like this.
  25. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Heh heh... I KNEW we'd get a picture of your lovely shelves if I said that! :D

***EDIT

And, that does not even include his very impressive Deluxe Zeppelin Box shelf!

aoxomoxoa and SJP like this.