Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Got a new DVD today!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Tyler, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler

Tyler Forum Resident Thread Starter

I can't wait to get home and watch this!

Neil Peart: A work in progress. It's an instructional video for drummers, with over four hours of footage! I'm not a drummer, but I can't get enough of watching Mr. Peart play.

2. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

I was eyeing this too - kinda pricey though (~$50, right?).

Do let us know how it is... I might purchase it based on your review. (no pressure) :)

jeff

3. Tyler

First I have to confess that I am a Rush fanatic. Geddy Lee is my favorite bass player (damn good singer to! although it is an aquired taste, either you love it or hate it). Watching Neil Peart play the drums is like watching Hendrix play the guitar, like watching Dali paint, like watching the founding fathers draft the bill of rights (okay maybe not the last part, but you get the idea).

This DVD consists of Neil Peart showing his drum technique, drumming to the songs on Rush's 1996 album "Test For Echo". He talks about songwriting with Geddy and Alex, constructing drum parts, etc. If you love Rush, love the way Neil plays drums, or are basically a drum geek, you will love this DVD. I'm only halfway through right now, but I've enjoyed it so far.

4. poe_man

poe_man Forum Resident

I watched this again a couple of weeks ago, and I enjoy it every time! He's truly an inspiration, even if you don't play the drums! Wait until you get to his warm-up session!!

5. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

Thanks for the review, Tyler. I will have to pick this one up. :thumbsup:

6. Tyler

A quick note for anyone thinking of picking up "A Work in Progress". I got mine off Ebay, still factory sealed, for $40.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.