Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

Got it from Amazon USA, back of album jacket says Made In Germany.

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  2. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It's the same pressing/jacket worldwide. But my memory tells me US distributed copies (both the stereo release and the mono RSD release) didn't get a download card previously. But I could be wrong - maybe I even got a download card with mine and forgot about it...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  3. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

4. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

5. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Just keep in mind he doesn't have the full band with him if you are into the more rocking stuff!

latheofheaven and MrJerry1876 like this.
  6. MrJerry1876

MrJerry1876 Short Distance Voyager

It's really great, probably my favorite EJ live album! But remember, like @Juggsnelson said, it's just him on piano and Ray Cooper on percussion.

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  7. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I think I prefer that. Thanks for the input.

latheofheaven and MrJerry1876 like this.
  8. marcb

marcb Senior Member

9. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

While on the Elton stuff this is an OK deal, not super but here's my take. Pretty decent later period Elton, he still rocks on this one and has some pretty decent ballads. Album jacket is gatefold and is not wasted. Also, includes two full size booklets (Lyrics & Scraps). Really, a nice overall tip of the hat to the original album from 1975.

Elton John - The Captain and The Kid $25.36 (was like around $32)

https://www.amazon.com/Captain-Kid-LP-Elton-John/dp/B0B2J6ZSXB/ref=sr_1_35?crid=21U0NCMHG250L&keywords=elton+john+vinyl&qid=1668711829&sprefix=elton+john+vinyl,aps,102&sr=8-35

and then this:

The better pricing deal is: Peachtree Road (2LP, side 4 is the bonus tracks) $27.59, however I'm just not a big fan of it, but it may be for you?
    https://www.amazon.com/Peachtree-Road-LP-Elton-John/dp/B09Y2CRMBJ/ref=sr_1_18?crid=21U0NCMHG250L&keywords=elton+john+vinyl&qid=1668712131&sprefix=elton+john+vinyl,aps,102&sr=8-18

DocShipe, mur, Greenalishi and 6 others like this.
  10. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

Tjazz, mur, JorgeGvb and 10 others like this.
  11. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Sadly with this being Amazon, your mileage probably will vary :(

latheofheaven likes this.
  12. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Actually, it PROBABLY won't vary. But it might.

13. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Got the new Alice Coletrane, Putah, it’s great. Like the above post it came in a box. But no mailer. LP is fine. Cover has a very small corner dent. Bouncing around in the box. They don’t need the box just put it in a mailer. Such a lottery feel on each LP order.

14. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I received Steely Dan Live! in a bag yesterday. All four corners were bent up really bad. Already returned it!

15. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

I picked up a copy of the Steely Dan Live album at one of those Amazon/Target return stores. The corners were bent but it was still sealed and
    it cost me a whopping $6.

DocShipe, mur, RockNRod and 3 others like this.
  16. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

JorgeGvb said:
    I received Steely Dan Live! in a bag yesterday. All four corners were bent up really bad. Already returned it!

This is next level buying, well done! Check mate Amazon/Target!!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  17. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

They must send out the ones in a bag on purpose so they get returned and therefore keep the warehouse deals stocked up!!!! ;)

18. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

(I accidentally posted this on the Amazon UK thread earlier today :rolleyes:)

Not the most Earthshaking deal, but I really like the album (and the group - listening to it now) and the price is decent so I thought I'd post it here. Until I saw it in the background of one of the VC YouTube channels, I knew nothing about it despite the fact that I love the group.

VERUCA SALT - American Thighs $22.99 PRIME ONE DAY (For those in Ohio, that means that if you order it today, you should get it tomorrow. If you order it tomorrow, you should get it the day after, etc...)
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NWFE26S?psc=1&

It is on the same label as its original release. This pressing comes from 2014, you can get later pressings on coloured vinyl if you want it. The mastering is by a fellow in Arizona, Roger Seibel. I know nothing about him, but the sound quality is decent. Won't make you hafta change your pants or anything, but above average.

I really like the moody sound of her slightly atonal singing (this from someone who NEVER pays any attention to singers) I love the almost ShoeGaze sounding chords. The compositions are quite good. I really like the timing changes, and again, the overall moody sound. Great Alternative group!

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i got this way back in 2014. great pressing!

20. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Looks like Amazon has started a 3-for-2 sale to match Target's!!!! In some cases, it's 3-for-2, but for others, there's a box to check to get a specific dollar amount off of the price (to match Target's 1/3 off price). I don't know why they require you to buy three items in some cases, but in others you can buy just one and get the appropriate (1/3) discount.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  21. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

i cant find any eligible titles? Howd you find it?

latheofheaven likes this.
  22. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

I have a list on CamelCamelCamel's website of various Amazon items (mostly music, some blu rays), and when I clicked the Amazon links for a few of them, I saw the 3-for-2 info (or a specific dollar amount off if you check the box). I had checked a couple of hours ago thinking that Amazon would start trying to match Target's sale, but the sale wasn't going on then. They must have started it in the last hour or two.

23. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

I don’t see the 3 for 2 yet for Amazon

24. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

i found it, its there. Just find Kiss Creatures of tbe Night deluxe box and youll see it

latheofheaven and Greenalishi like this.
  25. Russ_B66

Russ_B66 Forum Resident

I hope that the selection improves with time.

Fred Dender and latheofheaven like this.