Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. semka

semka Forum Resident

2. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

And gone.

latheofheaven likes this.
  3. semka

semka Forum Resident

Still about 16 available at Amazon US.

mestreech and latheofheaven like this.
  4. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Down to 15 now, but deal is still available.

5. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

A few things I saw today:

My shelf is disproportionately filled with UFO albums. Their latest 2LP live album, from sometimes-suspect label Cleopatra Records, has received generally favorable reviews. New low price of $19.65:
    Amazon.com

Todd Rundgren's 2LP 'White Knight' on silver vinyl is in 'Like New' condition from Amazon Warehouse for $15.24
    Amazon.com

Motrik is described as 'Kraftwerk Meets Devo'. Their 2022 LP is $10.04:
    Amazon.com

Nobody's Girl is a Texas female folk trio, with a stellar review. Grace Pettis, Betty Soo and Rebecca Loebe perform. Packaging is well reviewed too. Just $5.84
    Amazon.com

Sao Poler's 'Nocturno' is old-school electronica from 2021, just $6.79 shipped
    Amazon.com

LoneLady 'Former Things' is indie rock / pop. I didn't enjoy it, but it's on Warp. 2021 LP in 'Like New' condition for $7.14 shipped:
    Amazon.com

Sean Keel 'A Dry Scary Blue' is an old-school folk singer from Texas. $7.17 shipped:
    Amazon.com

Peter Wolf's 2016 solo album (his 8th!) is $7.81 in 'Very Good' condition. On Concord Records .
    Amazon.com

Savoir Adore 'The Love That Adores' is fun synth-pop, $7.99
    Amazon.com

Van Dyke Parks & V V collaborated on this 2021 10" 4-song record (not a 7"!). Sung in Spanish. $8.01
    Amazon.com

Jeff Lederer is a jazz sax player. His 2019 quartet album features Steve Swallow on bass. $8.30 shipped
    Amazon.com

Charlotte Cornfield 'High In The Minuses' is commercial folk/pop, not bad. $8.14 shipped
    Amazon.com

Kevin Keller 'Shimmer' is back. Independent release of "Berlin-School Ambient" for just $8.36
    Amazon.com

It's rare to see Denovali LP's so cheap. Dictaphone's 2021 album 'Goats & Whores 5" is $8,46 shipped
    Amazon.com

Poetica is a Rachael Sage project. $9.28 shipped
    Amazon.com

Andra Day sings Billie Holiday songs on this soundtrack. It's been cheap before but still a favorite of mine. $9.32 shipped
    Amazon.com

Rez Abbasi is a modern jazz guitarist, with modern takes on Django Reinhardt songs. Listen before buying. $9.20 shipped
    Amazon.com

Laibach has a big 2LP set 'Wir Sind Das Volk' on Mute, with 20 page booklet. It's a soundtrack, $9.42 in 'Like New' condition
    Amazon.com

Quicksand was a proggy band from Wales in the early 1970's. Their sole LP was reissued. Some complaints about the transfer in the reviews. Cheap enough at $9.48
    Amazon.com

Another cheap Denovali album, this one I really enjoyed. Robin Schlochtermeier 'Spectral' for $9.93. Colored vinyl version
    Amazon.com

Last edited: May 11, 2023
  6. DapperGentleman

7. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

These Candid releases have great mastering but the pressing is often horrible and the vinyl is very noisy and with a lot of issues.
    Still, I do not want to discourage anyone from purchasing this, for the price it is definitely worth the risk.

Kyhl, latheofheaven and TerpStation like this.
  8. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Yeah, i was reading the thread on it...not pretty in terms of quality reports....good thing about amazon is that it goes back if there are issues!

latheofheaven and 5-String like this.
  9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Welcome surprise when my Madman Across The Water vinyl box set showed up.
    In my entire 16 years of shopping online
    at Amazon, I’ve never seen a better packing job from them.
    The form fitting packing crate that they received it in, inside another very thick corrugated container.
    The box set inside in mint condition.
    Maybe a former get_import_cds employee packed it. ! :laugh:

Davidmk5, kouzie, MrJerry1876 and 3 others like this.
  10. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Shagged, quite good, thanks mate! :tiphat:

11. DapperGentleman

Wow, it is good, isn't it? I like albums with 21-minute-songs.

A lot more of the Neu! - Krautrock sound than I expected. Heck, I bought it too! thanks!

warpig, latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  12. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Only 4 now that I snagged one. Thanks OP and yes, easily my favourite album, front to back, by them

13. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I'm from Europe maybe that's the reason I can't see any.

14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

man i REALLY wish that jan set came in vinyl form. i'd buy it in a heartbeat.

15. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

There’s a 2LP limited version by MOV from a year or two ago (8719262021242).

GentleSenator and latheofheaven like this.
  16. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

I had planned to post earlier when @DapperGentleman first posted his list of deals. I was intrigued by the 'Kraftwerk meets Devo' description from Amazon as I have their later MOON: The Cosmic Electrics of MOTRIK album (which is much better, IMO):

[​IMG]

The first track of Artificial Head Light is a bit like Devo in the lyrical sections, and the second track does sound a bit like Kraftwerk due to the use of German language, but the rest of the album and MOON... are far more in the Neu! and Can vein, and in places remind me of Primal Scream and Death In Vegas when they get into motorik mode. So, if anyone is still buying blind, expect more in the Neu!/Can style than Kraftwerk, and certainly do not expect much Devo.

Neu! enough for you?

Edited to add: forgot to post this sticker from the vinyl:

[​IMG]

Hope the Gorts approve!?!? :D

Are you seeing the Amazon US site when you click the link? The Forum uses VigLink/Sovrn which can alter the links. You can use browser plug-ins to prevent this behavior.

FYI, I just checked the deal and it is still live with 4 copies in stock as reported above.

mestreech, Rekkerds and latheofheaven like this.
  17. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Primal Scream and Death In Vegas :righton:

hutlock likes this.
  18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

does it fit the content from all 26 cds on it?

19. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

Only if it's a 3 RPM edition.

20. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Are you seeing the Amazon US site when you click the link? The Forum uses VigLink/Sovrn which can alter the links. You can use browser plug-ins to prevent this behavior.

FYI, I just checked the deal and it is still live with 4 copies in stock as reported above.[/QUOTE]

I just checked and switched to Canada address and then there were still 4 copies left.
    They don't send them to the Netherlands, shame.

21. semka

semka Forum Resident

Goes both ways, unfortunately. We can't get certain stuff shipped from overseas Amazon sites either.

22. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Ouch!

Seems that is more prevalent with many of the national Amazons these days -- Amazon Canada won't even ship some items to the US!

23. Sedwards

Sedwards Hyperactive!

24. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Just be aware this is an after the fact “collaboration” where they isolated Eva’s vocals and put them on orchestral tracks recorded much later.

25. Sedwards

Sedwards Hyperactive!

Yep. I have her other releases and just streamed this one this morning to see if it was worth getting. I only listened to a couple of tracks but was impressed enough that I was willing to grab it at this price. I think they did a great job.