Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Okay, I think I'm getting closer to solving "Eno Film Music" mystery...

In a private/incognito window, the result of visiting https://www.amazon.com/Film-Music-1976-2020-LP/dp/B08GG2RKD3?tag=shtv-20 is that the "-48%" price of $18.12 appears first, BUT that's shipped and sold by RAREWAVES-IMPORTS for an additional $3.99 delivery fee. So the total is $22.11, versus $25.49 buying directly from Amazon. Customers will have to decide if saving $3.38 is worth waiving the advantages and convenience of Prime by buying directly from Amazon.

[​IMG]

2. Timothy Fiacco

Timothy Fiacco Captain Coconut

I got mine on Monday and it is definitely legitimate, it is a really beautiful box I might add. I have listened to the POB CD and it sounds amazing!

3. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

Here's a couple I found... not sure that these have been listed before --

Courtney Barnett - Things Take Time, Take Time ("all eyes on the pavement" blue vinyl) $14.03

The Empty Hearts - The Second Album (very cool album with Elliott Easton from the Cars, Clem Burke from Blondie, Wally Palmar from The Romantics, and Andy Babiuk from The Chesterfield Kings) $12.59

Francis Lung - Miracle (UK singer-songwriter, once described as a cross between Emitt Rhodes and Elliott Smith... not exactly, but a fair comparison... highly recommended in any event - check out some of his songs on Spotify or YouTube) $9.58

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    kouzie, mur, latheofheaven and 5 others like this.
  4. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Same undeliverable message for me. I called Amazon and it’s not a bug. They indicated they’ve had 5 complaints about the item and have put a pause on sales (rather than removing the listing). The only remedy is to keep trying to see if the pause has been removed.

My educated guess is this is yet another example - like you see all over this site these days - of folks who have suboptimal set-ups or cart/tonearms combos which can’t handle some passages of dynamic records, but they refuse to understand or accept this because they “don’t have issues with other records...”.

The downside of the vinyl renaissance...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    GentleSenator likes this.
  5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

that's interesting. the last time i tried to talk to customer service about a record that threw this error when trying to order they were unable to give me any help or insight whatsoever. the agent even went so far as to suggest i create a new account to try and order it since they had no idea what the problem was.

latheofheaven and marcb like this.
  6. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

My Amazon order of Johnny Griffin - “The Man I Love” is en-route, last scanned in Kansas City on its way to Oregon. Should arrive later this week.

I'm getting more curious to see what I will actually receive.

7. Sci-Fi Kid

Sci-Fi Kid Forum Resident

The same thing happened to me when I first looked up and tried to order the album. The $17 was half what it would be elsewhere (with shipping), so I checked back every other day until one day it let me order it. I’m guessing whatever the glitch is, the resulting poor sales are what’s driving the price down. Weird. I figured the error had been fixed when I was able to order, or I wouldn’t have posted. My apologies.

latheofheaven likes this.
  8. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

trying to chat with Amazon about this now but it's just been a big run around circle. they sent me a link to a colored vinyl version that was a $139

GentleSenator and latheofheaven like this.
  9. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I've noticed the prices of quite a few Amazon listings in the "people who bought this also bought," "four stars and up," and similar carousels on LP vinyl product pages are showing crazy-high prices. Like $60-200 per LP. Something weird seems to be going on behind the scenes, and if I had more spare time I'd click on some of those high-priced product pages to investigate.

10. aoxomoxoa

How does this have anything to do with people's records not tracking correctly? I'm confused

11. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I said “educated guess”. It’s an increasingly common complaint these days - particularly with quality jazz records with dynamics. It’s my belief that 90%+ of the time, it’s a hardware problem, not a software problem.

Of course, it could be something else.

12. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I assume they’re just out of print pressings people are listing on Amazon.

13. marcb

marcb Senior Member

What day were you able to order?

Amazon told me it’s not a glitch; it’s intentional.

And price hasn’t changed in several days even though it has been un-orderable for those several days and it’s the same price at Walmart, so I don’t think the lack of orders is what’s causing the price to be low.

14. aoxomoxoa

Still confused as to what this has to do with why I can't order the lp

15. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Go back and read the entire post again - particularly the part about “complaints”.

16. aoxomoxoa

Yeah I read it a few times I'm still confused but that's fine

17. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Okay, your assumption prompted me to take some more time to explore ... I retraced my steps to the recent listing for Francis Lung - Miracle, where I noticed that all those expensive items are under "4 stars and above - Sponsored." Turns out all the high-priced stuff is sold and fulfilled by Vinceron, who must be paying quite a bit in Amazon carousel advertising to take over these listings, even as his positive customer ratings are declining.

[​IMG]

18. marcb

marcb Senior Member

There are complaints. I’m guessing it’s people claiming there are problems with the pressing which are actually their rig being unable to track certain passages.

19. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

They probably figured that you would fall for it...

20. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Now people... If I've told you once I've told you twice...

With @aoxomoxoa you need to type VERY slowly...

21. Sci-Fi Kid

Sci-Fi Kid Forum Resident

I was finally able to order mine on June 23rd.
    I watch YouTube videos of new releases and reissues on Thursdays and Fridays, so I’m guessing I started trying to order on the 17th or 18th, and was told multiple times it wasn’t available for sale to my address. On the 23rd it finally let me, and it’s scheduled to arrive on June 30th.

marcb and latheofheaven like this.
  22. Dunedin

Dunedin Forum Resident

23. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

dcarwin, mur, MothMonsterMan and 3 others like this.
  24. aoxomoxoa

Well I was finally able to order the Johnny Griffin album and now it's out of stock. wonderful

GentleSenator and latheofheaven like this.
  25. CraigC

CraigC Live It Up

I was just able to order, maybe try again.

Sci-Fi Kid and latheofheaven like this.