Gotham-Batman Prequel Series on Fox, Fall 2014

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I see that with Alfred's help this Bruce can become Batman. And I don't think the actor's chops are that lacking, I think he's doing an okay job.

Yes, who is the Bruce clone?

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  2. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Yeah, whats up with that.. He's kid still..
    He's not british or Shakespearean actor..
    He's doing what his role allows.

3. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Hey, if you like him that's great. For me, there's 2 kids working on the show, and I think the girl playing Selina Kyle nails her part. Not only do her acting chops dwarf his, but her uncanny resemblance to Michelle Pfiefer can't help but make you believe she'll become Catwoman!

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

She might be the best thing in the show. They do some interesting things in Gotham, and I had zero faith they'd pull it off as well as they have in the last two years. It's also a great looking show, particularly on a TV budget.

FVDnz and kevywevy like this.
  5. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

The show is pretty good but I can't stand the fish mooney character and the actress playing her

FVDnz and Scott222C like this.
  6. Lonson

Huh, she's one of my favorite parts of the show, glad she's back. And Jada Pinkett Smith is doing a great job imo. We're all different!

7. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Indeed we are :righton:

8. Lonson

Wow. This is a good season imo. I'm digging the sort of black is the new orange rise of the Penguin as candidate for King.

xdawg likes this.
  9. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I like that Bruce & Alfred get a crack at Bruce's twin. I'm very curious where that plot line goes.

10. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Just loving this show.

Penguin rules.

11. Please Bruce, invest in an alarm system at Wayne Manor... it seems every episode someone is breaking in!

knob twirler and David Campbell like this.
  12. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

An alarm went off at the end of this episode as someone was breaking in again!

One thing that's getting old is Alfred getting his but kicked every other episode. He's a tough bugger, but it's becoming a default way of putting Bruce in danger, and I'm getting tired of seeing him lying unconscious on the floor.

kevywevy, Shawn and Lonson like this.
  13. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I enjoy how the all the actors play their roles bordering on a 'campy' style. Not as extreme as the Adam West Batman days but definitely an over dramatic cadence that screams 'COMIC BOOK'! Oh, lest I forget...Ivy! Yowza!;)

kevywevy likes this.
  14. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

Not to get political. But, his storyline seems to be based on a real estate mogul that's been in the news lately.

David Campbell likes this.
  15. Lonson

Yes, I agree. (My comment about "orange" above was my subtle clue.)

16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think the network is nervous about having a bad guy kick the crap out of young Bruce Wayne, because he's still a young teenager. I keep saying, "give the kid a gun! And let him kill the next person who tries anything!" But that ain't gonna happen, either. Note that they did have Catwoman -- excuse me, Selina Kyle -- push a guy out a window and murder him.

I fear the show may have just had a "jump the shark" moment when they artificially aged the Poison Ivy character 10 years by having a villain artificially age her, then replaced the young actress with a different older actress. I thought this was totally bizarre.

musicalbeds likes this.
  17. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

Yep, and the Mad Hatter's sister has poison in her blood, like Ivy does in the comics.... it was getting very confusing last night, imo.

18. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

One extremely cliche' moment in last night's episode: Bruce doppelganger standing over a sleeping Bruce with scissors in his hand. At NO POINT did I EVER consider Bruce2 was going to do anything with those scissors other than cut his hair to look more like Bruce. Would ANYONE have fallen for that overly-used bait-and-switch plot device? Then why even use it? Just show Bruce2 sitting down to cut his bloody hair.

At least Alfred didn't get knocked unconscious by Bruce2's powerful right hook...

19. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Loved the scene with Penguin in the house doing the campaigning. He had a whole staff going on..

20. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Interesting twist with Gordon's ex's fiance.

I still don't know how they are gonna circle around to have Jim and Barbara reconnect? I mean they have to right? That's not really a spoiler is it?

21. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Gee, a TV promo that builds up suspense and fear by implying something violent is going to happen by misleading the audience through careful editing! That never happens. :sigh:

I think all TV promos (and movie trailers) since the dawn of time do a little "bait and switch" where they grab your attention by implying one thing when something else is really going to happen.

22. Paper Wizard

Paper Wizard Forum Resident

Like the show very much, but I don't like the Bruce2 storyline. Curious to see where plotline goes.

23. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I'm not talking about a promo. I'm talking about the actual episode.

24. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

This last episode had a curious twist, namely that the Bruce 'doppelganger' seems much more capable of becoming Batman than Bruce could ever be! 'Sfunny, although Gotham is obviously an over the top comic book show, it's still aimed at an older demographic as opposed to Supergirl. For being on at 8PM I'm surprised sometimes by the violence and sexual overtones where as the Supergirl series is totally OK for the kids. I've never watched Arrow, Flash, or Legends so I have no idea where they land. Television's actually facing the same dilemma as the books, who to aim the product at?

jriems likes this.
  25. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I agree. What it showed me is that the actor who plays Bruce/Bruce2 CAN look pretty badass when it's needed. That's a good thing. I thought the whole episode was pretty great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.