Grateful Dead Dave's Picks 2018 Subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tededfred, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

This depends on your bank.

Most debit cards will decline a purchase at checkout if there are not sufficient funds in the account. Sometimes you can run the debit card as a credit card and the transaction will be approved, though this was an old trick of retail and that loophole may have closed with recent changes.

2. Lands End Drums

Lands End Drums Forum Resident

Well...

Game one of my Dodgers in the World Series for the first time since I was in high school and the 2018 subscription with the announcement of one of the best from fall '77 to kick off the year! Can it get much better?!? I don't get the 'I can't believe this is being released ' tease a week ago on this one. I can't believe this HASN'T been released yet!

Us Deadheads are so spoiled.

3. Dahabenzapple

Dahabenzapple Forum Resident

I’m thrilled about this selection. I’ve spent more time with Dick’s 34 & Dave’s 12 than almost any other releases over the past year or so. Band is smoking yet cleaner than 78. Only quibble is I wish Keith kept playing the grand piano, but I’ll trade the wolf & the toy keyboard for the Travis Bean & the grand piano

Cassius, budwhite and US Blues like this.
  4. thgord

thgord In Search of My Next Euphoric Groove

Order placed.

5. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

#26:

26 June 1973- Seattle.

Bonus- 24 June- Portland. Dark Star.

C'mon Dave- do the right thing!

6. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I think Dave is doing a good job, and he's got to spread out the "great" releases. I mean, the fact that we're getting a '72 and a '77 back-t0-back, albeit in two different subscription years, is great. He's doing a job for a company. He's got to place the great shows strategically, in slots where they'll generate the most excitement and boost sales, and then put a not so great show into a lesser slot when he can get away with it.

7. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

I will make transfer in morning when bank opens. Since it's added to my cart, will it be safe between now and when I make my transfer to pay? I would hope it wouldn't be sold out between now and then!

8. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

Oh, no way in the world it will be sold out by tomorrow.

9. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

I don’t think subscriptions have ever sold out ahead of the cut off date, have they?

10. wavethatflag

During the latest seaside chat, I believe Dave said you'll have to January to subscribe. He did however also say that they have a specific numerical limit to the amount of subscriptions, but he wouldn't give a number.

budwhite likes this.
  11. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

Dave referenced that they wouldn’t sell out, but I couldn’t tell if that meant subscriptions were capped (ie a set number less than 18k available) or something else.

12. wavethatflag

I didn't subscribe the first year, but have every other, and subscriptions have never sold out. Two years ago I waited a couple months before I re-upped.

budwhite and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. markp

markp I am always thinking about Jazz.

Subscribed today...first day subscriber every year...love this series!

Dominick, RiRiIII, LucaB and 4 others like this.
  14. GerryO

GerryO Senior Member

Try Chrome or Internet Explorer, as Firefox has really given me problems in the past

Zafu and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

I went to Springsteen on Broadway tonight and found out about the subscription after getting to my seat............had an aggravating hour (until Bruce took stage) trying to order through my Iphone and having the site crash.

Got home at 11:30 and had no problems ordering. Looking forward to another great year (and hoping for 1985 in either DP 27 or 28)

agn, budwhite, Zafu and 1 other person like this.
  16. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

I guess I should be okay. And I had just transferred some money to buy another item.

17. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident

26 Please Please Please be 10-14-80 with the Acoustic Set as the Bonus Disc!!

Giving up on a Dave's 6-10-73. It will be saved for a Summer '73 Box Set, no doubt.

18. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I'm in.

19. Zafu

Zafu Cosmic Muffin

I have never and likely will never understand why these subs don't sell out lightning fast. For a band that was filling huge venues in almost every state, if not every state, how the heck do these not sell out fast? I don't get it. The quality of the sound is awesome and the picks are top notch for the most part. The price is insanely low. Whatever, at least I can depend on you guys ;p

Zafu

20. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Dave has over hyped shows before but this might at least be a big upgrade to what is circulating. The big audio improvement he's talking about must be that they have a good SDB and all we have is a decent AUD at best.

That's what I'm thinking anyway.
    Should also be a pre 1980 show...

I think they use #3 as the wild card,if any.
    #1-2=classic shows to get the sales going. #4=classic show to hype next years subscription

Great deal for us abroad as the shipping is only $12 for the whole year.

We don't know the subscription/ala carte ratio but I think that the 2016 subscription increased with a few thousands, after Fare thee well. That's why the ala carte is selling out faster than ever.

With only a few hours window to get the shows on "release day", subscription(or download) is the only way to go

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  21. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Got my subscription. This is my third year now. Never heard a 77 Truckin so I’m looking forward to 25 a lot

Crispy Rob and Matthew Tate like this.
  22. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Englishtown Truckin is a another fine from '77

Dominick, Blue Note, LucaB and 3 others like this.
  23. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

I’m thinking that you’re right, it’s either a show only available as an AUD or partial SBD with cuts in it.

I don’t think think it will be from 72, 77, or 78. Otherwise, it could be anything.

budwhite likes this.
  24. I didn't even think twice (it's alright) and subscribed right away. Last year was my first subscription. I really wish I hadn't taken a 10+ year break from the Dead, I kind of got burned out somewhere around 2004 or so. So I missed out on quite a few Dave's Picks and the Road Trips series. Oh well, I have plenty of Dead in my collection so I'll survive.

Dominick, budwhite and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

A lot of people don't like to buy a pig in the poke. What if Dave gets Sailor>Saint crazy and dishes four crapfests from the eighties? I am neither a Pig Pen fan nor a Brent fan, so I liked to buy a la carte until the turnaround time got too short.

ianuaditis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.