Good used CD stores in the Chicago area?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Oatsdad, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever Thread Starter

Gonna be in the WC all next week, so I hoped for some shopping hints. Staying out by O'Hare and heading into town mainly to go to the United Center, so shops convenient to both locales are most useful to me!

2. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member

Chicago's mass transit system is actually very convinient, so even though the places I'm going to note aren't close to you, they're easy to get to.

The entire scene has been dying recently, but there're still some good places. Take the Red Line to Belmont. Record Explosion just closed, but if you walk West on Belmont a bit, you'll come to a decent used store.

Then walk East, back under the tracks. Right when you hit Clark, turn right (South) and there's a small, but well-priced store called Disc Explosion.

Ignore the MUsic Recyclery (crap) and keep walking East on Belmont. When you hit Broadway, turn right (South). REckless! It isn't as good as it used to be, but...

Other than that, there're some places in Evanston, some others in the area, and a decent 2nd Hand Tunes/Dr. Wax in Hyde Park (probably too far out of your way).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.