Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

2. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It’s not. Anagram has done a bunch of RSD releases among others.

But I think I recalling reading the pressing quality wasn’t great on this release - which is why I think I haven’t pulled the trigger on it previously.

5-String likes this.
  3. marcb

marcb Senior Member

What he said…:wave:

Jgirar01 and 5-String like this.
  4. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

5. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

What's up with Amazon delivering the wrong LPs lately? I ordered the latest Miles Bootleg Series but received Pink Floyd's Animals and then some techno record I'd never heard of.

6. ShamPain

ShamPain Well-Known Member

I ordered one of the Blue Note Classics last week and got a Nicki Minaj record on pink vinyl.

I may take a punt on the Bill Evans too. Seems like if you get a good pressing then it's a really great release, but also seems like there are lots of defects. It's all over Discogs, as noted above, but also all over Amazon reviews. Luck of the draw, but Amazon returns make that a good bet.

56% off a 3-LP set of Kraftwerk remixes by big names.

42% off the recent mono remaster (by Bernie Grundman) of A Saucerful of Secrets.

Lots of BNCs and Tone Poets with big discounts now, check out the Reuben Wilson if you haven't heard it. Super fun record, only like $14 for a fantastic pressing. The Freddie Hubbard Tone Poet for $28 is a steal, and so is the Gerald Wilson Tone Poet for $25, but you can still find pretty clean originals of the Gerald Wilson for $10 or less via online sellers. That record swings hard, and with an edge.

Greenalishi, Shawn, mur and 1 other person like this.
  7. jazzsurfer

jazzsurfer Forum Resident

Which Bill Evans are you talking about thank you

latheofheaven likes this.
  8. ShamPain

ShamPain Well-Known Member

9. ron/asheton

ron/asheton Forum Resident

Got mine today well packed in a box. Weird.

10. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

11. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

I often receive the wrong album. There is no rhyme or reason to explain the substitutions. I recently ordered Claire Hamill’s first album, One House Left Standing, which I’d highly recommend, and received a death metal release instead — Strapping Young Lad, it was. Whoops! My kids were amused. Fortunately, the Amazon Prime return policy makes it easy to rectify.

Truth be told, all the large sellers fall prey to this problem: Walmart, Target, Barnes & Noble, Deep “Dish” Discount, PopMarket, the list goes on. Again, the mistakes are tolerable if there is an easy return policy, which Target and Walmart certainly have in place. Just avoid third party sellers at Walmart.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    latheofheaven and GentleSenator like this.
  12. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I recently picked up an album from Amazon that was suspiciously cheaper than almost anyplace else by at least $10 (Twink's Think Pink), and they sent it in a paper envelope. Record was fine but jacket was predictably bent to hell on all four corners. Requested a replacement with a sternly worded note to please package it in a box, and what do they do? They send the replacement in a PLASTIC BAG! And it's in even worse condition. But this time, there's only an option for a refund, despite the fact that they claim to have a dozen or so in stock. So I decide to cut my losses and just keep the first one I received because it's in better condition and plays fine. I really, really hate Amazon and I'd love to have them out of my life entirely.

13. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Problem is that you can't always get what you bought. When that happened to me with Amazon, I returned for a replacement and got the same wrong album a second time. I was allowed to keep it free, but never got the right one.

14. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

I noticed that too.
    When I order an album which sells for little, like $15 or less, occasionally it ships in these plastic bags. It has happened maybe three of four times out of ten.
    When I buy something in the price range $25-35, like a Tone Poet release or such, it always comes to me in the dedicated LP mailer.

15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

been happening for a while now my dude. skim the thread to read about some of the more amusing goofs we've experienced. only real correlation i can infer is that heavily discounted stuff seems to be more likely to end up not being what you ordered because i think the system sees them as having too much of a particular title.

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  16. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

17. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Just to report back, I had a chance to listen to Dub Side of the Moon today and it really sounded great! Nice arrangements and very good sound quality, if you like this kind of thing. The beginning of their version of Money is quite funny... Oh, and the one I received is translucent green vinyl.

18. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

19. BRush

BRush Senior Member

20. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Heck yah I say.....ordered and thanks!!

21. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

22. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Got mine today and it was packed with no chance of getting damaged

If anybody wants one I would jump at the $62 price

Shawn and latheofheaven like this.
  23. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Man, if I had a nickel for everytime I've said that... :shake:

24. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

…you’d have as much money as you get when you get a penny each time you say “shagged it” on this thread.

:thumbsup:

25. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

RUEBEN WILSON "LOVE BUG" Blue Note Classic Series

1/2 off $13.90 Limited time

Love Bug was organist Reuben Wilson’s 2nd album for Blue Note. Recorded with an exceptional quintet including Lee Morgan (trumpet), George Coleman (tenor saxophone), Grant Green (guitar), and Leo Morris (drums), it features funky Wilson originals like “Hot Rod,” “Back Out,” and the title track, alongside R&B hits of the day like “I Say A Little Prayer.” Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series is all-analog, mastered by Kevin Gray from the original master tapes, and pressed on 180-gram vinyl at Optimal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09LGRVLM5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1