Gotham-Batman Prequel Series on Fox, Fall 2014

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

I am loving this show a lot and, suprisingly, so is my GF, and comic book super heroes are not her thing at all.

Larry Mc likes this.
  2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I agree with all of this. I had previously thought the Arkham plotline would be awful, but it's actually fairly interesting so far. And the girl who plays Selina is a surprisingly good actress.

3. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

She really looks like very young version of the actress Jeanne Triplehorn

4. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

Did the show air the night of the NCAA college championship? My DVR didn't record anything. Hoping we get some insane laughter out of one of the Arkham cells soon! I was happy to see Christopher Heyerdahl in the last episode. That guy has done a fantastic job as the Swede on 'Hell On Wheels'!

5. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

Nope. Returns next week.

Coricama likes this.
  6. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

Renewed for a 2nd season today.

Coricama and musicalbeds like this.
  7. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

Excellent episode tonight closed a couple of storylines and started a couple more.
    I'm really enjoying the show. The acting is bang on, some actors being cartoonish, others intense, and some natural.

musicalbeds and kevywevy like this.
  8. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

Still a good episode but it may have been the first one I felt really let down by. The way they handled Gruber may have been the most anti-climatic way to it.

9. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I thought this was a huge improvement over the poorly plotted mystery episode from last week. Last week had the advantage of interesting new characters and a novel setting, but the central mystery was handled so poorly that I thought about giving up on the show.

When Gordon explained why they were keeping Falcone in protective custody at the GCPD station, he said it was the most secure location in Gotham (unless Victor and two henchmen show up :laugh:). In my head, he continued on and said, "...plus, do you have any idea how much money we spent on those Arkham Asylum sets last week?"

10. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

What the Little Bird Told Him was a really good episode. Thumbs-up!

11. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Penguin has to get an Emmy nomination out of this.

Guy steals every scene there is...

I was hoping Jim would stay longer at Arkham but I guess not... I would pick the doctor over Barbara anyday...

musicalbeds likes this.
  12. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I loved What the Little Bird Told Him! I thought it was a return to form. I don't know if it's been discussed before, but I feel like a lot of the shots in this show are constructed to look like comic book panels. I love how Gotham combines the dark nihilism of some of the comics and Batman: The Animated Series, and just a touch of the campy goofiness of the Adam West Batman TV show.

musicalbeds likes this.
  13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

love the show as is however I can't help but imagine how great it would in a "R" rated version via HBO or something

14. Paper Wizard

Paper Wizard Forum Resident

Great show. Really enjoying it. Solid casting for all the parts.

15. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

I'm not sure I would enjoy an R version more, (maybe maybe not) but I certainly wouldn't miss the commercial interruptions.

16. That's why I dvr it.

Vidiot likes this.
  17. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

Yeah,,I don't have one :(

18. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I watch it every week, I'm hooked now.

Coricama likes this.
  19. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

Anyone else have a Burger King countdown to a commercial? A bar appeared before the commercial, at the bottom of the screen, counting down until the commercial started for BK...very annoying!

Great episode last night, as was the one before it we had to watch on demand, due to missing it while in Jamaica.

20. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

Yeah I got that too. Watching TV now is almost worse than watching youtube at least I can control popups. There have been popups on some TV shows that take up literally 25% of the screen. :realmad:I guess they have reached the saturation point with how many actual commercial breaks they can cut in. Now we get popups. :mudscrying:

musicalbeds likes this.
  21. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

22. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I don't. Not everything improves with explicit sex and violence for their own sake. Being creative within restrictions often gives better results.

John K.

ArpMoog likes this.
  23. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Those are only superficial reasons for going 'R'.

24. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

This is a pretty violent show as-is. I'm surprised each time I see a point blank head shot on network TV (especially one based on a comic series).

Vidiot likes this.
  25. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

They really showed Fish's tough side in the last episode, as the torture scenes were wonderfully campy.

As predicted, a relationship has started between Jim and the Doctor.... I believe that's going to be nipped in the bud upon his fiancé's return, only to heat up again later.
    Batgirl's Mom left Jim in the comics... in one storyline, iirc, because of infidelity...so it looks like they're setting something like that up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.