Google Play Music library gapless playback on iPhone?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by shmuckler, Aug 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shmuckler

shmuckler Forum Resident Thread Starter

[​IMG]
    Hello everybody. Some notes on the not so popular or mentionable subject.

I'm always lauding and promoting GPL for 50000 song thick free music library every google account can possess and stream everywhere and for its convenience, but with a reservation about the gapless playback. I cannot get it working in 100% of cases. Saving albums on the iPhone for offline listening doesn't help. But I noticed that after segueing into the next track with a gap, listening to the same segue again right away actually produces a gapless transfer between tracks.

Still it's not consistent and it's driving me nuts.

Any suggestions or ideas how it can be improved?

2. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

You have to be a developer. This isn't a job, it's a setting in Android. So go to Settings, find About Phone toward the bottom of the menu picks and select. Then scroll again the bottom you will see a box with the Build Number. Now tap repeatedly on that box. After about 5 taps, you are given developers status.

Now go back to the Settings menu and pick System then pick Advanced. You now have a new menu pick toward the bottom of the menu called Developer Options, click on it. You are now looking for a setting called "Disable Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload". It should be disabled meaning "Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload" is actually enabled. Click on the slider to "enable the disable". You do not want this "Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload". We have double negatives going on, so this may be confusing. So, explicitly, the slider is white in color and offset to the left. Click on the slider and it will move the right and turn blue. Blue and to the Right is correct. It will request a reboot, probably to clear any settings with paired devices. When your phone restarts, gapless playback should work perfectly.

3. shmuckler

Wow, thanks for the extensive tutorial, but I'm on the iPhone. :)

4. jkauff

jkauff Senior Member

Assuming your songs are in the iTunes library on your phone, download foobar2000 from the App Store. It can read your iTunes library, which you can combine with any files you put in the foobar library space. Excellent player, and does gapless, hi-res, and pretty much anything you'd want from a player. Can also transfer files via FTP or UPnP into its own library.

5. shmuckler

There is no problem with gapless playback using tracks trasfered to the iPhone with iTunes. But what about streaming with Google Play Music?

6. jkauff

jkauff Senior Member

I doubt if a 3rd party player can control that. The Google player may offer it, though, since it can communicate directly with the streaming server.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.