Grand Funk Railroad's "Closer To Home"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mattb, Apr 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mattb

Mattb Senior Member Thread Starter

This would REALLY be nice to have reissued/remastered! The original CD sounds very bad in my opinion.

Matt

2. HeavyDistortion

HeavyDistortion Senior Member

Matt,

I've got the Japanese CD release of "Closer To Home", and I think that it sounds way better than Capitol's US release. Check it out if you ever happen to see a copy.

HeavyDistortion

3. Mattb

Thanks for the tip! I'm not sure where to find those releases, (I am not sure if there any any import shops in our neck of the woods) but I will browse the net and keep my eyes open.

Thanks again,

Matt

4. HeavyDistortion

HeavyDistortion Senior Member

Matt,

I found a used copy at Record and Tape Traders in Towson several years ago. Someone probably traded in their Japanese copy when the US version came out, thinking that the US copy might sound better. If you are aware of the Record and Tape Traders stores, you should probably check them out every so often; you never know what you will find there; especially Towson, where there is always a huge turnover of used CDs. Also, if you ever get to the College Park area, check out CD Depot on Route 1, which has as many used CDs as I have ever seen in one place!! Good luck in your search.

HeavyDistortion

5. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Japanese Grand Funk RR

Hey: It's a Washington / Baltimore forum!

I too can vouch for Record & Tape Traders.
    The place on RT.1 in College Park rocks also (Go Terps!)
    Other good places for Japanese Discs include:
    Red Trumpet (formerly in Tysons Corner VA!)
    Griffco
    Obiland

We really are getting "Closer to Home" :D

Peace,
    Norm

6. reidc

reidc Senior Member

YESSSAA!
    I can vouch for Record and Tape Traders as well. I had done business with them 10 to 15 years ago buying Japanese vinyl pressings, and all was well.

I just won(?) an auction of a used DCC Venus and Mars through them on Wednesday last week. Bank check in mail Friday morning- email from them Monday morning that check received and DCC sent that day. CD arrived Wednesday UPS for a very reasonable $4.60 packing and shipping.

Product is as described. I will do business with them in the future.

I was in the Baltimore area 3 times in the last 2- 3 years, and never really had a chance to find them(I was actually in Towson/Lutherville/Hunt Valley). Have always had a fascination with Baltimore for many years, and will take a trip there this summer- guess where I will be stopping!

7. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I read that Capitol is remastering "Closer to Home" due out sometime this year.

8. Mattb

Hey guys,

Thanks for everything! I next time I am in the College Park area, I will stop and look for that.

That is interesting about the upcoming remaster. It is overdue in my opinion!

Take care,

Matt

P.S. Check out my group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/audiophilecdrtrade/

9. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Capitol is soooooooooooooo damn slow at reissuing titles that people want, if they ever do 'em at all (now where did that Apple Records reissue program go to by the way.)

They have TALKED for years about reissuing all The Grand Funk titles.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.