Grateful Dead Dave’s Picks 2019 Subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dtuck90, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

Here are a few more in the "country fried psychedelia category":

Cumberland Blues - Hunter, Lesh, Garcia
    Mexicali Blues - Weir, Barlow
    Jack Straw, Sugar Magnolia - Weir, Hunter
    Row Jimmy, Tennessee Jed - Hunter, Garcia

2. Yardbird

Yardbird Forum Resident

I heard back from Dr. Rhino and my second copy of DP 32 is on the way. Now I'm happy. Thanks Dr. Rhino!

3. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

Or mine... It's a little hard to understand how they can be this unorganized with simple things like shipping a quarterly release to long-time customers to such a sporadic degree.

4. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

So is Dr. Rhino a different set of customer service people than dead.net? And what is the best way to contact, email? Phone?

US Blues and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

Smoke Signals.

Billy_Sunday, PhoffiFozz, ARK and 3 others like this.
  6. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

Finally got to the third CD of 32. Amazing!

laf848, Billy_Sunday, adamos and 4 others like this.
  7. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

Unmarked bills to a PO Box.

8. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

Pour a drink or fire up a fat one and chant "latvala!"
    Works every time.

9. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Idk, but Im finally a step away from my issue being resolved. Im not sure about renewing my Sub. I emailed Dead.net and they are responding like tortoises. I had to resort to saying that it seems to get my issue resolved.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. scribbs

scribbs Resident Mockery

I have to admit that it took me a couple of listens to this show for it to satisfy. That's probably more a knock on me than the performance, which is above average. I just get the feeling that the training wheels are still on to a degree here. Something I can't quite put my finger on.

11. Day_Tripper2019

Day_Tripper2019 Forum Resident

Anyone on here actually met Latvala?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. rbbert

rbbert Forum Resident

Many, I’m sure

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. Butzi

Butzi Forum Resident

I just noticed the guitar Jerry is seen playing in the photo on the inside panel of DaP 32 is the Alligator, which is currently being auctioned for sale, as someone on this forum pointed out a little while ago. A hallowed piece!

14. Coltrane42

Coltrane42 Well-Known Member

Copy 2048 arrived safely in the UK (Dorset) this morning.
    Interestingly it looks like they are going via Zurich again with no signature on receipt required.
    I held fire on ordering 2020 DP to ensure that there were more no cock-ups like #31, happy to order once again this year:righton:

15. Jackstraw78

Jackstraw78 Forum Resident

You can email Dr. Rhino at [email protected]. I haven't tried it yet, gonna wait until my email to dead.net customer services is answered (hopefully).

PhoffiFozz and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. JBOO

JBOO Forum Resident

#2273 here in Leeds today.

17. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Mine only shipped last Wednesday so would have thought I’ve got a week or so to wait yet. Excited!

US Blues likes this.
  18. jonnyeric

jonnyeric Hyperactive!

UPS?

19. JBOO

JBOO Forum Resident

UPS Mail Innovations. Whatever that is...

jonnyeric likes this.
  20. Coltrane42

Coltrane42 Well-Known Member

Not UPS.
    Mine was delivered by Royal mail, no sig required.

US Blues, RiRiIII and jonnyeric like this.
  21. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Yes many times

US Blues likes this.
  22. TwoJokersInEveryPack

TwoJokersInEveryPack Forum Resident

I'm not sure what the GB consensus is, but it seems that they have started to arrive.

Mine was sent USPS (rather than UPS), with no tracking.

After the debacles around DaP 31, Woodstock and the Giants box (still awaiting a response over my smashed packaging), I prefer to travel in hope.

23. a sound painter

a sound painter The no drama drumma

Any other Canadians receive theirs yet? Got my shipping notice last week, but getting a bit concerned that customers in the UK are somehow getting theirs before those of us residing in North America. Make no mistake, I'm happy for you UK residents, just a bit mystified at how this particular deal is going down.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. runonguinness

runonguinness Forum Resident

As far as I know most people in the UK are still waiting but those who have got it this week did not get hit for ridiculous extra handling charges like last time. I'm expecting mine in the morning but am enjoying a dodgy download until then. Don't Panic. Not yet anyway. Until the recent fiascos any delays we had seemed to be because of the US service providers (and dead.net/Rhino tried a few) taking forever to ship stuff out of the US and then not flying it direct to its intended country but to one European destination (this time Switzerland it seems) who were then responsible for sending it on to wherever it was meant to be. Once it got to the UK we got it delivered in a day or two if it was then handled by UK Royal Mail, it could still take a week if it was up to a courier company. Maybe Canada has similar unnecessarily complications.

Seeing as how us non-US are regularly delayed why don't they mail our orders out first? I mean we actually pay for our postage so we should not be disadvantaged. I'm sure the new stuff is sitting in a warehouse for days at least before it is sent out to comply with the announced date for US customers so they could mail ours first without delaying the US orders. They have done this in the recent past and we had deliveries the same week as the US, bring this back.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  25. Freebird

Freebird Was 205 pounds, now 215.

Was Dick ever advised against calling the series Dick’s Picks?

KeninDC and Matthew Tate like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.