Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i wish the price would come down on one of the better albums' set

3. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

4. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

5. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

stevef, Greenalishi, mur and 4 others like this.
  6. MrJerry1876

MrJerry1876 Short Distance Voyager

Both of the recent Marillion sets are going up, they were only $30 a week or two ago. Script is now $45, and Fugazi is just about at $40.
    If you buy it from the warehouse, you can get the Script For A Jester's Tear set for $28 and change. I just ordered a copy for myself a few minutes ago.
    Fugazi is $35 from a third-party seller. I managed to score this at a record store for $40, and I used credit to get it for $20. If I hadn't found that at the store, I also would've bought this set here on Amazon.
    Also, Afraid Of Sunlight is at $53 right now. I haven't been watching the price on that one like I have for the other two, but still, this may be as good of a time as ever to get it.
    These may not go up as much on the resale market as the other Marillion sets, but this will probably be the last time you can get them for reasonably cheap...

7. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

8. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

FlexFantastic, mur, elsanto and 6 others like this.
  9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

10. MrJerry1876

MrJerry1876 Short Distance Voyager

I got my copy of Script For A Jester's Tear today in the mail.
    The packaging (a bubble wrap mailer) was wet with something, I assumed that another package next to it on the trip leaked. "Oh, well," I thought, "at least it didn't get inside the package..."
    I opened it up, and the Digi-Book was coated in some oily liquid! What it could've been, I don't know. The shrink wrap protected most of the cover from being damaged by it (the hype sticker didn't make it... :cry:) but the corners still suffered a bit of discoloration and warping.

What could have done this, I have no idea, but I'm debating returning it. I probably won't, as the discs and book are completely fine.

Also, I ordered the 50th Edition of Tull's Benefit, which came to me in one of those clear wrapper bags. Out of the two, I would've thought Benefit to arrive more damaged, since it was from the warehouse and in the plastic bag, but it was completely fine...

:blah:

latheofheaven and Patanoia like this.
  11. Patanoia

Patanoia Third Ear Centre

12. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

13. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Yuseef must be big in Zimbabwe?

latheofheaven and Patanoia like this.
  14. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

I'm pretty much 'big' wherever I go... :D

SJP and aoxomoxoa like this.
  15. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

16. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

If you missed out on the Sneaker Pimps 'Splinter' 2LP reissue, it's back in stock at Amazon for $12.98 Prime. I received mine a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it:
    https://www.amazon.com/Splinter-Sneaker-Pimps/dp/B007NUQJ50

=================================

PS: It's probably time to re-consider those Amazon offers from outside the USA. The Euro is down to $1.06 US Dollars, the lowest level in many years. Also, I'm seeing quite a few stray items in the Amazon-UK site with Free Shipping to the USA.

17. latheofheaven

Awesome, thanks! Maybe I should re-subscribe to the Amazon UK deals thread again. When they discontinued honouring the Amazon Prime membership for orders from there and said that I would have to pay for ANOTHER Prime membership, that is when I stopped ordering from them.

***EDIT

I guess there isn't one anymore, I can't seem to find it...

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  18. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

latheofheaven and superstar19 like this.
  19. latheofheaven

20. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member Thread Starter

Wait...what? Amazon.co.uk used to honour Prime membership of customers in the USA? I have had Prime for a long, long time and used to order from Amazon.co.uk quite frequently and I never noticed any Prime benefit being offered to me. I paid a certain amount for shipping for each disc ordered, and shipping wasn't expedited.

21. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I've had pretty good success with orders from amazon.fr and amazon.de, though I did recently get an LP from Amazon France that was literally shipped in packaging consisting of little more than a brown paper bag. It was severely bent up and I'm amazed that it made it here at all! Otherwise, packaging has exceeded what I've come to expect from US Amazon, and stuff typically arrives quicker than standard mail packages from other European retailers.

latheofheaven likes this.
  22. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

For comparison, I paid grand total US$200 for this box set from Burning Shed last September (2021), shipped to USA from the UK. So I'd say that's a pretty good deal and a nice reward for those who waited.

23. I have been trying to find it at $150 for quite a while, this is the first time I have seen it.

24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if