Good deals on eBay : Post the hot deals you find on eBay.com here

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by kwadguy, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

That's not the problem. It's WaxTime. Yuck. Good price but I'd never buy anything from WT.

Dennis Metz and GentleSenator like this.
  2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I think this qualifies as a good deal on eBay.

Our friends at Freakbeat (most excellent LA-area record store) are selling a brand new album by none other than DRAMARAMA.

DRAMARAMA Color TV SEALED (CD 2020 Pasadena) John Easdale 1st NEW CD in 15 years | eBay

$12.99 shipped. I ordered one on Friday and got it today. What a pleasant surprise that I didn't see coming, the first album in 15 years by the band which brought us the seminal Anything, Anything (I'll Give You). Frankly, these guys have never made a stinker album and always put on a blistering live set.

Spinning this new album for the first time right now. Stone cold classic Dramarama. I'm going to love this album all summer long and beyond. There are three songs (Swamp Song, What's Your Sign & It's Only Money) which are rescued from a rare John Easdale solo CD that saw no wide release (an early version of his Bright Side solo album with a markedly different track listing). Sounds like new recordings to me. All terrific songs, glad to see them get the attention they deserve. I cannot believe how excellent John's voice is. Tell me these songs were recorded in 1989 and I'd totally believe you.

These days, no band is going to sell tons of albums but $12.99 shipped is a small price to pay to throw Freakbeat a solid and support a band that hasn't missed a beat in 35+ years, not to mention having provided us with a consistent contender in KROQ's top songs of all time.

[​IMG]
    Dramarama ‎– Color TV
    Label:
    Pasadena Records (2) ‎– PR-20-001
    Format:
    CD, Album
    US
    Released:
    01 May 2020
    Genre:
    Rock
    Style:
    Alternative Rock

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    chodad, mur, katstep and 2 others like this.
  3. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

There is another copy of this long OOP CD for sale that does not come up very often. The price is higher but it is still about the same as the retail price and the shipping is free. The condition of the CD is very good and it has the two bonus tracks:

SILVER APPLES The Garden (CD) ("lost" 3rd album + 2 bonus tracks) | eBay

black sheriff likes this.
  4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

Some great deals directly from Manifesto Records, sold through eBay:

The Turtles: All six CD reissues with bonus tracks (essentially, the box set without the box), new, sealed, $35 shipped:

The Turtles - Studio Album Bundle (6 CD's) | eBay

Tim Buckley, all seven Manifesto issues, $25:

Tim Buckley - Studio and Live Performances - SEVEN CD Bundle - NEW/SEALED | eBay

Lee Michaels, all nine studio albums, $34:

Lee Michaels - ALL STUDIO ALBUMS - 9 CD Bundle | eBay

Dead Kennedys, DK40, 3CD live compilation, $12:

Dead Kennedys - DK40 - 3 CD Set - 40th Anniversary Edition - NEW - SEALED 767004293028 | eBay

J Luc, PhantomStranger and SJP like this.
  5. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Thanks! Those Michaels are the best sounding digital version. I made a "best offer". Only concern is I show the set as 2015; the seller states 2018.

6. moomoomoomoo

They accepted a $30 (+ tax, grr) best offer on the Lee Michaels catalog. It appears to be the record company selling direct. Assuming this is the same master as the 2015, it is totally a smoking deal. Interesting: I already had this set as files. Only bought the discs because of the great price. The files metadata shows them as 2015. Discogs shows these as 2016. Ebay shows them as 2018. Per Discogs mastered by Bill Inglott.

7. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Grabbed the LM set with $26 offer...superb deal.

Dennis Metz likes this.
  8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

Ha...I tried $26 and got a counteroffer of $31. So YMMV.

9. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

The last two Lee Michael re-issues might have been 2018. Tailface and Nice Day for Something.

Dennis Metz likes this.
  10. moomoomoomoo

Wow!

11. Tjazz

mur and lennonfan1 like this.
  12. moomoomoomoo

I bought the Manifesto Buckley also. I'm only slightly familiar with him (I have a 2 cd best of & the Woodstock box) but for a little over $4 a cd..........

13. Deluxe Reissue of highly regarded vintage analogue electronic album which Elusive Disc, Amazon and others sell at $39.99! Double LP pressed at Gotta Groove in Cleveland, OH. Comes with eight-page booklet and three bonus tracks. This was originally a cassette-only release and the original cassette sells for $100+ when it turns up.

I love this record and it reminds me of Pink Floyd's more experimental "space" rock. Very melodic and beautiful, but can also get wild. I think fans of 1970s analog electronic music and the "Berlin-School" will want this. Reissued by Lion Productions. One of the best labels around for rare psych, prog and experimental rarities. Highly recommended!

Jeff Carney - Imperfect Space Journeys 2xLP RSD SPECIAL HALF PRICE! SAVE $20! 778578317911 | eBay

GentleSenator and aperfecttool like this.
  14. no.nine

no.nine (not his real name)

This is a nice rarity for anyone into the '70s Berlin school of synth music. Reminiscent of TD at times, mainly in the sequencer sounds, but with a different kind of overall effect.

15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

well i am very much a fan and this is awesome. definitely getting this. thank you!

blacksabbathrainbow likes this.
  16. moomoomoomoo

My fav LM album is "Lee Michaels" (blue album with Stormy Monday). It was quite scratched. Seller/manufacturer agreed to send a replacement on 10/1. On 10/7 in response to my email, he said he had run out & had mailed it on 10/7. As of 10/10, I have not gotten a text or email from the USPS informing me that it's on the way. (I'm signed up for USPS notifications for all shipments to my home; also UPS & Fed EX). Also nothing more from the seller. Will write again late next week if it hasn't arrived. Will put in a complain around month's end with with ebay if needed. Just a warning for you all.

If the seller had just given me an honest date, I would be so angry.

The problem is for the Michaels set & 2 of the Buckley's Manifesto uses a very scratchy cardboard sleeve with no inner sleeve. Seller & manufacturer are the same person.

17. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Mine were all good and always use japanese half moon cd sleeves for future protection

Tjazz likes this.
  18. moomoomoomoo

I always add the Japanese sleeves when I first open the cd's. My others were ok. I'm just pissed because it had to be my favorite cd that was f'd up, & I do feel like the seller/manufacturer is being either flakey or dishonest.

19. moomoomoomoo

BEWARE of seller "subrinkh_22"

I'm currently getting ripped off by a an obvious criminal (literally) on ebay & they still won't do anything until Saturday; & told me not to expect a refund until 11/2. While they keep letting this slime rip off all of his customers. He had 100% fb when I placed my order. He's received 12 negs in the last week including mine. He uploads fake tracking numbers. And ebay doesn't seem to care; at least their cs in Asia doesn't........ I would think ebay would want to get rid of this guy yesterday; the money is likely going to come out of ebay's bank account.

Thanks for letting me rant.

mrjinks and Strat-Mangler like this.
  20. Tjazz

Manifesto has lowered some prices.

Lee Michaels (nine) and Complete Turtles (six) CDs are still available.

Turtles : 45rpm Singles Box $12 or make a deal (eight discs)
    The Turtles - 45RPM Singles BOX SET - NEW/SEALED -- RIDICULOUS LOW PRICE! 767004803012 | eBay

Dead Kennedys : DK40 3-CD (live) $6.99 or give an offer
    Dead Kennedys - DK40 - 3 CD Set - 40th Anniversary Edition - NEW - SEALED 767004293028 | eBay

Tom Waits : Early Years vol. 1 + 2 (two CDs) $7 or make a deal
    Tom Waits - The Early Years Volumes 1 AND 2 (2 CD Set) -- NEW/SEALED 767004060224 | eBay

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    Leviathan and superstar19 like this.
  21. moomoomoomoo

The Michaels set is very nice.

22. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

23. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

superstar19 likes this.
  24. Tjazz

mur and kenbefound like this.
  25. moomoomoomoo

That's my opinion, & really only 3 worthwhile singles at that. This set (in hi-res) also doesn't have real good dynamics (I think it was a 9)

kenbefound likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.