Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Not a lot of new markdowns today, but I saw a few things. All are 2022 - 2023 releases ...

Silver BiPlanes are a UK indie twee-pop project, with Vanessa from The Melons on vocals. They did one single in 1993 and just re-surfaced in this new band, 30 years later. I love this stuff - kinda Sarah Records Label sounding ... $14.56 shipped
    Amazon.com

Melissa Lesnie is a new name to me, a smooth, French jazz singer. Here's an album of new standards, vocals and piano performances, quite lovely. $12.37 shipped
    Amazon.com

'The Crazy World Of Music Hall Records V. 2', a collection of Argentian funk / soul / world from the 1970's. $13.60 shipped:
    Amazon.com
    Info on the record is here: V/A: The Crazy World Of Music Hall Records Vol. 2 LP

A very obscure reissue of music by Bruce Haack - a 1963 Children's Music album of all things. $13.10 shipped
    Amazon.com

John Hiatt's 'Tiki Bar' reissue keeps falling. $11.71 shipped
    Amazon.com

Remember The Notwist? I'm not sure if this is their 2021 studio album, or the 2023 Live version, the Amazon description is confusing- either one is cheap at $21.95 shipped There was no USA release for the album(s).
    Amazon.com

Aretha Franklin's 'Runnin Out Of Fools' was reissued on MOV. In 'Like New' from Amazon Warehouse for $21.66 shipped
    Amazon.com

Crippled Black Phoenix's 'Great Escape' big 2LP set is under $20. From Amazon Warehouse in 'VG' for $19.18 shipped. For our krautrock / prog fans perhaps ?
    Amazon.com

John Carpenter's score to 'Halloween Ends' is $12.55 in Like New condition from Amazon Warehouse:
    Amazon.com

BMX Bandits, the Scottish group, are still going after all this time. Their 2023 LP is a soundtrack album called 'Dreaded Light'. $15.02 shipped
    Amazon.com

Who remembers Truth And Salvage Co.? They had two albums ... no, three! Their 'lost' 2012 album was called 'Atoms Form' and finally came out. $10.98 'Good' from Amazon Warehouse
    Amazon.com

'Sun Records' 70th Anniversary Compilation, Vol. 4'. $12. in "Very Good" from Amazon Warehouse
    Amazon.com

Jimmy Edgar has Warp Label / Machinedrum connections. His latest Liquids Heaven is just $10.97 shipped
    Amazon.com

Luuk Van Dijk is an old-school house guy - his first album is a 2LP set called First Contact. Just $15.16 shipped
    Amazon.com

I have a weak spot for that 'ambient black metal' sound. Lustre I was not familiar with, but they have 8 albums. Their lateste is $12.43 in 'VG' from Amazon Warehouse. (A new one would set you back $35...)
    Amazon.com

Bright Eyes' 'Lifted - Companion' is just 6 songs, but it's priced like a full-length LP. A 'Like New' copy is $10.83 from Amazon Warehouse
    Amazon.com

Prog keyboard guy Robert Berry did a 2LP soundtrack for 'The Wheel Of Time'. $20.34 in Like New condition from Amazon Warehouse. (The LP version is not showing up on Discogs, fwiw.)
    Amazon.com

Yuya Uchida & Flowers did a Japanese psychedelic rock album called 'Challenge', released in 1969. Reissued, now $12.05 in 'Like New' condition from Amazon Warehouse
    Amazon.com

The Smithereens' 2007 Christmas album (with Pat D. on vocals) was reissued on vinyl in 2022. Just $11.60 shipped
    Amazon.com

'Top Flight Nordic Chamber Jazz' album on the Rune Grammaphon label? Those are rarely cheap - Kjetil Mulelid Trio – Who Do You Love The Most? for $17.62 shipped.
    Amazon.com

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    sennj, imarcq, Juggsnelson and 18 others like this.
  2. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

The Cowboy Junkies LP of covers "Songs of the Recollection" is $17!

1 Five Years
    2 Ooh Las Vegas
    3 No Expectations
    4 Don't Let It Bring You Down
    5 Love in Mind
    6 The Way I Feel
    7 I've Made Up My Mind to Give Myself to You
    8 Marathon
    9 Seventeen Seconds

[​IMG]

Amazon.com

3. DapperGentleman

Airbag are a tremendous modern progressive rock band. On the softer side of things. Their album 'Identity' has been expensive for a year but just tumbled to $21.59, shipped at Amazon:
    Link to buy: Amazon.com

"If you like music in the PROG genre and especially Pink Floyd you will absolutely love this album - guaranteed. Hailing from Oslo Norway, the band was admittedly created and inspired by having seen Pink Floyd live. This album reminds me of "The Division Bell" frequently. You will also hear Porcupine Tree influences as well."

Preview clip here:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    imarcq, Fred Dender, mur and 5 others like this.
  4. Sedwards

Sedwards Hyperactive!

New to me but sounds great. Ordered - thanks! How is the rest of their catalogue?

latheofheaven likes this.
  5. DapperGentleman

Identity is actually their first album, reissued last year. I think it sounds the most like Pink Floyd of their catalogue. If you were to try another Airbag, try the Greatest Show On Earth album, that's another favorite of mine. (Their guitarist is an avowed David Gilmour fanatic - he also makes solo albums. I own only one but it's a good one.)

latheofheaven, SJP and Sedwards like this.
  6. liquifury

liquifury Forum Resident

I've really liked Airbag for some time. Greatest Show On Earth was a fine release. But I have to say that A Day At The Beach is a masterpiece! (and not a bad price, either)

7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

New Yes album, double vinyl/2 CD/Blu Ray set for $54 & change. Pennies more than I got mine for a couple weeks ago. Highly recommended value of a pretty terrific late-period Yes album.

Amazon.com

mur, Sedwards, Dignan2000 and 3 others like this.
  8. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Hmmm... Just listening now to Cut From The Stars. I must admit I am quite surprised at the very engaging arrangement. The way he uses is voice, the timing... Actually much more Proggy and catchy than I would ever expect from whom I feel are these beyond tired and worn out guys :)

The 2nd song is a bit more pedestrian. But, if the rest of it is like the first song, then hell yeah, I really like it! But, I have very low confidence in the guys that even quite a while ago put out the rather bland and coma-inducing Asia... (at least some of it)

Thanks though Bro, I must admit the first song is extremely well done! :righton:

***EDIT

Bummer... No, just as I expect, to me anyway the songs just get more bland and boring as they go on. Shame... I honestly REALLY liked the first one o_O

aoxomoxoa, DapperGentleman and SJP like this.
  9. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Americana: The Kinks, the Riff, the Road: The Story Kindle Edition by Ray Davies. $2.99 Kindle daily deal
    Amazon.com
    [​IMG]

10. FlexFantastic

FlexFantastic Mechano-Man of the Future!

The Beach Boys Sail on Sailor super deluxe CD box set is down to $90.88 - down from $149.98 for nearly 40% off (and looks like there's at least one warehouse deal for even less if anyone wants to take a chance): Amazon.com

First time I've seen the CD set go on substantial discount.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
  11. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

The Band 'Stage Fright' Deluxe Edition Box Set for 71$, that's half of the original retail price, good thing i waited, the item was ridiculously over priced originally.

Amazon.com

12. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

The Doors - "L.A. Woman 50th Anniversary Deluxe" (2021) 3 CD / 1 LP box: $37.93 :

Amazon.com

Originally retailed for $79.99

13. DapperGentleman

A few new markdowns, all 2022 - 2023 releases -

ESP Summer is "the guy from Pale Saints" and "the guy from His Name Is Alive" - $17.68 shipped ... "a lovely subtle treasure"
    Amazon.com

The Sub Rosa label is still going too. This one is old school "field recordings + electronics + chamber instruments" from Laszlo Umbreit, $15.07 shipped:
    Amazon.com

Winhill/Losehill are a 6-piece chamber folk / pop group from Sweden. Not bad - only 2 people on Discogs own it - $14.81 shipped
    Amazon.com

Grey market? Roky Erickson & Explosives 'Live At The Whisky 1981', $11.95 in "VG" condition from Amazon Warehouse
    Amazon.com

Herman Brood's 1980 album 'Go Nutz', reissued in 2023 on MOV - $15.43 shipped
    Amazon.com

Dagerloff & Garner are a French synthesizer duo. Their collection is called Haxan, and it's all over the place, in a good way. $15.45 shipped - only one left ...
    Amazon.com
    ... listen here: Häxan - Selected Works, by Dagerlöff and Galner

Don Airey of Rainbow / Deep Purple has a 3xLP Live album, just $20.28 in "VG" condition from Amazon Warehouse. Reviews on Amazon are good.
    Amazon.com

Cool Latin Jazz piano reissue, Virgilio Armas 'Espesjizmo' ... if this was a RSD release people would be paying $30 gladly. Originals go for $100+ I see. Just $12.90 shipped.
    Amazon.com

'Globeflower Masters V. 2' on Mr. Bongo is one of those modern electronic pop releases that seeks to reproduce the sounds of the 1960's and 1970's songs we all love. $15.05 shipped with great reviews. Only 2 left in stock, you know what that means ...
    https://www.amazon.com/Globeflower-Masters-Vol-2/dp/B0B94L66F5

This one is from 2018, but worth checking out. Andrew Bayer is one of the Anjunabeats people - this is a cool electronic album with vocals, not the house / trance stuff. $9.48 in "VG" condition from Amazon Warehouse. 2LP.
    Amazon.com

... and this one came out in 2014. 2LP Christmas Songs from Motown, boring??? No, it's not the old songs, it's new recordings by current Motown artists. Not bad .. $9.75 'Like New' from Amazon Warehouse
    Amazon.com

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
  14. UHLawdog

UHLawdog Forum Resident

15. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Band - Cahoots (50th anniversary LP,2-CD,Bluray, 7" single) box $42.53
    Amazon.com

16. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

They'll be giving it away for free soon :D

17. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Well it does complete my set of Them why not? Thanks!

fretter, latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  18. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Van Morrison’s band really were great, huh ?

:buttkick:

19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

This was less than $30 during the DeepDiscount/ImportCDs blowout on eBay a couple of months ago. For that price, I couldn't resist.

20. Ex-Oligarch

Ex-Oligarch Forum Resident

Mister VanMo risin'
    Mister VanMo risin
    Got to keep on risin'
    VanMo risin'
    Risin' risin'
    Whoah Yeah!

21. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Looks like it's time for someone's medication... :agree:

mur, Tjazz and SJP like this.
  22. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

Mister Mojo Nixon
    Mister Mojo Nixon

keef00, latheofheaven and Troyh like this.
  23. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Rush-- Moving Pictures 5LP deluxe, %74.99. Also available "used-very good" for %60.99.

Amazon.com

24. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Marty Willson-Piper's "Moat" project, second album for $13.39…

Amazon.com

Highly recommended for those who appreciate his contributions to The Church.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
  25. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

wow, that’s crazy