Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

It was in stock? Maybe you got the last one?

latheofheaven likes this.
  2. CraigC

CraigC Live It Up

Yeah, maybe because it was in my cart already.

3. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Who knows. I spent most of the day chatting with Amazon getting passed back-and-forth with no response yesterday about this.

4. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

I am happy to report that the copy I received is the correct DSD black vinyl version, not the splatter or 50th anniversary versions. It does not have the DSD hype sticker (that the copy I purchased a few years back has), but I am hoping for a bit quieter intro to YCAGWYW on the fresh copy than my original copy has.

This item is still available with free (Prime) shipping however the current price is $22.75.

Fred Dender, mur and latheofheaven like this.
  5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I would be jumping for joy if I got the splatter version.

leeroy jenkins and passion4music like this.
  6. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

There is one sold by Zia Records for cheaper (even after shipping charges) if you click on "See All Buying Option" button.:)

7. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

8. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

I finally discovered something, and I probably have been looking for years now. I often want to search for deals by third-party sellers, but the big ones have so many items for sale that it's not possible:

Here is the SORT BY LOWEST PRICE LINK for keyword "LP Vinyl" in an Amazon Seller's storefront, in this case MovieMars:

Amazon.com : lp vinyl

This search option is NOT available on the regular search page for MovieMars's storefront: it is only searchable by "Featured":
    Amazon.com

The trick is: when searching a storefront, insert this language directly in front of the word "me" in the long search URL: " s=price-asc-rank& " .

(I am a fan of third-party sellers who discount newer releases on the Amazon site. Both BullMoose and Zia Records, for example, sell their overstock at great prices sometimes at Amazon, well below the price in their stores and on their own websites.)

... this might prove to be a very expensive new find for me.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    dasacco, Patanoia, Shawn and 11 others like this.
  9. DapperGentleman

To follow on: Here is Zia Records Storefront with over 40,000 items on Amazon:
    Amazon.com

... and if you just want to search for "vinyl" within that storefront, there are around 5,000 items. These cannot be sorted.
    Amazon.com : vinyl

(as an aside, if you search for "LP" instead of "vinyl" a very similar search list comes up.)

... after some tweaking, it looks like the best search removes the words "dvd" and "audio" from the "vinyl" search, leaving around 4,000 items:
    Amazon.com : vinyl -dvd -audio

Finally, to take those 4,000 and search by Lowest Price, insert " s=price-asc-rank& " before the word "me" in the URL:
    Amazon.com : vinyl -dvd -audio

===========================================================

Clearly, this is for the person who doesn't mind thumbing through dozens of pages looking for deals. If you DO enjoy that, then you're going to have fun.

dasacco, TerpStation, Shawn and 10 others like this.
  10. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

With MovieMars, there's even a 25% chance they fulfill the order.

sennj, hutlock, sharedon and 4 others like this.
  11. Sci-Fi Kid

Sci-Fi Kid Forum Resident

My copy of Johnny Griffin’s “The Man I Love” arrived a day early on the 29th, and I had some time to give a quick listen tonite at low to medium volume. The LP looked and sounded beautiful on flat, silent vinyl. I had to use my Stable center hole reamer for 2 seconds to get the LP to fit onto my Thorens TD 160 spindle, but lately it seems that is necessary on about 40% of new LPs I play. This set smoked and the live recording quality, mastering, and cutting are top notch. Griffin gives his band members room to shine and none of them let us down. An amazing deal at $17, but still a great deal at full retail price if necessary, IMO.

12. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member Thread Starter

Just released a couple of days ago, the Criterion Blu-Ray of John Waters' Pink Flamingos is nearly half-off the $39.95 list price, $19.99.

13. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah—Barnes & Noble is doing it’s twice yearly 50% off Criterion sale so this is Amazon price matching.

latheofheaven and Jspmike like this.
  14. Woo-hoo! Thanks for the info.

Had no idea Pink Flamingos was even in the pipeline for a Criterion release. Now, if Criterion would happen to release Desperate Living in the future, my 5 favorite John Waters movies would be complete.

lv70smusic and latheofheaven like this.
  15. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

You are a very, very naughty person...:tsk:

16. Ha Ha!

Living vicariously through all those Waters characters is fun. :evil:

17. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

18. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Patanoia, 666666, mur and 4 others like this.
  19. Beeg

Beeg Forum Resident

Alphaville - Afternoons in Utopia $18.46 - at it’s lowest point according to Camel and about half the price I paid for it (why yes, I will have some cheese and crackers with my whine.) Pretty much my favorite synth pop album of all time and this pressing sounds great. I can’t compare it to the original though as that went away in a divorce and was replaced with a CD. Ya…I know….

https://www.amazon.com/Afternoons-U...aville&qid=1656825408&sprefix=,aps,109&sr=8-5

20. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

21. DapperGentleman

They've also dropped the price on the Picture Disc version of Michael Jackson's Thriller to $8.48:
    https://www.amazon.com/Thriller-Michael-Jackson/dp/B001DUKHXQ

Dave Clark Five's 'Glad All Over' 2019 remaster for $8.47 on white wax:
    https://www.amazon.com/Glad-Over-Dave-Clark-Five/dp/B09HBPS6L7

Riopy 'Bliss' - real busy, ambient/new age piano on Warner Classics - very pretty with lots of notes, not long pauses- $9.51
    https://www.amazon.com/Bliss-Riopy/dp/B08ZBJFTV6

Lizzie Loveless's debut from 2021 - she used to be in Teen - modern singer/songwriter stuff, serious but pretty and well done - $7.59
    https://www.amazon.com/You-Dont-Know-Lizzie-Loveless/dp/B0975PNN3R

Lucy Gooch - Rain Break EP - about 22 minutes, 5 songs - "ambient"/orchestral pop with whispered / echoed vocals, nice - $9.87
    https://www.amazon.com/Rains-Break-EP-Lucy-Gooch/dp/B092BNF6XB

Bertly, mur, latheofheaven and 7 others like this.
  22. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

It really is amazing how that Stones Tattoo You box set fluctuates!

23. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

24. Major Dolphin

Major Dolphin "If music be the food of love, play on" William S.

uDiscover music has buy 2 get 1 free sale going on now (Roxy Music titles work out to $20 each). They have many Roxy Music titles including half speed masters of Avalon & Flesh & Blood. They also have Bryan Ferry & many other artists.

uDiscover Music

25. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member