Grateful Dead Dave's Picks 2017 Subscription Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tededfred, Nov 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

Not sure I understand. DaP #24 sold out on October 17.

SBegonias17 likes this.
  2. BurtThomasWard

BurtThomasWard Guided by Loke In Memoriam

It's been that way with all four this year. Then again maybe there was more subscribers than earlier. Upping the run to 18 K seems like a pretty sound idea.

SBegonias17 likes this.
  3. Olias of Sunhill

Olias of Sunhill Forum Resident

That explains it, then. Thought it hit this morning and I was clearly mistaken. Excuse my ignorance, gents. :buttkick:

4. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

No worries. :cool:

Olias of Sunhill likes this.
  5. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

Not sure why 6/12 hasn't gotten LOTS more love over the years. Arguably my favorite Wharf Rat, and the drop into Comes A Time is a thing of beauty.

6. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Agree on Wharf Rat. Hot hot hot

GuidedByJonO))) likes this.
  7. LucaB

LucaB Forum Resident

shipping notice received - 24 expected on my doorstep tomorrow (friday) by 10:30.

8. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

Me too - just got the shipping notice this morning but it indicates that it'll arrive tomorrow :wiggle:

9. Dahabenzapple

Dahabenzapple Forum Resident

I’m refusing to buy into my insanity worrying about shipping notification!!!

notesofachord and RockRoom like this.
  10. hagcel

hagcel Forum Resident

So I got an email confirmation from paypal for my sub that says "Thanks for your order at Warner Elektra Atlantic. Money won't leave your account until Warner Elektra Atlantic processes your order."

I have not received an email for dead.net or Warner with an order number for my sub. I placed the order on Wednesday.

Has anyone received a order # from dead.net or Warner?

11. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I received a mail with the number the minute I placed my order through dead.net (with credit card).

12. Tom H

Tom H Forum Resident

Tracking shows my subscription copy of Vol 24 arrived on island last night at 7 pm. Could be out for delivery today. My how times have changed!

13. hagcel

hagcel Forum Resident

Ok cool. I just called and got my order number. This was my first time calling customer service. Do they usually ask for a suggestion of a show to listen to? LOL. I'm listening to 10/01/94 from the 30 trips box today and I'm really digging it so I said that one. She said that was the first time she has had a 94 show suggested. Haha!

14. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

That's a good show, in fact, but I'm sure they don't receive many requests for '94, that's true.

KDubATX likes this.
  15. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

Both venues are awesome. Unfortunately, the next round of DSO shows will be at the Warfield, which isn't really an awesome venue.

16. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident

Mines should be on my doorstep tomorrow. Def by Saturday. :pineapple:

17. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

Mine is in town, scheduled delivery for tomorrow. I'd love to have this for the weekend, but I won't get my hopes up.

18. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

Still no shipping notice. No big deal, it will arrive unannounced...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

No notice of shipment, but UPS is delivering something from WEA tomorrow. Weird, as my Dave's Picks always travel by USPS to me. And I thought this was an early November release. No complaints.

DrLunchbox and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

I miss the Omni in Oakland, which I understand is just sitting there empty these days. I saw many, many great reggae shows there in the late 80s. A very good place to see live music, but they would try to seize your stash at the door, which happened to me once. Very uncool. Anyway, my discs are supposed to be here tomorrow (also UPS for the first time) and will go straight into the CD player when I get home.

We have a long, long way to go before they run out of 1972 shows to release. I don't know whether they're all in good shape or not but there are at least 50 more 1972 shows that haven't been released in any form. So we got that going for us, right Carl?

[​IMG]

21. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

haven't seen a notice yet for mine shipping

22. rufus t firefly

rufus t firefly Forum Resident

No notice here. weird. Also, never got a confirm from dead.net on '18 sub. Got my paypal confirm on the purchase. I guess I should call?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

My Vol 24 didn't ship yet (subscription), and I just called. I was told that they are shipping out now and into next week. So I guess if not shipped by end of next week I will have to call again.

The weirdest part of my call was the woman I spoke with started to ask me which was my favorite Dave's Picks of the three sent out already this year. I said that I like them all equally even though they have different merits, but my real reason for calling was to find out when Vol 24 would ship. Once we were done discussing shipping of Vol 24, then she ended the call by stating that once I receive Vol 24 I should call them back and give them feedback on how I like the show. Very strange.

budwhite and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

i don't think my 2018 went through. i'll just order it next week. no rush as long as i do it before 11/6/17

25. DrLunchbox

DrLunchbox Forum Deadhead #1604

I applaud their efforts at delivering a better customer experience. As long as the actual service is good, that’s all I care about. They successfully applied my address change earlier this year, which I assumed they would mess up. So they’re doing well in my book as of late.

budwhite likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.